E3 2015 EA Press Conference - Mega Thread

1298582231493925193.png

I figured I would post another press conference, EA is up next. I know what to expect from some on this forum (the shitposting is going to be amazing, no doubt) but if we could perhaps keep things on topic and discuss the games. 

Mirrors Edge, Mass Effect, Battlefront, hell who knows what other franchise EA could bring back this year. It is certainly one of the more interesting conferences for E3. 

The show starts at 2PM, so lets buckle up for what should be a good one. I will be updating it as it goes along. Because its fun, and cohesive threads > random nonsense. 

Mass Effect

Mass Effect: Andromeda will come out Holiday 2016

While we aren’t ready to go into too many details just yet, as you saw in the trailer and can tell by the name, this game is very much a new adventure, taking place far away from and long after the events of the original trilogy. You will play a human, male or female, though that’s actually not the character you saw in the trailer (more on that later). You’ll be exploring an all-new galaxy, Andromeda, and piloting the new and improved Mako you saw. And through it all, you will have a new team of adventurers to work with, learn from, fight alongside of, and fall in love with.

Development on the game started while Mass Effect 3 was still being finished in early 2013. It’s being built in the Frostbite engine and will only be released on PC and current gen consoles.

1298629053366228553.gif

Source: http://kotaku.com/electronic-arts-showed-the-new-mass-effect-off-it-s-ca-1711474765

Need for Speed

This game has 5 overlapping stories, tons of customization. 

1298630362130122055.gif

Source: http://kotaku.com/the-new-need-for-speed-has-a-big-open-world-police-cha-1711477489

The Old Republic

New expansion, is free to current subscribers. Promises a return to classic "Bioware storytelling", IMHO if they really meant that they would give us KotOR III, not this MMO nonsense. 

1298638630426673070.jpg

Source: http://kotaku.com/brother-battles-brother-in-star-wars-the-old-republic-1711481274

Unravel 

Source: http://kotaku.com/ea-announces-incredible-looking-indie-ish-yarn-game-unr-1711483248

Used to really hate EA, but damn they make some of my favourite games, mirrors edge, NFS, battlefield/batttlefront. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I hope its the greatest thing ever and all the haters just shut up. Wait a minute, they're haters. They'll hate anyways. 

I'm not a hater but I know EA and don't have high hopes for the game. The engine screenshots look pretty though.

I hope its the greatest thing ever and all the haters just shut up. Wait a minute, they're haters. They'll hate anyways. 

So far I fucking hate EA for what they seem to be doing the battlefront. But we will see, they might show some really good stuff and really get me positive again. But I doubt it.

Motherfucking Yarny bitchessssss

ANd then there was some fucked up retard zombie onstage... EA pls... EA pls..

Even more EA pls.... why the fucking fuck Pele on stage, the guy has nothing to do with gaming. 

Fighting against AI. I'm hype again. this they got right at least. Now lets see the gameplay

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

It could be Half Life 3 and there would still be haters.

I can't wait to see Battlefront, Mirror's Edge, Need For Speed, new Mass Effect, maybe the Star Wars game from Visceral, and also what's up with the game from Criterion.

RTX2070OC 

EA are really on the ball this year, damn they better do some good shit this E3. Its weird to say that

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I have lot's of doubts about Battlefront, let's hope EA proves me wrong. Also Mirror's Edge, NFS and please god, MASS EFFECT!!!

I jizzed.

Edited by Bouzoo

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Hmm looks like the rumors a few weeks ago about Mass Effect and the Andromeda Galaxy were true. If all the rumors about the plot are true, then that's... disappointing. I know people were upset with the ME3 ending, but putting the game in a time and place long removed from the original trilogy doesn't seem like a good answer to me.

Ah well, CDPR is basically the new Bioware anyway.

Hmm looks like the rumors a few weeks ago about Mass Effect and the Andromeda Galaxy were true. If all the rumors about the plot are true, then that's... disappointing. I know people were upset with the ME3 ending, but putting the game in a time and place long removed from the original trilogy doesn't seem like a good answer to me.

Ah well, CDPR is basically the new Bioware anyway.

They either had to do a prequel or move on. As much as I liked Shepard, I'm glad they are moving onto something else. The lore in ME is plentiful, they can pull it off. 

I have lot's of doubts about Battlefront, let's hope EA proves me wrong. Also Mirror's Edge, NFS and please god, MASS EFFECT!!!

Y U NO BAD COMPANY?

EA, Y U NO BAD COMPANY?!

And a remake of mass effect 3 without a SHIT ENDING would be nice.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

They either had to do a prequel or move on. As much as I liked Shepard, I'm glad they are moving onto something else. The lore in ME is plentiful, they can pull it off. 

True. I just hope not too much of the lore (the various interesting cultures and how they interacted) will be abandoned in favor of this new galaxy. Perhaps when we get more information, I won't be so pessimistic.

Y U NO BAD COMPANY?

EA, Y U NO BAD COMPANY?!

And a remake of mass effect 3 without a SHIT ENDING would be nice.

Was never a Battlefield fan.

Also the ME3 ending was edited, it's the extended ending now.

Also in ME, those things looked like Protheans (with smaller heads).

The drifting physics pisses me off, really EA?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Was never a Battlefield fan.

Also the ME3 ending was edited, it's the extended ending now.

Yes, and the game is still terrible. No matter what you do.

You can't

Make peace between the Geth and Quarians..

Probably a lot of other stuff I'm forgetting because it's been so long. But stuff that might have been effected by the previous two games.

Long story short, the third game was a GIGANTIC slap in the face. The first two games were all about choice, the final game? *bitch smack* "Nothing you do matters, none of your choices really made anything different. You still LOSE."

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

The drifting physics pisses me off, really EA?

You're not the only one. That camera... I hope you can change it.

God damn those NFS visuals, wow.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit