390X benchmarks from the guy that unboxed it

Tiber1337

what, because he said he got it from best buy then it must be the real deal? that video proves nothing. untill i see OFFICIAL benches from REPITABALE places i will hold out judgement

You can see the box and there are several pics of the exact same box from different retail stores it's even stocked in some Best Buys already.

We also have GPU-Z pics from it the 390X is just a 290X with OC and double the VRAM same goes for the 390.

And anything else isn't possible as the new GPUs have HBM which this card does not have.

This isn't any different from the 200 series we get 2 new GPUs and the rest are rebrands just that they this time slided up the naming from the 90/90X to Fury/FuryX.

RTX2070OC 

Welp rip AMD I say they have 3 years until they get bought out or zen cpu's better cover their ass

While the 290X (390X) is hotter and everything, it being just a bit better than the 970 fits the product lineup. Granted, it should be at a better price point but then Fiji PRO competes with the 980 and Fiji XT with the 980Ti.

No, you are basing it off things you've made up in your head.

No? What the hell do you mean "no"? I haven't made up anything in my head. All I've done is explain that what AMD is doing is in conflict with general naming conventions and as a result is causing confusion and THATS why everyone is getting pissed. It was generally understood that the R9 ( )90X was their flagship GPU. Suddenly they announce the 'Fury X' which lies outside of this system much like the Titan X is separate from the GTX 900 series. Common sense suggests that the Fury X is here to combat the Titan X and the R9 390X should have been designed to combat the GTX 980. This is obviously not true, the 390X is exactly the same as the 290X, and that's why everyone is crying bloody murder.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

And where did you get that they've totally failed? They have a new super-card coming out in the next month that promises to bring Titan X performance with low thermals, low noise and a compact signature with cutting edge VRAM tech.

"low thermals, low noise and AMD' is a contradiction.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Performance is what most were expecting. It should start pulling away at higher resolutions, but they messed up with the price point. $369 would of been awesome for 8gbs

i7-5820k @ 4.6ghz w/ H100i || Asus Sabertooth x99 || Gigabyte 980ti G1 ||  EVGA 980ti SC || 32gb DDR4 2666mhz Gskil || 1tb WD Black HDD || Samsung XP941 256gb M.2 PCIe || EVGA 1300w G2 || Corsair 540 w/ Silverstone Sound Dampening Foam || Logisys RGB Led  || Corsair M65 Mouse  & Corsair RGB k70 || A lot of Corsair SP120s

"low thermals, low noise and AMD' is a contradiction.

Wasn't that long ago that that claim would have been made of Nvidia. The 8800 GTX and Ultra ran hot and loud, especially the Ultra. The 9800 GTX sounds like a fucking jet engine when it spins up. The 480 got so hot that it shipped with a warning not to touch it until it's had time to cool down.

I would wait for better drivers though

AMD hasn't had new drivers that aren't beta for like 2 years.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

No, they aren't. 

Best Buys internal system does not allow products to be sold to a customer before street date. If you try, the price shows up at 9999.99 and more to the point, the system just won't let the sale go through. 

For the product to be on the store shelves it means that the product itself was received from a truck, scanned into the inventory system, given a green light to be placed on shelves and had existing price tags and information cards AND it means that someone at BB Corporate issued update planograms (what they use to place product on shelves) that included shelf space of the new cards. 

No one at Best Buy was being 'stupid'. They follow standard operating procedure. For those cards to even be on sale, at some point someone who controls inventory gave them the green light to do so. 

So two things here happened. AMD (or their distributor) gave Best Buy the WRONG street date, since that is what Best Buy uses to determine when product gets released. 

OR

This was all according to plan, AMD (or their distributor) intended on the product being placed on shelves in this manner this early. 

Used to work in retail (not BB) and had friends that worked in retail (some at BB), I can say that the "won't sale unless on street date" is only a thing for a VERY select FEW products. That is Apple, Samsung, and high volume products. Also knowing BB uses the same PDA system that the store I worked at did I can tell you the sku's are entered into the inventory system with all the correct info a week or more in advance and can be looked up by even the lowest of employees. People at the store I worked at would put stuff out on shelves prior to street dates all the time (books, cds and movies especially) and our system would only catch things (some of the time) on big release stuff (say a Taylor Swift CD or Call of Duty). Something like this (low volume so no risk of losing some contract with the distributer, XFX in this case) probably isn't seen by best buy as something they need to prevent early sales from so it probably wasn't set up in there system to block sales on it.

While their system should have caught it, I highly doubt it is or would ever catch the 390x's street date if someone tried to ring it up.

Okay so we got synthetic benchmarks with no driver support for the new card... Apparently this is the final result that everyone is accepting now? Reviewers no longer need the correct drivers or proper benchmarks to show you what the card is capable of anymore.

We got a bad unboxing video and now a bad benchmark video. Nice.

About six months. The last WHQL driver released in December. Not that WHQL really matters.

This is not like the 680 to the 770.

The 770 had a tier down number and did not pretend to be near the top of the ladder.

It also improved the card enough for enjoy getting used. I wouldn't say it was worth the price NEW though. The 780 was the card to buy.

The 770 had faster memory, more bandwidth, 30% frame rates in Bioshock Infinite.... WOOT...

But yea, Overall the 770 was about 15% better. I don't think a card like the 390X is 15% better than the 290X but that's just my assumption.

Plus you have to compare it to the 980, I agree because there's nothing else Nvidia has a mid tier to compare it too. The 970 is too cheap to compare it to.

Wow,this is kind of depressing. I was hoping to see anything much better.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

My suggestion would be for them, if they can't make any new gpu's then don't make "new" gpu's that are just rebrands they should wait till they have got something new to release, what they have done with the 300 series is not helping them at all.

Then you'd complain about the 200 series being around for over 2 years. :/

It'a either Fiji XT or nothing now.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Second post ever on this forum. I have been reading it for 2 weeks.

I am amazed at the amount of arguing and bickering on a relatively intelligent forums...

I've just wasted my time reading through 4 pages of it, and now wasted more time replying to it!

Good day sirs!

I am amazed at the amount of arguing and bickering on a relatively intelligent forums...

I've just wasted my time reading through 4 pages of it, and now wasted more time replying to it!

Good day sirs!

yeah, its best to stay away from gpu topics most the time. Other sub fourms are decent, pc gaming, you want skyrim mods. You will get pages of them. Psu and aircooling sections are fine too.

Good day sirs!

avxjn.jpg

that's what GPU-Z reads from the BIOS and that's the date R9 290X's GPU was created since you know .. it's the bloody same thing!

they even have the same PCB on the darn thing as a reference R9 290X!!!!!

Actually @kipper brought up a very good point. It should show the date created in 2015 even if it was rebranded. 

I went to check the GPUz screen shots from the 7970 Ghz edition and the 280x. The date created is indeed different. 

7970                                                                                                            280x

ghz-edition.jpg       dNgv6Kw.jpg

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

That was amds fault. they didnt approach the devs. 

8vwmr9n.png

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

Actually @kipper brought up a very good point. It should show the date created in 2015 even if it was rebranded. 

I went to check the GPUz screen shots from the 7970 Ghz edition and the 280x. The date created is indeed different. 

It should be noted the manufacture date is not stored in registers so the information has to come from elsewhere (hard coded database). In future versions of GPU-Z this will most likely change to June 16, 2015 after we have a confirmation of the actual launch date.

Please don't spread false informations. They may have been releasing WHQL drivers rarely in the last year, but 2 years? I know that's not true so please care to explain.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

kn2pDUk.jpg

H7WVD3J.jpg

orA8IBB.jpg

HXobkeN.jpg

LF7KswM.jpg

kczdoVk.jpg

WtVAHG1.jpg

xATeYUq.gif

7D9d6SG.jpg

BIOS Dump: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=85146925914006580479

Please don't spread false informations. They may have been releasing WHQL drivers rarely in the last year, but 2 years? I know that's not true so please care to explain.

Well... in all fairness AMD has WHQL drivers less than 2 months old if you're on Windows 10.

Then you'd complain about the 200 series being around for over 2 years. :/

The 200 series have been around for 2 years of which the 280 was based off the HD 79somthing and then they reused it as the 380.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!