Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain has microtransactions

TwistedDictator

MSGVPP.png

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain’s is reaching its release date so pre-order on the PlayStation Store has been revealed. In the details section for the pre-order, it give you the description and the pre-order package you will get but below it states “Optional in-game purchases” indicating that there would be a micro-transaction within the game, it does not yet state what you can buy within the game but we will update you once we find out.

source

I hope this is a joke, I really do. I dont belive the game will be transaction within the game just because Ground Zero didnt. IF they do put transaction, I hope its some good stuff.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

No surprise there... it is hard to find a game in 2015 that DOESNT have some sort of micro-transactions...

its likely just some MGO stuff

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I heard there are going to be microtransactions in the 2015 remake of PONG.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

As long as the microtransactions are cosmetic (extra guns, extra camos, etc.), I see no harm.

Now if it's bits and piece of the game that you actually need to finish it or if it's some sort of "pay to win", or (the most hated one of all) content locked that's already on disc, then it's time to bring out the pitchforks.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

It's Konami, of course there are. As long as it's optional online only stuff or cosmetic things I don't care.

I hope its some extra cosmetic stuff without functionality or with the same functionality as free stuff. (think 2 weapons, one free, one paid, exact same stats, the paid one looks fancier)

Could this be the source of conflict between Kojima and Konami?

Sick to death of seeing Micro-transactions in everything. Where has the unlock progression gone? oh that's right games don't last long enough before the new alliteration is on the shelves every year............

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

Microtransactions aren't the end of the world for me, especially when they prove to only be cosmetic.  Besides, Konami seems to believe the future in making large product margins by selling AAA titles alone won't prove lucrative for many developers, a sentiment I can agree with.  Despite their abhorrent behavior lately, I encourage any developer to figure out how to make their games profitable however they wish, I'll vote with my wallet if I disagree with their methods.

I practice and study Buddhism, admire art, love cats, build computers and enjoy civil debate.

I guess it is just too fucking hard to put your wallet where your damn mouth is!? I mean I am sure it will sell well anyway and then the same people that bought it will be complaining that they have to shell out an extra 100 bucks for the game to be fun...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

No surprise there... it is hard to find a game in 2015 that DOESNT have some sort of micro-transactions...

Atleast we have the Witcher 3.

US8xtO1.png

Watch out for spoilers. Supposedly there is one that is like "Bruce Willis was dead all the time".

Could this be the source of conflict between Kojima and Konami?

Would be a safe bet. Konami wants to target Mobile games, which as you know, is built upon the principle of micro-transactions. Kojima strongly disagreed, and seeing micro-transactions in this game is only a slap to Kojima's face.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

I'm pretty sure MGS4 had Microtransactions in the form of downloadable MP3 you could buy and then listen to in game using Snake's Ipod.

There were also a few extra camo colours that you could buy.

Oh Konami...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Umm...who cares? 

Cosmetic items as DLC? who really cares? Do we all cry that CSGO has 500 dollar knife skins? Fuck no, so what gives us the right to complain when other games have this optional nonsense that doesn't affect the gameplay? 

As long it doesn't interfere with the main game single story campaign I don't care because I'll probably not touch it. If I get it, it will be fore the single player and nothing else.

Seeing people being complacent with extra things being sold, even if they're "cosmetic items", makes me remember why I hate all of you cunts.

Maybe I'm just cheap, but I prefer having cosmetic items be bought with in-game currency or something, rather than actual money.

Otherwise, I don't really care about this, so long as it doesn't interfere with the main game. And I suppose it is Konami's right to do this, even if we don't approve of it. And, of course, people will still buy it, just like people buy ridiculously expensive skins in Counter-Strike.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Umm...who cares? 

Cosmetic items as DLC? who really cares? Do we all cry that CSGO has 500 dollar knife skins? Fuck no, so what gives us the right to complain when other games have this optional nonsense that doesn't affect the gameplay? 

Who said DLC? Its content within the game that requires money to unlock. Who said it was cosmetic, we dont know what it is yet. 500 dollers for a skin? Not everyone is rich enough to buy that, its only 500 dollers because the publisher didnt decide the price but the seller. From Konami' past experiance have we really seen just "cosmetic", i'm sure that are taking a lot of shit right now for treating customer badly.

But anyway maybe this is different to other games you play, we play $20 for MSG (each series), because it was awesome, well crafted (for PC too) and just to support Kojima. Since Kojima is kind of lost control, Konami puts micro-transactions.

We are hoping its just skins but with Konami reputation, I dont think so.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Just because it's there, that doesn't mean you need to buy it. Unless you it's needed for completion. 

Konami Pls?

snip

Watch out for spoilers. Supposedly there is one that is like "Bruce Willis was dead all the time".

If that is a spoiler way to put it in spoiler tags/put the spoiler warning before  the spoiler...dumbass...whatever I glazed over it and didnt read it

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit