My AMD PC nearly died 5 days ago. (cue emotional music)

Press play for music, then read.

It did have a AIO watercooler, and it had been solid for 3 years. (CoolIt ECO ALC)

So one day i fire up CSGO, then all of a sudden the game crashes. (PC locked up)

Then i heard a noise kind of like something caught in a fan, but there was this weird smell too like burnt plastic, so i immediately held the power button down on the chassis and turn it off.

I originally thought it was the power supply (Corsair TX650) 

I opened the case, touched the cooler... it was MEGA HOT!, but i could not fathom how it got so hot... there was no trace of fluid near the actual block or anything.

So i moved the PC.... huge puddle under the case, and this blue/green stinking mess of fluid :(

At this point i removed the cooler altogether, stripped the PC down and dried out the MSI 790FX-GD70 motherboard.

What seems to have happened is as i was using the PC, it was enough time for it to leak the entire amount of fluid from the cooler also heating up the CPU to where it froze the PC (safety shut off and throttling) until i heard the pump screaming like a bastard.

I was kinda scared.... as water does not mix at all with anything electronic!

Anyway, i checked all parts thoroughly and could not find any burn marks, any kind of water damage visibly or anything, so i decided to order a new CPU cooler (coolermaster Hyper TX3)

Put the PC back together... it booted first time without a hint of giving up!

I am damn proud of my PC, now that is what i call a SOLID PC!

However... after switching it off, it would hang at post code 78 on boot up.... i removed the 500GB HDD... turns out the HDD got damaged, but that's fine... more than happy and really a massive stroke of luck for me.

This PC is back to it's original 4GHZ OC with 2 extra cores unlocked under the TX3 and have yet to see it rise higher than 43c in anything!

This is my PC running like nothing happened with the new cooler.

3LBx9yB.jpg

AMD Phenom II B55 Quad / unlocked dual core 4.3ghz CB R15 = CB 422
XFX R9 390 8GB MY RIG: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/MVwQsY
Fastest 7770 on LTT . 3rd Fastest Phenom II Quad on LTT

PCSX2 on AMD CPU? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/412377-pcsx2-emulator-4096x2160-amd-phenom-ii/#entry5550588

Even sadder music:
VOLUME WARNING:

My PC suddenly turned off 3 years ago. Brought it back to the store and apparently the motherboard was RIP as the southbridge became very hot.

My PC is AMD based too. Coincidence? I think so. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

43c with an OC'd and unlocked amd cpu and dat tiny cooler.

I think something is wrong.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

This chip does more than 4.0ghz... 500mhz more in fact... would need custom loop for it though.

PCSX2 on AMD CPU? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/412377-pcsx2-emulator-4096x2160-amd-phenom-ii/#entry5550588

AMD CPU's run quite cool actually, i think we have a fanboy here.

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10

Even sadder music:

VOLUME WARNING:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0NCe-l8NVA

My PC suddenly turned off 3 years ago. Brought it back to the store and apparently the motherboard was RIP as the southbridge became very hot.

RIP HEADPHONE USERS

Dual Boot Windows & Hackintosh

CPU: Intel 4790K | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Hero Vii | GPU: Zotac AMP! Extreme GTX 970 | Display: ASUS PB278Q | Case: Phantom 630 | PSU: Corsair HX1000i 

Canada eh? 

The reaction when a fanboy finds out AMD cpu's max temp is 55c. The FX line of cpu's literally get unstable when going higher than like 53c and amd recommends 51c for the fx line.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

RIP HEADPHONE USERS

Well I did warn

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Umm no, i have an amd based system and i can't keep it even close to temps like that.

It's an athlon X4 645 stock at 3.1, OC'd to 3.5 and it goes during gaming all the time over 60°C

65°C isn't an exeption, 70°C is, but still.

And it's not the coolers fault, that's a scythe mugen 2 Rev.B so that's fine.

It just gets really hot, tried different things to fix it, but that didn't help.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

aio water cooler leaks and dies

owner gets non liquid cooler to replace

lulz

BigDay

Even sadder music:

VOLUME WARNING:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0NCe-l8NVA

That cooler leaks like crayZ

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Well I did warn

WELL I'M LAZY AS FCK AND DIDN'T READ, JUST PRESSED PLAY. 

Rip+headphone+users+_3a3e544f48f6a2ac1d7

-snip-

Tyrone is genius man

WELL I'M LAZY AS FCK AND DIDN'T READ, JUST PRESSED PLAY. 

;'(

They run cooler as far as temps go, but because the voltage used is higher, that means more W that the cooler has to dissipate.

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

I have a Coolit ECO on an older system... running 6 years now.

18030229.jpg

Ticking time bomb.

The reaction when a fanboy finds out AMD cpu's max temp is 55c. The FX line of cpu's literally get unstable when going higher than like 53c and amd recommends 51c for the fx line.

And you have no idea what you're talking about, apparently. Citation needed. I've gotten my FX up toward the 70C mark and never had a lick of instability. The only problem I've had with the FX CPU is just the stock cooler -- which is absolutely horrible compare to aftermarket options (not to mention, sounds like a jet engine when the fan's maxed out), but not incapable of keeping the system stable.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

And you have no idea what you're talking about, apparently. Citation needed. I've gotten my FX up toward the 70C mark and never had a lick of instability. The only problem I've had with the FX CPU is just the stock cooler -- which is absolutely horrible compare to aftermarket options (not to mention, sounds like a jet engine when the fan's maxed out), but not incapable of keeping the system stable.

I DO know what I'm talking about because that damn chip has been out for years and everyone who has actually researched their chip has been through this. You can get individual cores up around 70c but all 8 cores under %100 load will be unstable past 55ish degrees. Go ahead and test it, run prime 95 small fft and bring up HWmonitor or whatever you use to test temps and cpuz to monitor any throttling.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

I DO know what I'm talking about because that damn chip has been out for years and everyone who has actually researched their chip has been through this. You can get individual cores up around 70c but all 8 cores under %100 load will be unstable past 55ish degrees. Go ahead and test it, run prime 95 small fft and bring up HWmonitor or whatever you use to test temps and cpuz to monitor any throttling.

I have. I undervolted the fans in my system -- all of them -- down to 7V to see how well my loop would stand up to that under load, and saw the CPU temperatures climb into the 60s relatively quickly when running Pime95. Didn't see the CPU throttle itself, though, as I was watching it with CPU-Z as I also had the system overclocked at the time. No stability issues at all, no throttling on the CPU, and in the temperature testing I was running Prime95 and a bfgminer in its benchmark mode. The GPUs had an easier time staying cool compared to the CPU, and the CPU got up near 70C during that testing.

Needless to say I don't run my fans at 7V because of what I saw in that testing. Instead I have them undervolted to about 9V.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

AMD cpu's run cooler than Intel because the heat spreader is soldered directly to the chip. the downside is all that heat gets pumped into your room a lot faster. Plus, Intel cpu's can handle much higher temps, while AMD are limited to a much lower TJ Max. I have two office computers using AMD APU's running at 4.4Ghz, both cooled with a Hyper 212+, and rarely do core temps get much higher than 40-45C under load (according to GPU-Z). Nothing unbelievable about your temps really.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR