How do people stand hot weather

Photonic

Exactly ... And here is your daily rant thread about how can people stand this abominable +20C ...

I sure hope that those temps aren't in Kelvin.

I'm pretty sure the entire population of India would die if those aren't in Kelvin Fahrenheit... Oops ... I misread as fahrenheit ... You saw nothing  :ph34r:

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

I'm sorry, but we use international measurements here, not measurements that are only used in 3 countries.

Say in French cranky voice : Americans ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

I sure hope that those temps aren't in Kelvin.

Fahrenheit 

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=3000

169-Indian-Heat-Wave.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Exactly ... And here is your daily rant thread about how can people stand this abominable +20C ...

I'm pretty sure the entire population of India would die if those aren't in Kelvin ... 

100 kelvin == dead

100 celcius == dead

100 fahrenheit == survivable

When in doubt: C4

I'm pretty sure the entire population of India would die if those aren't in Kelvin ... 

If those temps were in Kelvin, they would be dead by the sheer coldness (it would be colder than in Antarctic).

If those were in Celcius, they would be dead too, by the impossibly hot temperatures (they would die to heat strokes, if not literally boil to death).

On Fahrenheit, those would be livable temperatures, so... Most likely Fahrenheit was used.

EDIT: @ind3x ninja'd me

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

100 kelvin == dead

100 celcius == dead

If those temps were in Kelvin, they would be dead by the sheer coldness (it would be colder than in Antarctic).

If those were in Celcius, they would be dead too, by the impossibly hot temperatures (they would die to heat strokes).

On Fahrenheit, those would be livable temperatures, so... Most likely Fahrenheit was used.

yeah as i mentioned, it is Fahrenheit  

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

100 kelvin == dead

100 celcius == dead

If those were in Celcius, they would be dead too, by the impossibly hot temperatures (they would die to heat strokes).

EDIT: @ind3x ninja'd me

I need sleep ... I misread it as Fahrenheit ... Not Kelvin ... Or it is the other way around ? " I'm pretty sure the entire population of India would die if those weren't in Fahrenheit ..."

I need sleep ... I misread it as Fahrenheit ... Not Kelvin ... Or it is the other way around ? " I'm pretty sure the entire population of India would die if those weren't in Fahrenheit ..."

Go get your dose of Hannibal, episode 1 of season 3 dropped yesterday, critics have already seen the screener of season 3 and praising it 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

I'm sorry, but we use international measurements here, not measurements that are only used in 3 countries.

post-21562-0-03534600-1433525268.png

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

countries-not-using-the-metric-system.jp

Well, aren't you arrogant. It's no wonder Americans don't like you people.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

When it is above 20.C/293.15.K

I just cant stand it gets extremely hot it feels like my skin is burning it makes me feel tired I hate wearing summer clothes I don't like exposing my skin even my arms, the environment feels/looks polluted everywhere smells like decaying garbage

I just like cold weather it feels refreshing and makes me feel awake well it just feels really good i really want to experience extreme winters you Canadians would call this a regular winter here in the country I live the winters are really crappy and rarely gets snow and i would be lucky if the temperature goes below 0.C/273.K during the day.

Am i the only one that prefers cold weather and hates hot weather

Dude where I live it's 45c to 47c in the summer

I lol'd. :lol:

Well, aren't you arrogant. It's no wonder Americans don't like you people.

I do find some imperial measurements easier for certain things (like display sizes, tire sizes etc.), so I don't completely despise imperial system.

But... As quite literally the rest of the world is using the same measurements, couldn't you like... start slowly adopting them alongside Imperial? Heck, Brits are officially using metric, yet quite a bit of stuff still gets measured in imperial.

I'm just stating my opinion here, nothing more.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I have no idea and it's so hot today, just horrible.

It's now 9pm and the temperature is 31°C/87.8°F

When it is above 20.C/293.15.K

It was 35° today, and it's just the beginning of June  :(

The A/C is broken,  at least I have one of those mobile air conditioner somewhere in the garage, but it's not like the "wall" one, with the engine outside the house  :(.

I got myself a 24 inch steel blade house fan that has a pretty beefy motor. Granted it's not enough on really hot days (over 40c) but it is quite cheaper than AC. Other than that act as if it was a pretty bad snow or rain storm: leave the house as little as possible and only when necessary, program your outside time on the early morning or after dark. Drinks lots of cold water, plain otherwise you'll get sick of the taste before it has enough of an effect.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Lol why are you using Kelvin

To be edgy

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I actually drink a lot of warm fluids, stay hydrated and soak up the sun.. gotta have my daily dose of vitamin d!

i7 4790K - MSI XPower Z97 AC - 32GB DDR3-2400 Avexir Sabranco - ASUS Strix GTX 980 SLI - ASUS Xonar Essence - Phanteks Enthoo Primo - RoG Swift + Samsung 28" 4k UHD - Logitech Z906 5.1 - Custom Water Cooling Loop

Mobile: Samsung S8 Plus | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M50X / ASUS Strix Pro | Laptop: Alienware 17 R2

Man I can't wait for it to hit 50+C again like last year. I bet I'll get to be moving shit for eight hours outside again too.  :rolleyes:

I actually drink a lot of warm fluids, stay hydrated and soak up the sun.. gotta have my daily dose of vitamin d!

Why warm drinks? During summer I only drink cold stuff.

Man I can't wait for it to hit 50+C again like last year.

Do you live in a desert?

They can stand hot weather because they're insane and or evil. If I was Mr. Burns rich, I would create a giant solar shield in space, capable of blocking out most of the sun.

I would live in the antarctic if I could. So much easier to just put on warm clothes and not be cold, as opposed to.....really there's nothing you can do about being hot other than having great AC, even then it takes forever to cool off.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Why warm drinks? During summer I only drink cold stuff.

I went to the UK during the summer one time and I noticed a lot of people drinking warm tea on a hot day. I asked a couple at a cafe I was at and they said that it allows your body to activate cooling mechanisms - thus making you feel "cooler." I tried it and anecdotally, I feel that it works. 

i7 4790K - MSI XPower Z97 AC - 32GB DDR3-2400 Avexir Sabranco - ASUS Strix GTX 980 SLI - ASUS Xonar Essence - Phanteks Enthoo Primo - RoG Swift + Samsung 28" 4k UHD - Logitech Z906 5.1 - Custom Water Cooling Loop

Mobile: Samsung S8 Plus | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M50X / ASUS Strix Pro | Laptop: Alienware 17 R2

Hmm. Not sure..

-snip

That looks like hell on earth to me. not counting the obvious great opportunity to sight in my rifle.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

That looks like hell on earth to me. not counting the obvious great opportunity to sight in my rifle.

There's a range down on Montana that's just open desert to shoot in to the side of the mountains from quite a ways away, you'd like it.