Asus Z170 motherboards (update: round up)

So definitely no Z170 ROG ITX board (Impact line)? :(

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

No Formula? I'll be going with Sabertooth then

Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX | Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z270i | CPU Intel i7-7700K | RAM Team Vulcan 16GB DDR4 | GPU Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | Storage Crucial MX300 1TB M.2 | PSU Corsair RM750x

I really like the Hero motherboard. Makes me kinda regret that I got Z97 on black friday (however it was a needed upgrade from a dual core laptop). 

I hope the next time I will upgrade, the motherboards will look just as cool.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

Soon it is expected the official announcement of processors Intel Skylake, and with it we will see motherboards for Socket LGA1151 and leading chipset Intel Z170. It is quite logical to see the new generation of motherboards ASUS ROG Maximus, which will be composed of models ROG Maximus VIII Extreme, Maximus VIII Hero, Maximus VIII Gene and Maximus VIII Ranger.

ASUS_ROG_Maximus_VIII_Extre.jpg

On top of course stands Maximus VIII Extreme, which will offer the best of which from ASUS are able to now. There will be 12 "phase" power to the CPU, high-end power components, a new color scheme and design of the cooler chipset and VRM, and several unknown at the time innovations. Hero model will be similar to Extreme, but with 10 "phase" supply and "only" three slot PCIe x16.

ASUS_ROG_Maximus_VIII_Gene.jpg

Ranger model is looking a little more budget-oriented on the above-mentioned two top models, while Gene is the micro-ATX offspring family. In the next few days expect more information on the four new representative of the ASUS ROG Maximus.

Gigabyte Aorus pro z390 :Intel Core I5 9600K RAM:Kingston HyperX 16 GB: Asus gtx 1070 Ti AE : WD Black SN 750 ,500 GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Kingston Fury HyperX 120 GB, Hitach 500 GB : Corsair RM750x :Colorful Raynor G1 AOC C24G1  Razer Kraken TE Bassilisk Ultimate ,Ornada Chroma

swig swag, ROG in my bag!

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Very pretty.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

Source?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

i don't know about you , but i really don't dig the color scheme, but i don't want to see dark black & red again as well , :/

Details separate people.

i don't know about you , but i really don't dig the color scheme, but i don't want to see dark black & red again as well , :/

that sounds like taylor swift

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

that looks so so much better then all other ROG boards s in the current lineups

Mmmm, prominent black and silver with subtle red accents. Schmexeh. Definitely better than the plain ol' black and red stuff we had for the past couple of years of "gaming" mobos.

Click here to claim your free Linus plushie.

Mmmm, prominent black and silver with subtle red accents. Schmexeh. Definitely better than the plain ol' black and red stuff we had for the past couple of years of "gaming" mobos.

I prefer the Black and red, it's simpler than the grey. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Give me z77 sabertooth design again please, all black with silver logo, it's all I want... Please asus

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Source v is from wccf

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Extreme has the most features along with a plx chip. And it even has a u.2 (mini-sas) connector for nvme drives. But that squash looking sb heatsink, look so out of place.

Compare to the hero,both sb heatsink starts out at the same position, but the one on hero looks much nicer and it's bigger so it dissipates more heat. They could have make the m.2 connector vertical our place it some where else.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

The extreme from Asus or the Extreme 9 from ASrock.  Either one is going in to my next rig.

I kind of like that.

Now if only I wasn't poor

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

They're kinda ugly... I WANT BLUE MOTHERBOARDS!