Asus Z170 motherboards (update: round up)

AR probably doesn't stand for alpine ridge. There was a Z97 AR, it was just a lower end business oriented board.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

You want the cards to be spaced closer, so there is less airflow between them, so you have to put a loud fan in to cool them of?

I want them to be spaced closer so they'll fit in a space conservative case. And cooling is not a problem.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Underwhelming as hell, that m-ATX board looks cheap and has way too little outputs. But you need VGA? GTFO, Asus. Asrock's got my money this time.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Underwhelming as hell, that m-ATX board looks cheap and has way too little outputs. But you need VGA? GTFO, Asus. Asrock's got my money this time.

hoping the asrock itx is available at launch. 

According to a press statement from Asus about Z170 motherboards, it seems Z170-PRO is not cancelled, and Z170-Premium is coming!! It has been a long time since Asus made a Premium-Grade motherboard, and I'm looking forward to see this Premium-Grade board... (Although it would very expensive...)

Unparalleled connectivity: first 100W UPD front panel & onboard U.2 connector for Z170 platform

The new Z170 Series motherboards feature onboard USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A and Type-C ports to provide users with data transfer speeds of up to 10Gbit/s. On top of that, ASUS also offers the first 100W UPD front panel with two USB 3.1 Type-C ports. The upcoming Maximus VIII Extreme will be the first Z170 motherboard to feature an onboard U.2 connector along with Thunderbolt 3 support. Future models, such as the Z170-Premium and Z170-Pro motherboards, will feature Thunderbolt 3 and Intel USB 3.1 support respectively. The entire Z170 motherboard range supports the latest PCI Express® and M.2 NVM Express SSDs to deliver 32Gbit/s data transfer speeds.

https://rog.asus.com/434142015/labels/product-news/press-release-asus-announces-z170-series-motherboards/

I'm not a big fan of the move towards larger and larger IO shroud covers. I much prefer the sleek looks of a Asus X99 WS board over this. Of course it's twice the price but even the Rampage V looks ridiculous.

EDIT: Actually the V doesn't look as bad as that sabertooth but its definitely fatter than the x79 black edition.

Man that Gene board looks so sweet. Really wanna pick up on for a node 804 build. Really glad they toned down the red

I've got an NCASE M1 sitting in it's box, but I have nothing to put in it. I'd like to get an Intel 750 series ssd and the only mitx mobo that would fit the m.2 adapter thingy is the Impact, as it has the m.2 slot on the front instead of the back like most other mitx boards. I'm not even sure if all z170 boards have pcie 3.0 m.2 slots.

It saddens me to not see any signs of the Maximus VIII Impact.