Scrapyard Wars Posted on youtube! Please report it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hJ6XefDqkc

Looks like someone decided to record the video off of Vessel and put it on youtube, please take some action on this Linus, Luke etc!

Edit:I've already watched the video on Vessel when it was released as i got the 1 year free Vessel subscription when they had it for a day :P

Edit 2: Clearing the up the copyright thing by Colonel_mortis

NeatSquidYT, on 31 May 2015 - 4:41 PM, said:snapback.png

Technically, it's not copyrighted material.

It is copyrighted material, and they have legal grounds to submit a DMCA takedown notice on the video if required (though YouTube should be able to remove it without any issues). Just because it hasn't been uploaded to YouTube, that doesn't mean that it isn't covered under copyright law, which says (in most countries including the US and Canada, as well as the UK) that content is automatically copyrighted by the content author, even if they don't explicitly state as such in the content. As per the Vessel ToS (section 9):

The Vessel Terms of Service said

The content on the Vessel Services, including without limitation, video, text, photos and graphics, is protected under United States and international copyright laws, is subject to other intellectual property and proprietary rights and laws, and is owned by Vessel or its licensors. Other than with respect to Your Content: (a) this content may not be copied, modified, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, sold, offered for sale, or redistributed in any way without the prior written permission of Vessel and/or its applicable licensors; and ( B) you must abide by all copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in or attached to any of this content.

Please report the video guys, seems like the best solution to me

@nicklmg @LinusTech

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Report him peeps...

Leave a comment too..

"WAY TO RIP INTO LINUS's YT ADVERT MONEYS"

"Get your own material"

"Fuck over someone you enjoy, real nice"

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Please report the video guys, seems like the best solution to me

@nicklmg @LinusTech

@Slick :)

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

well that was inevitable, unfortunately, since the video is not yet uploaded on youtube by LTT, Fullscreen, Inc. can't claim it as a Copyright, can they ? 

Edit : but LTT can to protect their product, but how do you file a complaint when you don't have it on your channel that someone stole your video from a  different video hosting platform ? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

well that was inevitable, unfortunately, since the video is not yet uploaded on youtube by LTT, they cant claim it as a Copyright, can they ? 

I wouldn't be surprised if we gonna se this happening more often, because lot of people don't care about Vessel but want to see new videos. And of course it's gonna be hard to fight if more people start doing this. 

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

And that is the only video he has on his channel. And no other activity.

Like the account was created to post that video.

Weird.

Yes but it is their content, that they made so surely they should be able to take it down, at least I hope they'll be able to.

LTT can prove ownership of the video though, and the uploader does not have the right to upload it (in YouTube terms).

Yes but it is their content, that they made so surely they should be able to take it down, at least I hope they'll be able to.

I don't think they can. I could be wrong.

And that is the only video he has on his channel. And no other activity.

Like the account was created to post that video.

Weird.

Edit: misunderstood what u said sorry xD

well that was inevitable, unfortunately, since the video is not yet uploaded on youtube by LTT, Fullscreen, Inc. can't claim it as a Copyright, can they ? 

Edit : but LTT can to protect their product, but how do you file a complaint when you don't have it on your channel that someone stole your video? 

I swear, YouTube used to have an option for reporting videos that are stolen.

They now don't have that anymore..

I am not sure if LTT has a copyright on this video, but it is obviously stolen.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I've always thought this was a slippery subject.

If I put a video online for anyone to watch...I think I have given up the rights of ownership.

If it a pay per view video...that's very different. But if it's free,I don't see where it matters who is hosting it.

I understand monetized videos and click-backs...but.........tough call.

jacksparrowsdinghy.jpg

post-21562-0-37190300-1433087296.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Just because they haven't posted it to youtube doesn't mean they don't hold a copyright on the material. That's like saying if a studio hasn't released a blue ray but have released a dvd, then I can copy the movie onto a blue ray and sell it.

They have already posted this in one form. They own the copyright and should have no problems removing it.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

Just because they haven't posted it to youtube doesn't mean they don't hold a copyright on the material. That's like saying if a studio hasn't released a blue ray but have released a dvd, then I can copy the movie onto a blue ray and sell it.

They have already posted this in one form. They own the copyright and should have no problems removing it.

You don't know how copyright works. Fantastic.

That's not even close to how copyrighting works.

-snip-

I'm curious.... How did you find this on YouTube? What made you search for it?

Seems a bit fishy to me....

Either Way

Legal or not

Such A Dick move