Scrapyard Wars Episode 2 - The Scrappening

love the scrap yard stuff, very entertaining. But kinda missed the reaction to eachothers builds. we never saw Luke look at Linus' build and vice versa.

Yeah, that was a huge let down, it was the part I was waiting for.

+3 on the reaction to eachothers builds

But I really liked part e and looking at the builds and presentation. Best part of scrapyard wars 2. Very entertaining Thank you!

The conclusion better be fapping material!

It is. The numbers were very close. The guy that I was banking on got a much-deserved win. I won't say the name as some people may not be on Vessel.

I would LOVE to see the performance of Linus's custom block with a proper pump/rad!

Even though it's not important this time, I'd like to see some numbers, benchmarks and OC ones.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Lol, I thought the max for Edzel was 20 mins, and here we are with 21 minutes of goodness. I actually wouldn't have minded this also in 2 parts. 1 full part for finishing the builds and 1 full part for the jury. Since now the jury bit felt a bit cramped, and I very much missed Lukes reaction to linus' build and visa versa. But I understand that they have to finish the series at some point...

And as stated before, seeing the preformance of Linus' custom block would be interesting, it certainly looked very proffesionally (ish) done. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

If you guys are planning to do more you should probably invest in a decent drill press

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Somebody uploaded the finale on dailymotion...

CPU: AMD FX 6300 4.6 GHZ 1.392vCore ||||| Cooler: Hyper 212 evo ||||| MOBO: Gigabyte 990XA UD3 REV 3.0 ||||| RAM: Kingston Hyperx Fury (Single channel) 1866 8GB CL10 ||||| GPU: Sapphire HD 7770 1GB ||||| PSU: CoolerMaster G550m 80+ Bronze ||||| SSD: Kingston SSDnow v300 ||||| HDDs: 2x 250gb 1x Wedstern Digital 320gb |||| Case: CoolerMaster Silencio 650 Black Pure Midnight

Somebody uploaded the finale on dailymotion...

Yep, they do that.

the build that linus has done inspired me to do a passive build as well :D imo the winner, too..

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

Sorry LTT group, but the final episode was a bit underwhelming. Would have been nice to see the scoring broken down and Linus and Luke's reaction to each others builds.

Yep, first series was much better.

I think they should be allowed to buy used or new WC gear. This way way ghetto and took waaay more time + 1 more episode.

And then meh ending... not cool

The selfmade WC gear is IMHO much more interesting than just buying used stuff. I'd be interested in a review of the selfmade parts to see how good they are compared to regular WC gear.

Sorry LTT group, but the final episode was a bit underwhelming. Would have been nice to see the scoring broken down and Linus and Luke's reaction to each others builds.

Agreed. This ended far too pre-maturely.

Was really hoping to hear @Slick's snarky comments about Linus's build.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Agreed.

You guys cut it up to much. I wanted more of the reactions and there seems to be too much production value going into these, well more than I would have expected. Next time can you just have 3 30min parts? With more reactions, jokes, details. 

I really enjoyed the series, thanks for all your time and effort. But... it felt too rushed. 

Creator Of That Awkward Silence

The selfmade WC gear is IMHO much more interesting than just buying used stuff. I'd be interested in a review of the selfmade parts to see how good they are compared to regular WC gear.

this would make last episode, even if it was half an hour long, +9000 better

People are uploading this to dailymotion. Doesn't this negatively impact the Vessel move thing? removed

It does. But some people simply can't afford Vessel.

Yeah in hindsight they should have allowed the episode to extend another 10 minutes or so. Either that, or do a follow up after thoughts episode. Regardless, the feedback about the ending from the fans has been pretty clear, so as always they can take that on board for next time. Fun series though, good job guys.

Starting out with the exact same mobo, cpu, ram and gpu on both sides would have been better. Especially since the rig performance didnt matter.

Then temps could be directly compared at the end and even weigh more on the points.