Scrapyard Wars Episode 2 - The Scrappening

It does. But some people simply can't afford Vessel.

The problem is that it doesn't make sense that they're uploading it into other sites... LMG uploads it on YT too...

This is a signature.

Linus needs to give John more credit! And we need to see the builds better. Luke's build looked really interesting and was basically glossed over.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

Was it a coincidence that I said, "I want the D!!!" and then this happened? Or am I not that special? :(

Linus2

CPU: i5-4690K | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury

DDR3-1866 4x4GB | Boot: Samsung 860 Evo 250GB | Storage: Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB | GPU: Asus GTX 970 Strix 2xSLI | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Case: Antec Nine Hundred

It does. But some people simply can't afford Vessel.

Some people cant afford waiting 1 week lol.

Next Scrapyard Wars -- $300 Best server build. Rules and scoring could go capacity, network speeds, drive(s) performance, overall build. AAAND software choices!

Let me know if this sounds like fun! I'd love to see what you guys would end up with. :)

Is it money losing because of the money spent in the competition, because of the editing time , or something else?

Don't read if haven't watched conclusion.

Found the conclusion episode extremely weak, felt very anti-climatic, no b-roll shots of the PC's not in dept analysis of the machines, would like to have seen how each other reacted to each others machines for the first time ect. overall very poor finale. both bought Graphics cards but we didn't see how they were performing either. felt Linus's score was awfully high in comparison despite his neighbor doing most of the CPU block work, Luke got very little external help and only beat him by 7-8 points.

Room for improvement with these episodes boys.

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

Next job: each of you gets a sata and records 1tb RAW video footage in ultra hd. Get hardware and get it transcoded and uploaded to youtube with a 10mb line as fast as possible. first guy with 1000 likes wins.

I'd love to see some FLIR "shots" (videos also) of Linus's build... inside the case and of the coils working!

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

agreed. They could have made an entire episode on the judging and analysis alone. Getting to see some gaming benchmarks although it wasn't a requirement would have been nice too.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

How about 450$ or 600$ Custom built laptop build or AIO for the next one :D?

Though forgive me if nooby but what systems are linus and luke using, i think linus is using a 920 or 930 i7? with a 5770 or something.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

Next Scrapyard Wars -- $300 Best server build. Rules and scoring could go capacity, network speeds, drive(s) performance, overall build. AAAND software choices!

Let me know if this sounds like fun! I'd love to see what you guys would end up with. :)

holy balls this sounds awesome!  they should do this!

Ngl ending was awful. No b-roll of PCs, no score breakdown, no reasoning from judges as to why one was better then the other... felt really rushed and of poor effort when the rest of the series was going so well.

"Rawr XD"

Linus

just

why

just... okay. I give up at life

Found the conclusion episode extremely weak, felt very anti-climatic, no b-roll shots of the PC's not in dept analysis of the machines, would like to have seen how each other reacted to each others machines for the first time ect. overall very poor finale. both bought Graphics cards but we didn't see how they were performing either. felt Linus's score was awfully high in comparison despite his neighbor doing most of the CPU block work, Luke got very little external help and only beat him by 7-8 points.

Room for improvement with these episodes boys.

Yeah, I agree. They should have explained how they scored them atleast

Canadian Top Gear fan, tech lover and cyclist :P  Build: A10 7870k-Gigabyte FM2A68HM-HD2- G.Skill 2133Mhz 2x4gb- Cooler Master Elite 335-Antec Earthwatts 500w 80+ Bronze

#RIPTopGear :(

that was really fun

i really hope you guys do some more challenges like this

Can someone list the specs for the systems?

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K, GPU: MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G, Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX, SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 24GB 1600, Mobo: MSI Z97A GAMING 6, HDD: WD Green 3TB, PSU: Corsair RM650

HP ENVY dv7-7200, CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM, GPU: GeForce GT 650M, HDD: Toshiba 500GB 7200rpm, RAM: Generic 16GB DDR3-1600

Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13" Early 2015, CPU: Intel Core i5-5257U, GPU: Integrated Iris Graphics 6100, SSD: 256gb PCIe Apple SSD, RAM: Onboard 8gb DDR3-1866

I personally liked Linus' build more.

Luke's was cleaner (in comparison) and likely more functional in the long run, but Linus' was just so god damned ghetto.