Scrapyard Wars Episode 2 - The Scrappening

I also felt the ending was very rushed. In the end it was really no point in having any budget limitations for the actual PC components; we didn't get to see them.

Also, did Linus even have a radiator? Or did that big copper roll do all the heat dissipation?

I also felt the ending was very rushed. In the end it was really no point in having any budget limitations for the actual PC components; we didn't get to see them.

Also, did Linus even have a radiator? Or did that big copper roll do all the heat dissipation?

Yeah, I felt like they edited for time and episode numbers rather than content. Any chance we'll be able to see re-cut version of the ending? After all, LTT should actually have the footage available now, rather than having to hunt down loose HDDs with masking tape labels  :P

Also, the point of the big coil was for the heat dissipation.

Moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Please more. Don't leave me waitin'.

Best show ever. Could be a TV series.

Sorry guys, it was a great series, but a really abrupt and sucky ending. I'm really surprised the editors didn't work everything out before beginning to edit because that weird combination of the finale and part whatever as the last part was, well... weird and it made it obvious that the editors didn't work it out properly. As a result of this weird combination, I'm guessing you ran out of time and made the finale short and crappy with no breakdown or anything. I know you guys can do better.

This thing was way too rushed and I'm a Vessel user

Linus's watercooling setup was better, (except for the heater core that Luke used), but because of the extra help and the fact that Linus went so far over time,...

Luke had to win.

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

In my eyes the conclusion came a little bit short. I would have loved to see a part f, in which you go a little bit more into detail about how the systems were rated. Maybe for the next episode of SW.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

That ending was pretty bad imo. I think you guys should have used a similar judging method to the first sw by running benchmarks and games and see who's computer would run the coolest. Also I think that 3 longer videos would have been better then having 5 short ones. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

I agree series has been great up till then and it just got cut straight off. Didn't get any breakdown of points, didn't see any benchmarks, didn't even see the pc monitors! Nothing.

Very disappointed don't see why they couldn't have made it any longer or at least have a conclusion video instead of completely rushing it, a proper show would never give an explanation of the different point categories then not give any breakdown whatsoever.

Gaming Rig:CPU: Xeon E3-1230 v2¦RAM: 16GB DDR3 Balistix 1600Mhz¦MB: MSI Z77A-G43¦HDD: 480GB SSD, 3.5TB HDDs¦GPU: AMD Radeon VII¦PSU: FSP 700W¦Case: Carbide 300R

Bro how do you have the same avatar as me

Nice! I've been using it for years. I guess because it's awesome. 

I am in agreement with many of the other comments on here. The last episode REALLY needed a proper breakdown of the scores, along with some relatively long-duration torture tests, and in my personal opinion perhaps some proper B-roll of the finished systems. Great series let down by a rushed ending. 

I think these scrapyard wars challenges are a great idea, and I hope you continue to do more of them with the same format (adding in a challenge like custom water cooling in there). Maybe next time though you may want to consider giving competitors the same amount of money, but provide them with basic parts like Cases and Power supplies.

Looks like Linus got rekt.

#LukeLeakage

CPU: i5 4670k | Motherboard: MSI B85I | Stock cooler | RAM: 8gb DDR3 RAM 1600mhz | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Superclocked w/ACX cooling | Storage: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/ Window

At 85[insert degrees symbol here]C under load, there's no doubt the copper coil is the radiator. He should set it horizontally and put a nice sheet of copper on top so I can fry an egg on it B)  #linuscookingtips #nocookerneeded

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

Moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Please more. Don't leave me waitin'.

Best show ever. Could be a TV series.

When it popped up on the homepage sidebar I legit got some food ready and enjoyed those 21 minutes of linus quaity on my Smart TV

Speedtests

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

CPU             i5-4430S

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

Quotes of Fame

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

It does. But some people simply can't afford Vessel.

Yep, they do that.

I see them on there and patiently wait to watch them on YouTube. When is Linus going to deal with them? Shouldn't be more than an email/phonecall and some verification?

Speedtests

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

CPU             i5-4430S

Spoiler

Type            Server

Quotes of Fame

I see them on there and patiently wait to watch them on YouTube. When is Linus going to deal with them? Shouldn't be more than an email/phonecall and some verification?

Yes, some people are very patient and some are not, some may not even know about it.

@Linus You may already know it, but someone re-uploaded part 2f on YouTube. Here is a link to his channel:

www.youtube.com/channel/UC9wo5pHJS8aiAeJJSyXUKdA/feed

and to the video itself:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRWlheNKz8k

Hope you can get him down.

For people asking for more in depth looks or at least conversation about the rigs, maybe if you asked Linus and Luke on the WAN Show, maybe they would discuss them further.  

You went to Home Depot to look at water supplies, and you didn't pick up a funnel?

You went to Home Depot to look at water supplies, and you didn't pick up a funnel?

It's all about maximizing your budget!  :)  $0.50 could be the difference in having enough fittings or being one short.

Why would linus have 100% silicone in his bathroom drawer?!

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

I'm sure they already have an idea in the works for the next scrapyard wars, but I think that is would be cool to see like a retro challenge where you can't use anything from after 2007 or something like that.