OnePlus Is Super-Upset That Verizon Hijacked #NeverSettle, Wants You To Complain Loudly On Twitter For Some Reason

b7HcSrk.jpg

Is a new twitter cat fight brewing? I hope so. Because OnePlus and social media relations are not what you'd call...refined, as evidenced by their prior cockups with using social media marketing. I just find it amusing that this is what they have time for. Not pretending to fix touchscreen issues with a software update (lol) or hyping up their products for no real reason - but this. 

Come on OnePlus. Verizon can look bad on their own, focus on making good phones and what not. Its just a terrible slogan, its not like it ever made sense for you when your product required people to settle anyways... 

For the uninitiated, OnePlus started using the #NeverSettle slogan before the One was even announced in 2014. That ended up being particularly odd as the One definitely forces you to settle in several places—but that's not the point. The point is clearly that it was really lame of a big company like Verizon to hijack a slogan invented by a tiny independent company of "tech dreamers" (that happens to be backed by one of China's largest smartphone OEMs).

So OnePlus' solution to the hashtag hijacking is for people to tweet about it. Because, you know, Verizon has been so responsive to complaints in the past, it'll definitely listen to angry tweets from randos on the internet. If you ask me, you don't need to spend your time helping companies fight over a hashtag.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/05/28/oneplus-is-super-upset-that-verizon-hijacked-neversettle-wants-you-to-complain-loudly-on-twitter-for-some-reason/

Good Reason to switch to Time Warner Cable today

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

*shrugs* they'll get over it.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

But they can never settle. 

Lmao, well too bad. xD

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

OH NO, somebody "stole" their unoriginal marketing bullshit. What a bunch of idiots

I wonder that they didn't go to Tumblr. "So much opression everywhere"

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

Grow up, you little babies. All is fair in... well... war and war.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Literally every company ever is using the #neversettle hashtag.

I thought it was just Verizon at first too, but Sprint, Charter Communications, everyone is using it.

It's a "hashtag", grow a pair of balls, stupid whining companies. Personally I think they're both incompetent, at marketing and solving issues, sothey really shouldn't be wasting their time having an argument when I quite clearly came up with that hashtag.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

187.gif

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

Hey OnePlus AMD has used that slogan too, and about 20 other companies. It's not unique.

I'd love to see AMD chime in here... Go to hell OnePlus.

Well that escalated quickly. 

Hmm dosent AMD have a never settle thing?

EDIT:

Yup, they do. Go to hell 1+1. AMD came before u

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

OnePlus is such an interesting business... Weird things come from OnePlus

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

@CoolaxGaming

Tiers.jpgAMD-Never-Settle-Forever.png2H13_Never_Settle_Forever_Bundle_FINAL_P

Like other people have said

Companies need to stop acting like kids, AMD has been doing this before 1+ and Verizon.

YeaH, for some reason +1 wanted to bitch about something lol

YeaH, for some reason +1 wanted to bitch about something lol

They need their slogan back so they can start marketing the one plus two.

Why is OPO still around. So many cheap Android phones now they're hardly revolutionary on any front.

Hmm dosent AMD have a never settle thing?

EDIT:

Yup, they do. Go to hell 1+1. AMD came before u

The company is named OnePlus. The phone is named One. You just told a phone to go hell.

The company is named OnePlus. The phone is named One. You just told a phone to go hell.

What's the difference :D

One plus one is run by preteens

And they hired a four-year-old to thing of the One Plus One name

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines