First picture of the R9 390X is here!

ChrisxIxCross

it says "an impessive gpu. but then says we will put them to good use. This suggests dual gpu

I think they recieve more than one card.

If you mean dual GPU on a single card which is not since it is too small to accomodate two GPUs + the other stuff such as waterblocks.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

it says "an impessive gpu. but then says we will put them to good use. This suggests dual gpu

it suggests they got several not just one...

Love the design, hope the performance is similarly good if not better.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

OOOOOOHHHHH FUCK YEAH BUD! At last, been waiting so long for this!

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

that backfrontplate doe... 

The card is laying on it's back in the picture.

The card is laying on it's back in the picture.

Good catch.  Still, looks really interesting.

Dat sexy... front plate?

Honestly, the shroud looked remarkably unappealing as it is; it looks like a stainless steel oven IMO.

At the camera angle this is presented, as I said, it looks more like a cheap toyline that was "da thing" in 1992.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Is that a shock resistant pad on the front?

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

It's... small?

Is that the back end of the card? It looks like it's half de size of a 290x oO

If it's the 390X, the HBM is one the die which allows the card to be cut down, because there is no need for memory around the chip. 

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

Computex can't come soon enough. I'm interested to see the how it sizes up the supposed 980 Ti

This small one is most likely the water cooler version, where the fan is on the rad. I wonder if the air cooler version will still be this small or be standard length. For this WC version, that means,  you'll have to find a spot to mount the rad, most likely on the rear fan exhaust. Mid-tower already with a Corsair H100i, add two of these and you're case is crowded with tubes.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I do have to wonder how they get airflow for the VRMs though. It's neat that you can cool both the VRAM and GPU with a single block, but overheating VRMs are a thing, not least on watercooled cards.

I do have to wonder how they get airflow for the VRMs though. It's neat that you can cool both the VRAM and GPU with a single block, but overheating VRMs are a thing, not least on watercooled cards.

Well my guess is this... Since the new hbm vram seems to be right next to the gpu die, they may have been watercooled along with the gpu...

EDIT!: damn it I've read the post wrongly. It's 2am in the morning. I should go to bed now.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Well my guess is this... Since the new hbm vram seems to be right next to the gpu die, they may have been watercooled along with the gpu...

What? I'm talking about the VRMs, not the VRAM. Voltage Regulator Modules. As I said, it's neat that you can watercool the VRAM and GPU with a single block, but you still have to cool the VRMs. They're still going to be sitting out on the PCB on their own.

What? I'm talking about the VRMs, not the VRAM. Voltage Regulator Modules. As I said, it's neat that you can watercool the VRAM and GPU with a single block, but you still have to cool the VRMs. They're still going to be sitting out on the PCB on their own.

Yea I've seen that, read my edit. I'm also wondering how the VRMs will be cooled though...

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Indeed. One can only assume, that the water cooler also coveres the VRM's. But keep in mind, that since the HBM is connected via an interposer and the GPU, as well as using less power, you don't need as many VRM's, so cooling should be easier as well.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I'm curious if there is going to be a Fiji Pro as well, slightly cut down and cheaper, but still in line with the performance of the cut down 980ti. Yields of the Fiji XT can't be perfect, and AMD aren't going to toss imperfect chips into the garbage.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I'm curious if there is going to be a Fiji Pro as well, slightly cut down and cheaper, but still in line with the performance of the cut down 980ti. Yields of the Fiji XT can't be perfect, and AMD aren't going to toss imperfect chips into the garbage.

I'd find it wonderful if AMD Focused primarily on developing on a single card from here on out, and just pushing for that and all the 'imperfect' yield chips being the variety of cut-downs.  So, they can have their flagship XT, and then Pro, 390x, 390, 380x, 380, and then everything below rebrands of the last generation, while the 385 or well, x85 chips can be test runs of the -next- generation.  That'd be pretty nice, the 'perfect' chips being the XT, and then the Pro being slightly cut-down, and then the 90 and 80 chips being a bit more cut down while the 85 chips are test runs of the next gen, so they'll release later on, and the 70 and lower will just be rebrands.  I like it.  Works in my mind.

I'd find it wonderful if AMD Focused primarily on developing on a single card from here on out, and just pushing for that and all the 'imperfect' yield chips being the variety of cut-downs.  So, they can have their flagship XT, and then Pro, 390x, 390, 380x, 380, and then everything below rebrands of the last generation, while the 385 or well, x85 chips can be test runs of the -next- generation.  That'd be pretty nice, the 'perfect' chips being the XT, and then the Pro being slightly cut-down, and then the 90 and 80 chips being a bit more cut down while the 85 chips are test runs of the next gen, so they'll release later on, and the 70 and lower will just be rebrands.  I like it.  Works in my mind.

That would be interesting. The Pro chips are usually 90% of the XT chips for core count. The heat transfer on a large die with more than 10% of the cores disabled might be pretty good, although I'm not an engineer and don't know how bad a chip like that would leak or malfunction, or whether its even possible. I don't know whether AMD take chips that are more than 10% defective and physically laser cut them into smaller dies for lower series cards that share the same architecture, or if they chuck bad chips directly into the garbage because they are unusable. Given the higher cost of making AMD chips vs Nvidia, I'm guessing AMD throw a lot of chips into the garbage.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

tbh looks better than any gpu from nvidia, all year

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Better be put to good use, so your next game runs great on AMD systems.