Do you prefer...

Just curious as to what people prefer :)

In a street car of course, not talking about off roading or anything...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

AWD is a must if your like me and you live in canada, and in the winter has to go through unplowed highways. with up to 10cm of snow and counting. half of the year. + ice

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

One wheel drive is motorcycles lol

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

AWD is soooooo nice (including in dry conditions, and even more so when it rains, and even more when it snows). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

One wheel drive is motorcycles lol

11.26.2010-Ryno-motorized-unicycle_w_500

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

That is tough

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Rear wheel drive. I genuinely miss it..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

AWD is the best, anywhere, period.  Handling is amazing, that's why.  I got an AWD car a few years back, and now my family has stolen it from me because they love it so much...

AWD because you get good traction in inclement weather, but RWD is just so fun, because it makes it such a tail happy car, kicking it's rear out.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

AWD because you get good traction in inclement weather, but RWD is just so fun, because it makes it such a tail happy car, kicking it's rear out.

lol yea RWD just for kicks and giggles.

RWD with a manual transmission, although my Z34 can heel toe for me.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

AWD. The people in my area don't know how to drive anyways, but it's worse when there's rain and snow. So everytime it does rain or snow, the same people who are speeding down the highway are driving like grandma, and I just LOL.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

RWD, clutch kick mid turn and get sideways! :P

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

RWD, clutch kick mid turn and get sideways! :P

^knows that fun driving is.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I have no idea if anyone actually prefers front-wheel drives instead of anything else. For normal driving it doesn't really matter, but I don't know. Never driven a car before...

*Looks at the price of a normal driver's licence, which is 2000€ here*

Maybe in near future would think of getting a light / power-restricted motorcycle...

*A light-motorcycle licence is 1100€, full motorcycle licence is even more*

Guess I'll be using public transportation for years to come...  Yes, I'm a cheapass

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Who voted for FWD? Seriously?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

It costs that much for a license? wtf!!!

Rural area with no competition for prices to get lower, and some other stuff relating to taxation and whatever else... I guess it would encourage people to use public transportation to reduce emissions... now only if bus tickets weren't ~6€ for just 20 kilometers to a single direction (express bus tickets add at the very least 3,30€ on top of that). Also no competition in pulic transportation... Yep. Travelling isn't cheap.  Your  WTF abbreviation could also be used to mean "Welcome to Finland" instead of "What the f***?" in this case.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Wow a tie between RWD and AWD...

This is more interesting than I thought :P

Spoiler

Who voted for FWD? Seriously?

What's wrong with front wheel? I don't get it. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

What's wrong with front wheel? I don't get it. 

There is nothing inherently wrong with FWD, but it lacks some of the advantages of AWD or FWD. 

FWD has some natural limitations on the amount of HP and torque that can be put to the ground, as well as the transmissions tend to not be as sturdy. These limitations are less pronounced with AWD or RWD.

The advantage that FWD does offer is that it is cheaper to manufacture, and therefore more common on normal commuter cars. 

Have you ever asked yourself why F1 cars, Touring Cars, and Endurance racing cars are almost exclusively RWD? Because the chassis are naturally more capable as you are more evenly spreading the work between the tires.

EDIT: My every day car is FWD, because it is adequate for it's intended use. AWD would be preferable but comes at a higher cost. RWD is more fun but not very practical in my region. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

There is nothing inherently wrong with FWD, but it lacks some of the advantages of AWD or FWD. 

FWD has some natural limitations on the amount of HP and torque that can be put to the ground, as well as the transmissions tend to not be as sturdy. These limitations are less pronounced with AWD or RWD.

The advantage that FWD does offer is that it is cheaper to manufacture, and therefore more common on normal commuter cars. 

Oh, I never knew that there was any differences other than the car is just powered by the front wheels. Aren't they better in snow than rear wheel drive? 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"