Visualization of CPU vs GPU...using Paintballs?

C_Mike

A really interesting video I've stumbled upon, where Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman of the Mythbusters, did a demonstration at Nvision '08.

Its a visualization of how GPUs use Parallel processing, and they used Painball Guns to demonstrate this.

I've seen it before :D

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

That's really cool.

Corsair 700D | ASUS Z97-A | Intel Core i7 4790K | Corsair H110 | EVGA GTX 980Ti SOC ACX | Patriot 1600LL - 4 x 4GB |

Crucial C300 128GB SSD | Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD | Western Digital Black 1TB | Corsair AX850 Pro Gold | ASUS Xonar DS |

WOW. good video

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

MythBusters !!! 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

I saw that. Pretty awesome. They have another good series about modern glass technology.

The one where they shatter the long drop of glass is freaking AWESOME in slow motion. (skip to about 4:19)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

A really interesting video I've stumbled upon, where Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman of the Mythbusters, did a demonstration at Nvision '08.

Its a visualization of how GPUs use Parallel processing, and they used Painball Guns to demonstrate this.

I'll watch it again without skipping the talking when I'm not at work but that is sweet, pretty sure there is no other word for it.

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

I saw that. Pretty awesome. They have another good series about modern glass technology.

-snip-

The one where they shatter the long drop of glass is freaking AWESOME in slow motion. (skip to about 4:19)

Yeah I've seen those videos, they were pretty good.

Also Here's an extra little article about the Duo's friendship. Very interesting read.

http://www.ibtimes.com/mythbusters-star-adam-savage-reveals-if-he-jamie-hyneman-are-friends-do-discovery-1763637

Yeah I've seen those videos, they were pretty good.

Also Here's an extra little article about the Duo's friendship. Very interesting read.

http://www.ibtimes.com/mythbusters-star-adam-savage-reveals-if-he-jamie-hyneman-are-friends-do-discovery-1763637

I've read a lot about that. I find it funny that Adam always says the same thing."we've never actually had a private dinner together".

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Classic video. I've seen it like 4 times already. Occasionally makes the rounds as it gets mini-surges of viralness.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

This is a really cool video. Go MythBusters!

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

I've read a lot about that. I find it funny that Adam always says the same thing."we've never actually had a private dinner together".

To add to this as well, one time on Tested(a tech website/channel that Adam is a part of) Adam on a podcast told the story of how Jammie originally gave him his first job in special effects but eventually Adam left to go work for ILM partly because he couldn't stand working with Jammie. He then backed this up with the usual they don't really like each other as friends but work well together and have respect for each other.