PayPal Accidentally Gives Mr. Chris Reynolds $92 Quadrillion

EChondo

http://articles.philly.com/2013-07-15/news/40592245_1_delco-man-credit-card-delaware-county-council

Delaware County resident Chris Reynolds received just such a shocking delivery from PayPal on Friday, when he opened his monthly statement from the online money-transfer company via email and saw that his ending balance was $92,233,720,368,547,800.

That's right folks! $92 QUADRILLION! I wonder how many Titans you can buy with that...

On a more serious note, why do we use PayPal again?

I'll take a Titan please. LOL

Parvum Systems S1.0, 3570K, H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB @ 1866, EVGA GTX 680 FTW+, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, WD Velociraptor 600GB HDD, Corsair AX850

He should give some to the us government so we wont have a shit ton of debt 

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Why didn't he spend it on a few yachts and then leave paypal with their mess?

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

2 ^ 63

This is the max value of a *signed* 64-bit number, however.

Edit: the value would be in pennies.  Divide by 100 and you get the number mentioned in the original post.

Why didn't he spend it on a few yachts and then leave paypal with their mess?

Because it's classed as fraud if he so much as spends a single cent,

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Because it's classed as fraud if he so much as spends a single cent,

I was of course being sarcastic but good point.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

He could totally buy an beast cpu with 2 7990s watercool them with an SR-2 ^.^ store away enough cash for his own personal 1Tbps fibre optic, change his name, get plastic surgery to change what he looks like , run away to some remote island; build an amazing tech house, put up a cloaking device over his island and live happily ever after XD

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I was of course being sarcastic but good point.

Ohh damnit, my sarcasm detector is on leave for the evening

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Well, I am kinda wishing this happened to me... Even though as far as I know there isn't that much money on the earth lol

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

so they can just get back in debt again? :/

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I can make my house out of TITANs with that lol..

Or even human organs

I wish I was him!

I can make my house out of TITANs with that lol..

Or even human organs

And are you ok??? LOL

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read hexadecimal and F the rest.

~Fletch

I love how on this forum we instantly jump to what system he could build with that money.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

2 ^ 63

This is the max value of a *signed* 64-bit number, however.

Edit: the value would be in pennies.  Divide by 100 and you get the number mentioned in the original post.

LOOOL so it's a CPU error classically presented, looks like PayPal like to overclock their CPUs & not add enough voltage.

I love how on this forum we instantly jump to what system he could build with that money.

At least we aren't talking about hookers and illegal drugs.

We are sensible! :D

but then they would blow it on hookers and booze :(

half the people currently enstated in our government are delusional idiots sadly, I wish people didn't have to be religious when it comes to their vote, and had an IQ higher than 10

but then they would blow it on hookers and booze :(

half the people currently enstated in our government are delusional idiots sadly, I wish people didn't have to be religious when it comes to their vote, and had an IQ higher than 10

But that's what makes this world so interesting :P

Murphy's Law: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"

I would buy so many hookers and illegal drugs

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

Bank errors happen all the time... And it gets people sent to jail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2149732/Joseph-Bucci-facing-14-years-jail-spending-70k-bank-account-mistake.html

http://www.nbc-2.com/global/story.asp?s=12227272

http://www.dailyedge.ie/man-gets-1-5m-in-atm-error-and-then-gambles-it-away-493616-Jun2012/

In cases such as there, the financial institution takes zero responsibility and the law will come down fast and hard. Remember, banks never make errors, it's always the customer that's stealing.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Bank errors happen all the time... And it gets people sent to jail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2149732/Joseph-Bucci-facing-14-years-jail-spending-70k-bank-account-mistake.html

http://www.nbc-2.com/global/story.asp?s=12227272

http://www.dailyedge.ie/man-gets-1-5m-in-atm-error-and-then-gambles-it-away-493616-Jun2012/

In cases such as there, the financial institution takes zero responsibility and the law will come down fast and hard. Remember, banks never make errors, it's always the customer that's stealing.

And this guy somehow got $92 quadrillion dollars.

I don't even think PayPal has the money accessible. I understand what you're saying, but this is clearly PayPal's fault.

And this guy somehow got $92 quadrillion dollars.

I don't even think PayPal has the money accessible. I understand what you're saying, but this is clearly PayPal's fault.

Of course it's paypals fault. Just like bank errors are mostly the banks fault. The problem is that the law doesn't see it that way. If you get a bank error according to TOS you sign and agree to, you are to stop using your account and immediately contact the support for further instructions. Any negligence with not contacting or accidentally spending will be seen as purposely stealing. You will be required to pay back every penny, face possibly jail time, and fees. 

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

If only that was me, I would have used that money to bring a country down to it's knees. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard