I hate my English class

Pony080905

There will be a TL;DR at the bottom

Before i start my rant, yes I know this is better post for Facebook or other social network but I don't care, this is the closest thing to a social network I use. And F-off with calling this a shit post. In my English class we are currently reading Romeo and Juliet, our teacher had us watch the first 25 minutes of a crap Romeo and Juliet movie and we started to watch the 20 minutes of the Leonardo dicaprio version, we watched 5 minutes of it and spent the next 15 having him lecture us about all the religious symbolisms. Then he had a student read a summary of the second act that was projecting on to the smart board, another student sat there and scrolled up and down while he saw trying to read it, the teacher told him to stop so he sat there and continue scroll. Everyone in my class is either special Ed or a douche, there are only 3 people it don't hate which includes me.

TL;DR the teachers a cunt, the students are cunts, and 6 people died because romeo couldn't control his dick

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

lel, school sucks in general

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

just dont bother with this kind of people. 

CPU:  i7 5820k  @4.0Ghz Cooler: Thermaltake Nic C5 Motherboard: MSI X99A SLI PLUS  Ram: 8 gb @2133Mhz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 @1560  Case: Proprietary Sun Ultra 24  Storage: HyperX 120gb & 1 TB WD Green PSU: Cooler Master 550w 

You get pc's and films lol

My english class is "I am = Je suis" , "He is = il est" etc

Also we have 10 class room "screens" for 1.5k students, and the tech dates from E/W germany ( earcups branded W germany lol )

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

Lol "I hate school 'cause I have to learn" isn't gonna get you anywhere man

There will always be arseholes everywhere....don't give a f about the idiots in class and hang out with the people you like

CPU - i5-8400 , Motherboard - ASROCK Z370 Killer SLI, RAM - 2x8 GB DDR4 2400mhz , GPU - EVGA GTX 950 SC, Case - SilentiumPC PAX M70 Pure Black V2 Storage - 240GB SanDisk SSD, 1TB WD Blue, PSU - bequite! 600w Pure Power 10, Display - Dell P2417H, Cooling - bequiet! Pure Rock, Keyboard - Viper V730, Mouse - natec Genesis G55, Sound - Philips MCD712, OS - Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

Before i start my rant, yes I know this is better post for Facebook or other social network but I don't care, this is the closest thing to a social network I use. And F-off with calling this a shit post.

Well at least your are aware of this from the outset.

It does sound like they don't really know how to teach the material with the given technology.

and 6 people died because romeo couldn't control his dick

You just made me burst out in laughter in the middle of class. Thanks :lol:

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

Lol "I hate school 'cause I have to learn" isn't gonna get you anywhere man

I don't hate school, I just hate the people in that class

“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

The teacher used to be a cociane addict before he was saved by religion, it explains a lot

English classes like that are pointless. The author just meant that the curtains were blue, not that it symbolized depression or some shit. In my 8th grade English class I failed the Romeo and Juliet test miserably. I convinced my teacher to let me re take it. I copied the study guide word for word into a notebook until I filled most of the notebook. I re took the test and got a 100%. I don't remember shit about that story other than the basic plot. 

RANT WARNING

In my college English 102 class we have to read these super boring essays that are supposed to teach us about structuring an keeping the reader involved. But they are super boring and nobody ever reads them. Then the teacher will turn around and assign a paper and say, "don't be bored while writing it because I'll be bored grading it. Then the tequila comes out." I have a 10 page paper about extracurricular activities due on Monday and I don't have shit done. If I could write about my experience with extracurricular activities rather than having to do research about how they help or hurt a student's education it would be so much easier. 

Core curriculum is generally shit. WTF do we need fine arts classes? There is a problem when your academic adviser describes music understanding as the most tolerable. High school should be core curriculum with room to take specific classes that are interesting and will help you figure out wtf you want to do with your life. College should be major specific. 

Sorry for my little rant, but I 100% agree with the OP about English classes. 

High school should be core curriculum with room to take specific classes that are interesting and will help you figure out wtf you want to do with your life. College should be major

My school has the ictc, it's optional and you go to the core classes in the morning and after lunch go to the ictc where I'm going for computer systems technology, it's a class just about computer hardware, networking, and operating systems

if your route goes the same as me then follow my advice.

hold out with high school, once you pass it everything is getting better

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

lol. dat TLDR doe

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

My school has the ictc, it's optional and you go to the core classes in the morning and after lunch go to the ictc where I'm going for computer systems technology, it's a class just about computer hardware, networking, and operating systems

Thats cool. My school had morning classes with the local community college. I emailed the robotics teacher and he said that it was to basic compared to what I was already doing. So I did co op instead and got out early to go to work. 

There will be a TL;DR at the bottom

Before i start my rant, yes I know this is better post for Facebook or other social network but I don't care, this is the closest thing to a social network I use. And F-off with calling this a shit post. In my English class we are currently reading Romeo and Juliet, our teacher had us watch the first 25 minutes of a crap Romeo and Juliet movie and we started to watch the 20 minutes of the Leonardo dicaprio version, we watched 5 minutes of it and spent the next 15 having him lecture us about all the religious symbolisms. Then he had a student read a summary of the second act that was projecting on to the smart board, another student sat there and scrolled up and down while he saw trying to read it, the teacher told him to stop so he sat there and continue scroll. Everyone in my class is either special Ed or a douche, there are only 3 people it don't hate which includes me.

TL;DR the teachers a cunt, the students ar doing all e cunts, and 6 people died because romeo couldn't control his dick

EXACTLY, i hat English doing all the R+J crap for nothing

As a matter of fact, English has put me off reading books for good, back to all day Titanfall sessions after the exams 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

The teacher used to be a cociane addict before he was saved by religion, it explains a lot

Romeo and Juliet is so depressing that i think THAT made him quit drugs lol 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro