You know you need to call tech support when

Bmjskater

You know when you need to call tech support when.....

You're not a tech enthusiast on LTT who is determined not to call tech support like the majority on this website

You're not a tech enthusiast on LTT who is determined not to call tech support like the majority on this website

Actually, I am

When my gfx card decided to be a camp fire ... Smoke was a Rollin that day ahha #rollcoal?

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

You know you need to call tech support when... you have a problem that was identified and answered in several e-mails from Tech support earlier that day (that you chose to deliberately delete or not read).

I swear half the users I support at my workplace are like this, nothing is more frustrating when the phone rings and I just re-send the email to them.

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

When you have 7 hours to call steve wilson and pull a big prank.

what tech support?

I am already the tech support guy at home and at work  <_<

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

You know when you need to call tech support when.....

When your ISP is blocking ports.

When the only way to reset a BIOS password is by using a file unqiue to each device.

When you have a dead laptop still under warranty

When your phone/tablet/any portable device dies.

When you receive something DOA

When a forum tells you to call tech support.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

When I don't have the right tool.

I'm too frustrated/exhausted.

I'm sick.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

What's Tech support? no seriously though has anyone here actually ever called tech support? Who would you even phone.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

When smoke starts coming out of the intake vents too.

AND the intake vents? Not even Digital storm could fix that (pew pew)

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

the issue is not within your means of fixing

aka isp issues.

otherwise never

Abigail: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.5GHz 1.170v / EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Classified  / ASRock Z97 Extreme6 / Corsair H110i GT / 4x4Gb G.Skill Ares 1866MHz @ CAS9 / Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb SSD / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM / NZXT H440 Blue / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2

Peripherals: BenQ XL2411z 24" 144hz 1080p / ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1080p / Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD650 / Schiit Audio Modi 2 / Magni 2 / Blue Yeti Blackout

When your AMD Processor and/or GPU isn't producing massive amounts of heat. xD

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

When your AMD Processor and/or GPU isn't producing massive amounts of heat. xD

burning-pc.jpg

It's BURNING! F****CK.

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

burning-pc.jpg

It's BURNING! F****CK.

Looks fine to me, may want to add another intake in there somewhere, maybe water cool it if air cooling isn't enough.

B)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Looks fine to me, may want to add another intake in there somewhere, maybe water cool it if air cooling isn't enough.

B)

Nah liquid nitrogen is where to go  B)

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

Nah liquid nitrogen is where to go  B)

Might be a little pricey tho :/

burning-pc.jpg

It's BURNING! F****CK.

The flames are still orange, which suggests it's a temporary spike in temperature and not something serious. These spikes tend to occur when power is turned on, so best to only use the pc when you really need to, and in a well ventilated area.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

guys you never called tech support? really now. Have fun eating the cost of a DOA part.

only time I ever called/emailed is when a part dies/doa. Otherwise its usually easier and faster to fix it yourself

When my anti-virus can't handle something on its own, it's time to pour a drink, call trend micro, and watch them hunt the virus down by remote.

Although I haven't had anything turn up that trend micro maximum security set to hyper-sensitive hasn't been able to handle, in quite a while.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

When your PC starts dancing?

I can't think of any other reason.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB