nVidia Streaming Service effecting FPS (Fix it Guide)

Blackler

So I was browsing on the internet and I cam across this website you may of heard of called Reddit.

The subject was that of nVidia's software and the Shield that most people don't have.

Turns out that with GeForce Experience, the software prioritises some of its power to streaming to Shield even if you don't have one / it's not on.

The post can be found here (All credit to the OP of that Thread)

I haven't had a chance to really test this out fully but others are saying that they have seen substantial FPS increases.

Here are some Results from one of the posters with his settings and set-up:

l6JhoXx.png

To Disable the Streaming service follow these steps:

- Click the windows Icon in the bottom left

- Search Services / Local Services and click "View Local Services"

- Scroll Down to "nVidia Streamer Service"

- Right Click the service and click "Stop"

You can always go back and restart it again if you plan to purchase or have a nVidia Shield in the future

I hope this helps a lot of you,

Blackler

i7 920 @ 3.5 GHz / Gigabyte X58-USB3 / Corsair H100i / 12gb Kingston Hyper X Blu / EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ / 120gb SanDisk Extreme II / 650w PowerCool / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / TTe Sports Challenger Ultimate / TTe Sports Black Element / Corsair Raptor HS40

interesting.. somebody needs to test this

although I have a shield so I wont be turning it off

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Ok!

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

I saw this earlier on PCMR, and I don't think this is conclusive. A lot of the changes seem to be within the margin of error from different benchmarks.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

I saw this earlier on PCMR, and I don't think this is conclusive. A lot of the changes seem to be within the margin of error from different benchmarks.

Exactly. If you were saving GPU HP then you'd expect the minimum fps to increase but it actually decreased in 2 out of 3 cases.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Exactly. If you were saving GPU HP then you'd expect the minimum fps to increase but it actually decreased in 2 out of 3 cases.

It decreased the Max in one case (Bioshock Infinite) and twice on the minimum (could be caused by loading screens or transitions in game) in all games it increased the average by 3 fps

i7 920 @ 3.5 GHz / Gigabyte X58-USB3 / Corsair H100i / 12gb Kingston Hyper X Blu / EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ / 120gb SanDisk Extreme II / 650w PowerCool / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / TTe Sports Challenger Ultimate / TTe Sports Black Element / Corsair Raptor HS40

It decreased the Max in one case (Bioshock Infinite) and twice on the minimum (could be caused by loading screens or transitions in game) in all games it increased the average by 3 fps

And 3 fps net gain is well within margin for error. Essentially this has no affect on your games at all.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I don't think i could ever stream a game over the internet. I'm too much of a snob for graphics & fps....Hmm, I guess it comes with being a hardware guy, if you have a decent PC, you want it to be doing the work right?

I have a shield, and I everything well above 60 anyway, so I won't be turning it off.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

@HalGameGuru sent this to me last night, messaged it to linus.

I've turned it off, not sure if it's made a difference. I also disabled it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

• 5 months later...

I disabled it and there is no difference in Unigine Benchmark....

Its in games where you will see a difference-and only in games were your graphics card is already at or close to its limits.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Why would you bring back a thread from APRIL?

because he had a question

and i didnt know you could do this so im glad he did

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

because he had a question

and i didnt know you could do this so im glad he did

He didn't have a question and it's against the CoC to revive a dead thread.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

"Tech news and reviews", and he was giving feed back on the article as he personally noticed no difference.

PMSL

"Tech news and reviews", and he was giving feed back on the article as he personally noticed no difference.

The section of the forum this is in has no relevance.   "Threads with an activity gap of 1 month or greater that are brought back to the front page is considered "thread necroing"."

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

The section of the forum this is in has no relevance.   "Threads with an activity gap of 1 month or greater that are brought back to the front page is considered "thread necroing"."

being as your so well informed you should also know that it is against CoC to side seat moderate......

report and move on

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Its in games where you will see a difference-and only in games were your graphics card is already at or close to its limits.

tested it in several games 

lol,world of tanks,gta 4 and minecraft...no difference

tested it in several games 

lol,world of tanks,gta 4 and minecraft...no difference

Well it stopped Skyrim CTD and the GPU load went down so for me it made a noticeable difference.

PMSL