Lost faith in Razer, looking for a new mouse.

TetsuNoKobushi
Go to solution Solved by Shaqo_Wyn,

*snipgazi*

Alrighty! Well that leaves you with 4 great choices. :)

Asus ROG Gladius, Roccat Kone XTD Optical, Corsair Sabre Optical and Mionix Avior or Naos 7000. 

I doubt, you'll regret buying any one of these. For large hands, the Naos 7000 or Kone XTD Optical would be superb. 

Hi all,  

I'm currently using the 2014 edition of the Razer Naga Hex. After about 6 months of owning it, the numerical buttons on the side have started glitching out, as well as the scroll wheel becoming very jerky. It doesn't scroll properly any more, and pretty much decides on its own whether it wants to scroll upwards or downwards whenever I use the scrolling wheel. I've inquired about RMA, but seeing as I live in The Netherlands, it would take weeks to get it looked at, and I wouldn't have a replacement. I have reinstalled windows multiple times, as well as used different USB ports and have tried to force older Razer software to eliminate all other possible issues. 

Before this I used a Logitech G9X which did alright, but the software was atrocious and it had tracking issues across a multitude of mousepads. I have heard quite some good things about the G502, but I'm kind of meh about it as I have a Black/Red setup with the Corsair K70 RGB as well as a Black/Red H440 and internals. This would mean the G502 would look incredibly out of place. Not to mention I'd rather avoid the Logitech software entirely, as it nearly deafened me with the damn G930 screeching issue which happened due to the software.  

So I've not got a lot of options from what I can see, the most prominent options being the M65 RGB and M95 from Corsair. These would fit within my current setup in terms of colours, as well as sitting nicely alongside my Corsair K70. But before I drop another 60-80 Euro's on a mouse, I'd like to see what other options are available. I've taken a quick gander at the R.A.T and the adjustability of...everything is quite appealing.   

Preferably I'd like a black/red, red or black colour scheme. Hopefully not a glossy surface as during the warmer periods it can cause sweaty hands, as has happened with the Hex. I'm not too fussed about lighting effects at all, and price point isn't that big of a deal. I'd rather invest a bit more and get a proper mouse, than having to buy a new one every 6 months.  

I primarily play League of Legends, Heroes of the Storm, Battlefield, GTA, Hearthstone and such, if that information would help. 

Thanks for any recommendations you are able to provide! 

zowie has quite nice mice with perfect sensors. a bit expensive though. they can be like 50 euros

fuck color matching

I think the Corsair M45 mouse is pretty good and is able to be in red too.

Don't know that much about mice though, I think @Shaqo_Wyn knows quite a bit about mice.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

TL:DR?

60-80 euros mouse that fits a red color scheme plserino.

(just read full posts though m8..)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I bought my first Razer mouse a month or so ago and it never worked properly since day one. I don't think they are reliable at all now. 

zowie has quite nice mice with perfect sensors. a bit expensive though. they can be like 50 euros

fuck color matching

+1000

God bless, another zowie fan.

I have the new Zowie FK, and it's GREAT. I love this mouse, it doesn't matter whether you have palmgrip, clawgrip or fingertip, you'll love it. 

The sensor doesn't have built in acceleration (like all the steelserie mouses and some other crap "gaming" mouses). 

Zowie FK, built quality is amazing. It's about 50 bucks if I remember correctly, worth every penny.

Color scheme = black + yellow.

Logitech G600.  Same as the naga with MMO-oriented side buttons.  RGB lights or what seem like they are.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

If you liked the Naga's shape then a Logitech G600 will do you swell. If yuo like a Deathadder-type shape then an ASUS ROG Gladius is a good choice. The Corsair M45 is red and black as well and if you liked the shape of the M65 and M95, M45 is just as good, if not better, because of it's optical sensor.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Preferably I'd like a black/red, red or black colour scheme. Hopefully not a glossy surface as during the warmer periods it can cause sweaty hands, as has happened with the Hex. I'm not too fussed about lighting effects at all, and priThanks for any recommendations you are able to provide! ce point isn't that big of a deal. I'd rather invest a bit more and get a proper mouse, than having to buy a new one every 6 months.  

I primarily play League of Legends, Heroes of the Storm, Battlefield, GTA, Hearthstone and such, if that information would help. 

You might want to look into getting a nice optical gaming mouse for the best tracking. The G502 is definitely one of the best optical mice you can buy right now due to it's "perfect" Pixart PMW3366 sensor, but there are definitely others that will probably fit your color scheme better. 

You definitely have to consider your hand size and grip style when looking for a new mouse.

Without having this information, some nice mice to look at are the: Corsair M45 (for smaller hands), Zowie EC1-A or EC2-A (Zowie is good but their quality control isn't the best), Mionix Avior 7000 (I have this one, very good, changeable colors but availability in the Netherlands in only through their website where it's 80 EUR). Others are the Roccat Kone Pure Military or Roccat Kone XTD Optical. You could go for another Razer mice, the DA 2013 or Chroma is also superb. However, there is no guarantee this one will last. The lifespan of Razer product's are a mixed bag at best and this is the reason why I don't trust em anymore.

Some more to consider: Asus Gladius, Corsair Sabre RGB Optical and the Steelseries Rival.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

TL:DR?

TL:DR Read the OP or don't really bother. Fairly nonsensical post if you ask me. 

I think the Corsair M45 mouse is pretty good and is able to be in red too.

Don't know that much about mice though, I think @Shaqo_Wyn knows quite about mice.

The Corsair is said to be on the small side though, I seem to have slightly larger hands and tend to have a palm grip, making the size of the mouse more important to me than average. 

Roccat has some decent mice.

Any recommendations within the Roccat catalogue?

I bought my first Razer mouse a month or so ago and it never worked properly since day one. I don't think they are reliable at all now. 

Yeah, it's kind of odd that it died that quickly on me, I have been cured from the Razer blindness. 

+1000

God bless, another zowie fan.

I have the new Zowie FK, and it's GREAT. I love this mouse, it doesn't matter whether you have palmgrip, clawgrip or fingertip, you'll love it. 

The sensor doesn't have built in acceleration (like all the steelserie mouses and some other crap "gaming" mouses). 

Zowie FK, built quality is amazing. It's about 50 bucks if I remember correctly, worth every penny.

Color scheme = black + yellow.

Unfortunately Zowie isn't a readily available brand over here :/

Logitech G600.  Same as the naga with MMO-oriented side buttons.  RGB lights or what seem like they are.

If you liked the Naga's shape then a Logitech G600 will do you swell. If yuo like a Deathadder-type shape then an ASUS ROG Gladius is a good choice. The Corsair M45 is red and black as well and if you liked the shape of the M65 and M95, M45 is just as good, if not better, because of it's optical sensor.

I'm liking the look of the Gladius, I'll look further into it. I'll also have to read up on the sensor types apparently. 

i myself would reccomend the RAT. T.E.

Funky looks, any reason why the T.E over the other available R.A.T ones? 

You might want to look into getting a nice optical gaming mouse for the best tracking. The G502 is definitely one of the best optical mice you can buy right now due to it's "perfect" Pixart PMW3366 sensor, but there are definitely others that will probably fit your color scheme better. 

You definitely have to consider your hand size and grip style when looking for a new mouse.

Without having this information, some nice mice to look at are the: Corsair M45 (for smaller hands), Zowie EC1-A or EC2-A (Zowie is good but their quality control isn't the best), Mionix Avior 7000 (I have this one, very good, changeable colors but availability in the Netherlands in only through their website where it's 80 EUR). Others are the Roccat Kone Pure Military or Roccat Kone XTD Optical. You could go for another Razer mice, the DA 2013 or Chroma is also superb. However, there is no guarantee this one will last. The lifespan of Razer product's are a mixed bag at best and this is the reason why I don't trust em anymore.

Some more to consider: Asus Gladius, Corsair Sabre RGB Optical and the Steelseries Rival.

To be fair, I'd rather stay away from Logitech, my experience with the brand has been atrocious, I've had 7 different product of theirs, ranging from entry level to enthusiast, and almost all have disappointed. The only exception being a "silent" bluetooth mouse for my laptop. Which coincidentally wasn't silent at all, but at least performed better than most bluetooth mice I had tried up to that point. Unfortunately I have slightly larger than average hands, which makes me wary of the M45. Any reason why you wouldn't recommend the M65/95?  

Mionix is a brand I haven't heard of before. I'll look into that, the pricing is fine for me. 

Definitely not going back to Razer, this is the fastest a mouse has died on me, and has completely ruined my image of their products.  

Roccat is a name which has popped up before, I'll look into that as well. 

The RoG Gladius looks really nice for some reason. No nonsense, matching colour scheme, and Asus made. The Sabre RGB as well. Not a big fan of the Steelseries Rival unfortunately. 

TL:DR Read the OP or don't really bother. Fairly nonsensical post if you ask me. 

The Corsair is said to be on the small side though, I seem to have slightly larger hands and tend to have a palm grip, making the size of the mouse more important to me than average. 

Any recommendations within the Roccat catalogue?

Yeah, it's kind of odd that it died that quickly on me, I have been cured from the Razer blindness. 

Unfortunately Zowie isn't a readily available brand over here :/

I'm liking the look of the Gladius, I'll look further into it. I'll also have to read up on the sensor types apparently. 

Funky looks, any reason why the T.E over the other available R.A.T ones? 

To be fair, I'd rather stay away from Logitech, my experience with the brand has been atrocious, I've had 7 different product of theirs, ranging from entry level to enthusiast, and almost all have disappointed. The only exception being a "silent" bluetooth mouse for my laptop. Which coincidentally wasn't silent at all, but at least performed better than most bluetooth mice I had tried up to that point. Unfortunately I have slightly larger than average hands, which makes me wary of the M45. Any reason why you wouldn't recommend the M65/95?  

Mionix is a brand I haven't heard of before. I'll look into that, the pricing is fine for me. 

Definitely not going back to Razer, this is the fastest a mouse has died on me, and has completely ruined my image of their products.  

Roccat is a name which has popped up before, I'll look into that as well. 

The RoG Gladius looks really nice for some reason. No nonsense, matching colour scheme, and Asus made. The Sabre RGB as well. Not a big fan of the Steelseries Rival unfortunately. 

If zowie is not available go for Logitech G400.

It has best gaming optical sensor, together with the deathadder.

Zowie FK -> Logitech G400 -> Deathadder

I would pick in that order. Roccat is overpriced, don't even consider them..

Logitech G402. Trust me, once you play with Logitech, you wont care about the blue lighting that you can also turn off. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

*snipgazi*

Alrighty! Well that leaves you with 4 great choices. :)

Asus ROG Gladius, Roccat Kone XTD Optical, Corsair Sabre Optical and Mionix Avior or Naos 7000. 

I doubt, you'll regret buying any one of these. For large hands, the Naos 7000 or Kone XTD Optical would be superb. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Can't recommend the Logitech G502 enough.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard