Experiences with non-techies

But what if he needs something that is upgraded more frequently like a hard drive. Or he doesn't like the way his case looks so he is getting a new one. 

no he has a laptop and was worrying about minecraft and G-mod lagging although they already run at 60FPS

no he has a laptop and was worrying about minecraft and G-mod lagging although they already run at 60FPS

those are like the 2 easiest games to run (aside from pong.)

I can't run Minecraft, video chipset too slow.

Easy to run and still fun :D

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

yea this is why I facepalmed!

I can't run Minecraft, video chipset too slow.

Have you tried the Optifine mod?

Easy to run and still fun :D

I haven't ever played Gmod since I have no one to play it with and seems like it is a lot more fun with more than one person.

A stupid kid burned a 5KB file onto a 4.7GB DVD and brought it to school to print the file in the library because apparently his "USB did not work."

Such a waste of a perfectly good DVD.

Our English teacher once, back in 6th grade, gave us the option of making a video for our how-to project, you will not believe the absurd amount of kids that brought in the Movie Maker file and not the rendered video.

Something inside me died on that day.

A stupid kid burned a 5KB file onto a 4.7GB DVD and brought it to school to print the file in the library because apparently his "USB did not work."

Such a waste of a perfectly good DVD.

Our English teacher once, back in 6th grade, gave us the option of making a video for our how-to project, you will not believe the absurd amount of kids that brought in the Movie Maker file and not the rendered video.

Something inside me died on that day.

this is kind of an experience with myself and my brother.

So a few years ago we went to an Apple summer camp (you know those one week compas that are supposed to make you want more of their stuff) So we had to make a movie and so we did BUT we were the only ones who used an actual recording camera everybody else just used their various apple products. So we burn the video to a dvd and when we come in the next day it was either the computers didn't have disk drives or the file type was incompatible with whatever default video editor that comes standard with macs so we couldn't edit it.

nothing compared to me i was in a net cafe where a guy came and ased the operator to scan his pen drive, after scanning the guy said it contained a lot of virus and the guy was like yeah its rainy some viruses might have entered :P

So the other day, I was at my French class at school. We got handed out laptops because we needed to do an activity. So, I was sitting next to this kid. He said, "HA, these laptops are so weak. They only have an i5 and 8GB of RAM. The i7 is the best and they should have at LEAST 32GB of RAM." I then explained to him that i7's are only useful for video editing and other CPU intensive tasks and that almost all games these days can't use the extra cores. In response to this, he said "Well I do video editing. I have 32 RAM, the most amount you can get. It cost a lot though." (Note that he didn't say the units, GB, he just said 32. I then asked him how much he spent on his computer. He said "$50,000." 

As Lanoi said, this is why I hate my generation. They are the most ignorant and mind numbingly stupid kids I have seen. They boast and lie, their primary motive is to be 'cool'.

And as Kurt Vonnegut said, "True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country."

/endrant

I totally agree with you and @Lanoi I hate kids of my generation they are so stupid and don't understand how tech works. There are some kids I know that know a lot about how this kind of stuff works, but other than that, yea...

Life.exe is missing

Have you tried the Optifine mod?

I haven't ever played Gmod since I have no one to play it with and seems like it is a lot more fun with more than one person.

It IS!! If I had a computer I'd play it with ya!

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

It IS!! If I had a computer I'd play it with ya!

I use my brothers account though maybe if I get my own copy on steam.

EDIT: I was looking at your profile page and I noticed that you were friends with a lot of people who are aged 12 to about 16 and so is @WinNut is there like a secret underground community with people aged 12-16?

Edited by Yummychickenblue

The computers at my school are Pentium 4's at 2.6GHz and 512MB of RAM. Start-up takes about 15 minutes (My class tested) and using anything other than Microsoft Office 97 is nearly impossible. Plus I tried a speed test before school started and I got 1Mbps download and 256Kbps upload. Megabit not Megabyte :/ I am classified as gifted and I am in the P.A.C.E program and this is the "technology" they provide for us :/

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

nothing compared to me i was in a net cafe where a guy came and ased the operator to scan his pen drive, after scanning the guy said it contained a lot of virus and the guy was like yeah its rainy some viruses might have entered :P

Pen drive? That's a new one...

maybe it is a USB hiding inside a pen.

It's a USB drive but... why call it a pen drive? Thumb drive I can understand because you usually use your thumb with it but pen....? O.o

The computers at my school are Pentium 4's at 2.6GHz and 512MB of RAM. Start-up takes about 15 minutes (My class tested) and using anything other than Microsoft Office 97 is nearly impossible. Plus I tried a speed test before school started and I got 1Mbps download and 256Mbps upload. Megabit not Megabyte :/ I am classified as gifted and I am in the P.A.C.E program and this is the "technology" they provide for us :/

Pentium 4s? 1Mb/s down? We've got pretty much the same PCs, (Barely) running XP, and 7(on the classic theme), Literally everything except a small handful of websites, and a few programs are not restricted, and downloads in the Kb/s speeds. At least our PCs our well-maintained though.

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

It's a USB drive but... why call it a pen drive? Thumb drive I can understand because you usually use your thumb with it but pen....? O.o

just that everyone calls it that way :P

Some people call it that. I like saying flash drive or thumb drive.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

They are not overclock-ready...

I suppose we could just remove their heatsinks?

Water cool them. you will need some big rads tho, at least a 360cm

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Water cool them. you will need some big rads tho, at least a 360cm

Centimeters or millimeters??  :blink:

Centimeters or millimeters??  :blink:

cm, these are full size people we are talking about

EDIT: THo i just saw you wanted them to overheat, so just dont add rads to the loop

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

cm, these are full size people we are talking about

Forgot about that, I was looking at a topic about water cooling an actual system... :D