Experiences with non-techies

1 hour ago, themctipers said:

If you fucked up

theres always Apple discord to show you no, you haven't. 

1 hour ago, DeezNoNos said:

lol. I think ill be active there again lol

i want to get on there, someone invite me lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I was one of the counselors for a Boy scout camp because I thought it would be fun. Eventually, I ran into a spoiled brat who thought he was the bill gates of his generation. He claimed he got an i7 (no idea which one) up to 6GHz using the stock cooler (the one that comes in the box). I decided not to argue with him bc I didn't have the energy.

Just now, TheCube said:

I was one of the counselors for a Boy scout camp because I thought it would be fun. Eventually, I ran into a spoiled brat who thought he was the bill gates of his generation. He claimed he got an i7 (no idea which one) up to 6GHz using the stock cooler (the one that comes in the box). I decided not to argue with him bc I didn't have the energy.

i would beat his face in with facts instead but thats just the kind of ashole i am. i cant stand that level of thinking you know shit

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

On 1/20/2013 at 7:06 AM, MontyBonjangles said:

I have have a friend of mine, who you couldn't call exactly tech-savvy at all somehow managed to pull the mains connector out of the psu housing. Fully. He then proceeded to shove the cable into the hole left behind. Needless to say that power supply was destined for the repair bench or the bin.

rip xD

3 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i want to get on there, someone invite me lol

I got banned for saying android is superior. 

WHILE ON A IPHONE kek

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

One of my friends asked me to install a music player software on his brand-new laptop. I went to the website, download, click Next, Agree, Install, Exit, and gave it back to him.

Two months later, he came back to me and said, "Hey, I feel like after you installed that thing on my laptop, it became much slower."

I was absolutely speechless....

3 hours ago, themctipers said:

I got banned for saying android is superior. 

WHILE ON A IPHONE kek

I complained the ios 10.3 beta was the exact same thing as 10.2.1 and that I was dissapointed because .3 updates are supposed to have an extra feature so I was switching to the google Pixel. "wait for WWDC," they said. I said I was going to but was still going to switch anyway because I would rather have a headphone jack and they actually try to convince me to use a freaking adapter. It wasn't all bad though, I got to ask them if the iphone 7 had an amplified headphone jack (I actually asked how the sound quality of headphones were through it because they would be confused af if I worded it like that) and got the best reaction ever. There was also someone who works for apple on there. I learned they don't give a f*** if I hackintosh. They only will If I am selling one. Their off topic section is inintentionally retarded. The most bizzare conversations happen there.

The best part, I wasn't even trolling. I was actually being serious except for the iphone 7 amplified headphone jack, and even then, I wasn't trolling, it was more of a joke at that point because they already knew how I felt about not having a headphone jack.

"You think your Commodore 64 is really neato! What kind of chip you got in there a Dorito?" -Weird Al Yankovic, All about the pentiums

PC 1(Lenovo S400 laptop): 

CPU: i3-3217u

SSD: 120gb Super Cache mSATA SSD

HDD: Random seagate 5400rpm 500gb HDD

RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR3-SODIMM

PC 2(2014 Mac Mini):

CPU: i5-4260u

HDD: 5400rpm 500gb

RAM: 4gb DDR3 (soldered on :( )

5 hours ago, AA-RonRosen said:

I complained the ios 10.3 beta was the exact same thing as 10.2.1 and that I was dissapointed because .3 updates are supposed to have an extra feature so I was switching to the google Pixel. "wait for WWDC," they said. I said I was going to but was still going to switch anyway because I would rather have a headphone jack and they actually try to convince me to use a freaking adapter. It wasn't all bad though, I got to ask them if the iphone 7 had an amplified headphone jack (I actually asked how the sound quality of headphones were through it because they would be confused af if I worded it like that) and got the best reaction ever. There was also someone who works for apple on there. I learned they don't give a f*** if I hackintosh. They only will If I am selling one. Their off topic section is inintentionally retarded. The most bizzare conversations happen there.

The best part, I wasn't even trolling. I was actually being serious except for the iphone 7 amplified headphone jack, and even then, I wasn't trolling, it was more of a joke at that point because they already knew how I felt about not having a headphone jack.

SOMEONE INVITE ME ALREADY I WANT TO JOIN INTO THE TURD FEST! :P 

Builds:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

SOMEONE INVITE ME ALREADY I WANT TO JOIN INTO THE TURD FEST! :P 

Try this:

https://discord.gg/x5BDm3X

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

58 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Try this:

https://discord.gg/x5BDm3X

thank you, first time someone sent me a working invite lol

Builds:

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

We were discussing operating systems in that discord, so i sent them this link...

http://www.ponyos.org/

i would shitpost but i got banned :/ 

#unbantipers

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

4 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

oh fuck yeah !

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

11 hours ago, themctipers said:

oh fuck yeah !

"Feminist Software Foundation"

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

I had a friend of mine who asked me - "Can we or Hard Disk Storage into ram?" and I said nope?

than next day he called me and said "I downloaded a program that convert storage in to ram and I ran the program on to my computer. It showed that now I have 356GB of ram than I closed the program and ran GTA(He installed GTA on E: drive).

GTA gave him a error message then he realised that all this drive partition's except C: has been formatted.xD

1 hour ago, NunoLava1998 said:

pgOfTLM.png

"I USE THE FACEBOOK WEB BROWSER"

lmfao what is Norways problem xD 

Builds:

Spoiler

4 hours ago, dan357 said:

-snip-

Make an example.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

On 2/24/2017 at 4:15 PM, AA-RonRosen said:

I have done that before. I wanted to oc my laptop so I modify the intel management engine in such a way that the clock source points to nothing so my computer tried to boot with no clock. Also, when I hook up my spi programmer to fix it, I find out that instead of flashing it, it wiped the descriptor region. The lesson I learned is that it's not worth it anyway because I won't be able to change it much. Maybe someday, I will try again though because I have the equipment to fix it 

My friend thought a computer case was a bag where you put your pc in...

PC Specs:

CPU: i9 10850k

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z490-A

Ram: 32GB DDR4 4000MHz

GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 3080 GAMING OC 10G 

Case: Cooler Master: MasterCase H500P

Storage: 4TB NVME SSD, 8TB HDD, 500gb SSD

PSU: Corsair AX1600i

Monitor: ACER X34P 34" and LG 34" 34UC88-B Curved LED Monitor (stacked)

CPU Cooler: Cougar Helor 360

Peripherals:

Keyboard: CORSAIR K95 RGB PLATINUM

Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate

Speakers: Sound BlasterX Katana V2

Operating System:

Windows 11 (64 Bit)

11 minutes ago, CHEESYnachoMAN4 said:

My friend thought a computer case was a bag where you put your pc in...

What's a case?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

49 minutes ago, themctipers said:

What's a case?

Open bench PC? I've never seen that before :| Are you looking to have the parts easier to be changed around or temperature control...? Lol

Aspiring IT technician... The AF is getting in the way. Poet and PC enthusiast (of a lower caliber, so-to say) :)

1 hour ago, themctipers said:

What's a case?

see, this is how you budget, cases are a waste of money

Builds:

Spoiler