Experiences with non-techies

Oh god. Oh dear god no. No no no no no. No. Oh god no. No. Just no. I am so sorry for you.

Yeah.. he got mad and shut down his PC. I haven't heard from him since. Fucking idiot.

@BurgerBum I really hate to be the person to tell you this, but would you mind using the MultiQuote button instead of individual posts?

It tends to clog up my notifications, and it could even be considered post farming, which is against the CoC :S

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

Yeah.. he got mad and shut down his PC. I haven't heard from him since. Fucking idiot.

*facedesk*

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

@BurgerBum I really hate to be the person to tell you this, but would you mind using the Multiquite button instead of individual posts?

It tends to clog up my notifications, and it could even be considered post farming, which is against the CoC :S

i understand where you're coming from... but i really dont wanna hear it... 

months ago i got into a massive arguement over stuff like this with some die hard fanboy who thaught he knew everything and in the end he got ''promoted'' in a sense and i got half me posts deleted, taking away my member title and giving me warnings....

it pisses me off because of how trivial it is. i will try to use multiqoute more often, however hearing people complain about it makes me want to just leave ltt for a few hours... (not saying you're complaining or annoying, just that it kinda gets on my nerves. :/ im wierd, i apologize) 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

If he can't figure out the invite system, HOW ON EARTH IS HE GOING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO USE HIS PORTAL GUN?!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

its dumb to think that air moving makes air cold by itself...

you're means ''you are''. 

your means yours in the possesive form. 

and not really, as fans make it FEEL like it is getting colder, however the fan itself has a motor, and that motor is using electricity, which makes a byproduct of heat. just like the pump in a watercooling loop is also a heat source. 

basically thier arguement that having that many fans on a radiator makes it achieve tempuratures LOWER than ambient air works because the air is moving so fast its cooling itself, is invalid. thats all. :/ 

find a room, remove all possible variants, like the tempurature outside of the room, heat passing through the walls, lets just pretend this room is all that IS. 

put the fan in there. let it run for however long you wnt, while it may be very slow in its rise, the air's tempurature will rise. 

Yes and...?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Yes and...?

There isnt any more to be said about it.

-Jim Hensen

Yes and...?

And having temperatures lower than ambient using conventional cooling defies physics.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

And having temperatures lower than ambient using conventional cooling defies physics.

That applies to the original troll, 40(or so) fan AiO, video by TTL but what was said to be the dumbest thing ever was the "so you're saying..." "no..." statements. 

I am asking why that is dumb.

The "so you're.. " question looks to be seeking clarification in preparation for marking that person as 'confused'.

then the "no..." described how the air will slightly heat up if a fan is left running in a closed system.

I am not, and never was, thinking that a fan actually cools air rather than just move it about

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

That applies to the original troll, 40(or so) fan AiO, video by TTL but what was said to be the dumbest thing ever was the "so you're saying..." "no..." statements. 

I am asking why that is dumb.

The "so you're.. " question looks to be seeking clarification in preparation for marking that person as 'confused'.

then the "no..." described how the air will slightly heat up if a fan is left running in a closed system.

I am not, and never was, thinking that a fan actually cools air rather than just move it about

Oh. Yeah, seems confusing then.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

if you could get tek enterprise to upload a video about doing that or teach me yourself??!! x'D 

I think you would find it on tek linux once they start doing tek linux (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOWcZ6Wicl-1N34H0zZe38w)

I will look in to doing it myself (loads of guides on teh interwebz) then I will PM you

@WinNut, I think someone is making a spambot trying to impersonate you...

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

@WinNut, I think someone is making a spambot trying to impersonate you...

Why do you have bad luck with nVidia?

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Why do you have bad luck with nVidia?

Driver issues left and right... :(

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Driver issues left and right... :(

Oh... Im sorry  :(

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Oh... Im sorry  :(

But 1558MHz on the core is nice...

Spoiler

Spoiler

I was in the process of installing msi after burner on the computer I just built my mom, she of course had to hover over my shoulder the whole time. She noticed it said graphics card and started telling me she didnt want to download one and that she had already paid enough. Thanks for making my day mom... B)

Rose's are red violets are blue, without computers I'd know not what to do.

I was in the process of installing msi after burner on the computer I just built my mom, she of course had to hover over my shoulder the whole time. She noticed it said graphics card and started telling me she didnt want to download one and that she had already paid enough. Thanks for making my day mom... B)

Waow.

Some of my teachers thought that I was using a tablet at breaktimes. Nope, that's my Note 3.

Sig under construction.

And some of my teachers think that all laptops run Windows...apart from if they're visibly by Apple.

My teachers were giving me the alt codes for accents for Windows. FOR MY CHROMEBOOK.

THEY DID THE SAME THING BEFORE FOR MY ALPHASMART DANA. THAT RUNS PALM OS.

Sig under construction.

But 1558MHz on the core is nice...

-_-.... *speachless*

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

I helped my mom pick out an all in one workstation. Upon setting it up for her I mentioned that I would remove all the bloatware. I think she got the wrong Idea because she told me not to touch the computer :r

I helped my mom pick out an all in one workstation. Upon setting it up for her I mentioned that I would remove all the bloatware. I think she got the wrong Idea because she told me not to touch the computer :r

Perhaps she wanted her "free" games?

I got some gold for you...

This is from five years ago.

I am on the bus with my brother. It is completely empty apart from us and two other people ahead of us; a flubber-like young girl and her equally gelatinous mother. They are talking about stuff that my younger mind could not care less about. But then I hear the young girl come up with a truly innovative (absoultely retarded) idea which will save the world.

She says "they should make... like wi-fi bracelets so everyone can have free wi-fi". I cringe internally, wishing I could blow my head off with an old German luger to end my suffering. The mother concurs but asks whether it would be comfortable or not.

The daughter replies; "It will be really slim and will have a code on it so they can use their wi-fi so they can have free internet".

I stop listening to them after that because I would have kicked her in the head repeatedly if I had to put up with any more of her stupid and illogical shit.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

I got some gold for you...

This is from five years ago.

I am on the bus with my brother. It is completely empty apart from us and two other people ahead of us; a flubber-like young girl and her equally gelatinous mother. They are talking about stuff that my younger mind could not care less about. But then I hear the young girl come up with a truly innovative (absoultely retarded) idea which will save the world.

She says "they should make... like wi-fi bracelets so everyone can have free wi-fi". I cringe internally, wishing I could blow my head off with an old German luger to end my suffering. The mother concurs but asks whether it would be comfortable or not.

The daughter replies; "It will be really slim and will have a code on it so they can use their wi-fi so they can have free internet".

I stop listening to them after that because I would have kicked her in the head repeatedly if I had to put up with any more of her stupid and illogical shit.

Devil's advocate

I mean it could be kinda done if the bracelet had port for SIM card with paid connection for it to work like a access point. But since almost any smart phone can do that there is no need for that. But a free wifi from thin air ? Yeah... no. :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Devil's advocate

I mean it could be kinda done if the bracelet had port for SIM card with paid connection for it to work like a access point. But since almost any smart phone can do that there is no need for that. But a free wifi from thin air ? Yeah... no. :D

No, she literally refers to wi-fi and not the use of mobile networks. She probably isn't smart enough to comprehend half of these concepts. She imagines them as she describes them; to the word. Meaning she has no understanding of her own retardation, she only comes out with stupid shit that sounds smart but in reality makes her sound like a dummy.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com