Why do people hate apple products?

So, I have a question that I genuinely want to know. Why do people hate apple products so much? I really like them, and I'm not saying they're invincible, but they are actually pretty good products for the most part. *thinks of the Apple Watch* *shudders* But are they really as bad as people say they are? I've owned plenty and can't seem to see why so many people hate them. I'm actually going to quote Linus from his iSwitched to Mac Part 3 - The Software Experience 

"But none of this was enough to even begin to tempt me to switch. Not because Windows is amazing and perfect, (because it's not.) but because it's fine. And the Mac experience was also just fine."

So I completely understand that. There's a reason I have a dual boot Windows Hackintosh. But why all of the backlash? Please don't comment if you don't intend to have a decent and intelligent conversation, or I will just ignore you. The same thing goes for Android vs iOS. I have an iPhone 4 and a Galaxy S4 in my pocket at all times for the same reason.

Overpriced and locked down for what I personally want to do.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

This again..lost count on how many has been made..

My answer, I dont like the software, phone and mac.

And I hate iTunes and how I need it to update the mobile devices, it auto factory reseted my mothers iphone as soon as I plugged it in...my mood that day was terrible.

Because you are overpaying for just the OS and an aluminum frame, it's the same hardware for much more. Not saying Apple is bad but that is an argument that I have heard

So, I have a question that I genuinely want to know. Why do people hate apple products so much? I really like them, and I'm not saying they're invincible, but they are actually pretty good products for the most part. *thinks of the Apple Watch* *shudders* But are they really as bad as people say they are? I've owned plenty and can't seem to see why so many people hate them. I'm actually going to quote Linus from his 

"But none of this was enough to even begin to tempt me to switch. Not because Windows is amazing and perfect, (because it's not.) but because it's fine. And the Mac experience was also just fine."

So I completely understand that. There's a reason I have a dual boot Windows Hackintosh. But why all of the backlash? Please don't comment if you don't intend to have a decent and intelligent conversation, or I will just ignore you.

Because they are expensive for the hardware. Hardware from atleast one generation old.

Not upgradable at least the Macbooks since 2013 iirc, bad cooling.

Hard to repair.

Software is not always compatible/available.

Not suited for gaming.

Promotes an unhealthy level of closed down platforms in the hands of consumers.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

It's a circlejerk reaction around here at this point, people will try to argue that they're ostentatiously overpriced or locked down or whatever, but fact is not everyone wants a platform that you can make into your own jalopy with ease and would rather have something that just works without tooling around with it.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

We don't. We understand that they have their positives and negatives, just as any product does. They tend to be expensive and limited in ways that others products are not, but it doesn't mean we hate them. Obviously, some people do hate them, while others jump on the bandwagon. Some people joke about it as well, but don't mean it. 

I have nothing against apple products but everyone I have met who owns apple products happens to fail at life. It's kind of like when back in the day I use to never date any chick who had a sprint phone because I knew it meant they had bad credit....sometimes generalizations save you time  :)

Short answer: Cause they're popular.

Long answer:  Because of short answer, lots of non-tech saavy people gravitate towards them and people tend to forget some of them are actually decent products and even decently priced.

My answer: I hate wall gardens. I don't want to be locked into any 1 ecosystem. I rather have a ton of options and a ton of issues with Android and Windows or Linux than having things mostly work ok on Apple if I'm willing to do em the Apple way and no other way.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Overpriced products

"Innovation" 

Stupid shit like gluing hard drive / batteries in the laptops, meaning you'll end up damaging something trying to replace the fucker

A lot of the people that buy apple products use them as a social badge and try to wave it about like it's a good thing.

In general, Apple offers me nothing over what Windows does, and the majority of people whom i have had the pleasure of speaking to that in fact do own apple products, turn out to be dolts.

Also, why do you need such a strong metal frame for your case/laptop anyway? Unless you are a clumsy bastard and randomly decides to develop butter fingers and drop the item every so often, it's completely unnecessary.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Just not the target market. Apple products are for people who want to do zero set up. plug and play. 

we like customization(for the most part) so we are the opposite of the target market. simple as that. For a phone, a lot of people here are actually okay with apple phones, because they are just as good as any other phone, and when it comes to phones, its nice for them to just work. 

It's a circlejerk reaction around here at this point, people will try to argue that they're ostentatiously overpriced or locked down or whatever, but fact is not everyone wants a platform that you can make into your own jalopy with ease and would rather have something that just works without tooling around with it.

What experiences have you had with other devices which require "tooling around with"?

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Wow. So many replies! Well, thankfully I didn't get: "APPLE IS STUPID BECAUSE REASONS!!!! PC MLG PRO!" (again, thank you.) I completely agree that everything Apple is overpriced. the 5K iMac isn't as bad, because of the screen, but I still totally agree. I also agree with the gaming side, and the fact that they are locked down. Software is all opinion, so that's up to you, but the Macbooks DO have very excellent build quality, and are stronger than most would assume. Again, that's not saying they're better.

We understand that we are just aw answering the question why people hate macs

You can't afford it :'))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

/s

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

XFX Needs To Make A 3 Fan Cooler 

Back in the day I adored Apple, when Steve was alive, when products had a soul. When you had one of the first iPhones you were "unique", now "everyone" has an iPhone.

Especially in my enviroment, all the "dumb", non tech-savvy people who don't know anything about technology and have no love for it (especially the love) now have an iPhone and they don't treat the product right anymore. When I was one of the first to get an iPhone 4 (in my enviroment), I was alone, even at my school which counts 1200 people (students+staff) there were like a dozen I knew of, now when I walk out the gate and everyone gets his/her phone 7 out of 10 are iPhones, 2 are android and 1/10 is something else...

I find that android has more of a soul nowadays, I used to despise android but yeah... Things change.

You can't afford it :'))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

/s

i cryed ;'(((((

But yeah, I would prefer not to overpay for something I wont enjoy using. 

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Because they used to charge an insane markup. These days they're pretty well priced for the specs they offer (and look really really nice as well). The old stigma of "expensive and slow" has stuck unfortunately...

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

Look, there are maybe a hundred posts on this exact thing.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Wow. So many replies! Well, thankfully I didn't get: "APPLE IS STUPID BECAUSE REASONS!!!! PC MLG PRO!" (again, thank you.) I completely agree that everything Apple is overpriced. the 5K iMac isn't as bad, because of the screen, but I still totally agree. I also agree with the gaming side, and the fact that they are locked down. Software is all opinion, so that's up to you, but the Macbooks DO have very excellent build quality, and are stronger than most would assume. Again, that's not saying they're better.

The thing you have to know it is not the same display as the Dell monitor. The Dell monitor has 10-bit colors and the mac has 8-bit colors.

Also, you can make a beats PC (or even Macintosh) for how much you pay for the iMac 

people are too narrow minded to even try apples' osx theses days

i thought i would never like it , then i had one for 5 years lol. only when i began gaming hardcore again did i make the switch back to windows based systems , and only because i couldn't really find any games that were for mac.

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

as for customization, I totally agree with you guys. As for "Apple does not innovate," I think that's true. They take something and make it look good, and before recently, there was a reason for saying apple is innovative. For instance. The iPhone? Genius. An actual GUI for a computer? Genius. The fact that noone before apple (to my knowledge) learned how to stack battery cells (as they did with the new macbook) is dissapointing, but in any case, I think that someone could take a few ideas from apple and make them better. a "Best of both worlds" sort of thing. Like making Unix the backbone of your default OS. Good switch apple.

What experiences have you had with other devices which require "tooling around with"?

I'm saying this in the context of LTT just to be clear.

People around here cringe when people even mention pre-built PCs, let alone Apple. Truth is, we would rather build PCs, but most people don't know how to do that. A lot of us tinker with our phones, jailbreak/root them and install tweaks that may very well make them unstable, most people can't and won't do or deal with that.

Most people want a device that works. A Samsung Galaxy S6 or an iPhone 6, a MacBook Pro or a Lenovo X1, an iMac or a Dell AIO, a Mac Pro or a Dell XPS desktop. You can go to Best Buy, pick one up, plug it in/turn it on and go. Nothing else. I didn't mean to say other devices require tinkering, but rather that what we do requires it.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)