LTT increments [Community Based Build Database]

zappian

Even if rhe i5 is locked a z97 board has so many features.

h97 mobo and xeon for the same price.

I need to add a xeon build too to the main thread.

I will do the changes tomorrow of all the suggestions in the thread.

h97 mobo and xeon for the same price.

I need to add a xeon build too to the main thread.

I will do the changes tomorrow of all the suggestions in the thread.

Xeon would definitely beat the 4440 and other 4460 etc due to that cache.At rendering.

Xeon would definitely beat the 4440 and other 4460 etc due to that cache.At rendering.

Yeah I need to update with productivity builds later .

Many improvements can be made this is just the beggining.

Keep up the awesome work :D

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Just because some people dont use it doesnt mean it should not be there for whoever wants to use it.

Literally does no harm being there.

Not some, a lot.  I'd wager just about everyone actually.  I stopped posting in the audio forum because it was getting ridiculous that every day there would be at least a half dozen threads that where already answered.  

On top of that choosing parts is not a simply looking up a list of what you prefer but a balancing act.  Proof is in this thread, not even to three pages and many people can't agree on what a basic or mid range build should look like.  let alone whether to use seagate or WD drives. 

I applaud the idea and effort but the reality is for personal builds people like to feel the recommendations they get are tailored exactly to their needs and not pulled from a Boolean list. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Not some, a lot.  I'd wager just about everyone actually.  I stopped posting in the audio forum because it was getting ridiculous that every day there would be at least a half dozen threads that where already answered.  

On top of that choosing parts is not a simply looking up a list of what you prefer but a balancing act.  Proof is in this thread, not even to three pages and many people can't agree on what a basic or mid range build should look like.  let alone whether to use seagate or WD drives. 

I applaud the idea and effort but the reality is for personal builds people like to feel the recommendations they get are tailored exactly to their needs and not pulled from a Boolean list. 

Sure its just a basic guideline that  you can adjust and use as a base.

I use the build list as a base for EVERY build recommendation I do on the forum.

Its not the de façto build list but it helps to set of a starting point.

Think of it as a pizza base on which you can add ingredients too to fit your needs.

Bad example lol , anyways.

I was waiting for someone to do this!

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

I'm pretty sure @thekeemo had something JUST like this, yet it was completely turned down...I wonder why everyone has a change of heart all of a sudden.

Decent idea, but technology and deals change so quickly and people's needs for a PC vary so much, that this will become trivial IMO. Not shutting it down, good work and all, but not the greatest idea.

Maybe it's just me though since everyone else loves it lol...

yes I did. But after my 290x died I stopped updating it because I felt let down by the PCMR. and at the end people were appreciating it and using it.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I'm pretty sure @thekeemo had something JUST like this, yet it was completely turned down...I wonder why everyone has a change of heart all of a sudden.

Decent idea, but technology and deals change so quickly and people's needs for a PC vary so much, that this will become trivial IMO. Not shutting it down, good work and all, but not the greatest idea.

Maybe it's just me though since everyone else loves it lol...

Are you this dude btw? Same nick name.

Now we can just link this every time someone posts "I have budget X what computer should I buy" Thanks! Love the EVGA power supplies by the way. Could you maybe make the $1000 option use the 300r? There's also this: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f314900cl8d8gbxmmemory which I've used in people's builds because it has lower CAS, higher speed, and costs the same while still using 1.5v

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

Now we can just link this every time someone posts "I have budget X what computer should I buy" Thanks! Love the EVGA power supplies by the way. Could you maybe make the $1000 option use the 300r? There's also this: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f314900cl8d8gbxmmemory which I've used in people's builds because it has lower CAS, higher speed, and costs the same while still using 1.5v

@zappian take a look.

yes I did. But after my 290x died I stopped updating it because I felt let down by the PCMR. and at the end people were appreciating it and using it.

I made this because its a database i use myself so.

If other people like it so be it , but it exists to be a tool for me mainly.

- sniped -

Very interesting , I have a question : I want to get the R9 280X because it's cheaper than GTX 960 by $100 and I want to get a Xeon( 4 cores with hyperthreading is what I want ) , Is that good ? 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Very interesting , I have a question : I want to get the R9 280X because it's cheaper than GTX 960 by $100 and I want to get a Xeon( 4 cores with hyperthreading is what I want ) , Is that good ? 

I would go for an i5 4440 or 4460 and a r9 290.

More balanced.

I would go for an i5 4440 or 4460 and a r9 290.

More balanced.

You know that the R9 290 in my country is as same as the GTX 980 ( Which is about $700 )

Edit : The R9 280X from PowerColor is atleast close with the US price , ( About $200 or more ) . the GTX 960 here is overprice ( $255 ) 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Why is there such a big gap between the 280x and the 290 ? 

I have no idea , the pricing in my country is F'ed up for some reason ( R9 280X from Gigabyte is nearly nearly $400 + I can pay like $20 more and get the GTX 970 from ASUS ) . The R9 280X I found is in the same store ( I check price online btw ) AND is half the price of the Gigabyte version + it has back plate ... 

Edit : the R9 280X from Powercolor is $218 and the GTX 960 is $252 :/