-Cheapest 8Gb

-4150 is sometimes cheaper

-4440 or 4460 whatever is cheaper

- seagate or wd blue, 500 gb for super low budget, 1tb for other

- Bx100 as ssd for cheap

- Silverstone PS08B has dust filter infront, for mATX builds

-NZXT s340 for 1k build would be better

Also PSUs are cruicial thing..

I will swap the cases because cases arent my forte.

I used the cheapest 8 Gb and one stick because of upgradibility.

The seagate Drive is on most builds , good for the price.

I will swap the i3 since most motherboards have updated bios now.

I am making another thread for the forums ( i3 vs i5 one ) I will update this one after I am done with the benchmarks,

Thanks for the suggestions.

np

If the build guide is good ill put it in my sig, so its kinda "pinned" whenever i post something ^^

This list is a rough guide at best, it does not take some seemingly basic information into account.

For example, the R9 280X and i3-4130 is not a good combo. AMD GPUs have a lot more CPU overhead, this is why Mantle exists, going green team in this case is the better solution.

RpS8qfG.png

While the R9 280X offers amazing price to performance, it means nothing when it's limited by CPU performance.

The "upgradeable" $1k build is extremely limited upgrade path, and in some of the builds have extremely limited potential that can lead to random shutoffs. The EVGA 500B has 40A on the 12V rail, the R9 280X requires 30 +12v amps, cards like the GTX 770 and 780 might not even be able to run on the power supply entirely, and will shut down when things begin nearing 100%. The 400W has 30A on the 12v rail, I don't even know if that's suitable for cards like the 270. You could get away with it using a 750 Ti, but likely not the 270. Don't scrimp on the power supply, at all. 

You haven't taken into account content creators or just people who love running lots of virtual machines. If I want a light gaming build designed for CUDA rendering, what's better, the FX-8320 or the i5-4440? It's the FX-8320, even Jay agrees. 

You can not create a "one-size-fits-all" build, or even a rough outline because there are so many different scenarios.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

This list is a rough guide at best, it does not take some seemingly basic information into account.

For example, the R9 280X and i3-4130 is not a good combo. AMD GPUs have a lot more CPU overhead, this is why Mantle exists, going green team in this case is the better solution.

RpS8qfG.png

While the R9 280X offers amazing price to performance, it means nothing when it's limited by CPU performance.

The "upgradeable" $1k build is extremely limited upgrade path, and in some of the builds have extremely limited potential that can lead to random shutoffs. The EVGA 500B has 40A on the 12V rail, the R9 280X requires 30 +12v amps, cards like the GTX 770 and 780 might not even be able to run on the power supply entirely, and will shut down when things begin nearing 100%. The 400W has 30A on the 12v rail, I don't even know if that's suitable for cards like the 270. You could get away with it using a 750 Ti, but likely not the 270. Don't scrimp on the power supply, at all. 

You haven't taken into account content creators or just people who love running lots of virtual machines. If I want a light gaming build designed for CUDA rendering, what's better, the FX-8320 or the i5-4440? It's the FX-8320, even Jay agrees. 

You can not create a "one-size-fits-all" build, or even a rough outline because there are so many different scenarios.

I had a 270x , i3 4160 and it worked fine .

Dont make assumptions if you dont have personal experience.

That problem only occured in advanced warfare.

My i3 with my 270x pulled 65 frames on thief with maxed out settings and mantle .

uQnIJcS.png

The i3 does very well with 270x /  280 lol .

Thats not a good example tho thats a mantle game , here is metro 2033 maxed settings.

geK3hnj.jpg

Dont talk about things you have no comprehension or knowledge about please.

I will change the psu on the 1k build however .

I will add some builds for multi tasking cases like editing and virtualization too.

Also those 400w is easily enough for a 270 and a 54 W i3 , I am pretty sure.

Thanks for the suggestions tho , the thread will keep evolving as I have time to update it dont worry.

The point of the thread is to evolve over time taking feedback from LTT users lol.

I had a 270x , i3 4160 and it worked fine .

Dont make assumptions if you dont have personal experience.

That problem only occured in advanced warfare.

My i3 with my 270x pulled 65 frames on thief with maxed out settings and mantle .

The problem doesn't occur in just Advanced Warfare, a relatively easy to run game, it should occur in any Mantle enabled title that shows a benefit from using Mantle (with Mantle disabled) as well. It's general CPU overhead, NVIDIA cards handle it better, AMD's solution was a new API entirely. I'm not saying "don't pick up AMD," I'm saying, don't mix high-end AMD with budget level CPUs.

Just because you're getting a good framerate doesn't mean anything, either. The GTX 760 could be pulling even better framerates is what I'm saying. 

The i3 does very well with 270x /  280 lol .

Thats not a good example tho thats a mantle game , here is metro 2033 maxed settings.

Yea but a GTX 960 does even better, outside of Mantle. This is again because NVIDIA cards handle CPU overhead better. One of the only times I recommend the GTX 960 is when CPU overhead is a concern (typically on the i3/FX level).

You showing your framerates means absolutely nothing to the argument, you telling me,

Dont talk about things you have no comprehension or knowledge about please.

Is a huge red flag in how little you actually know about the more intricate details. Yea you could get good framerates with an i3 and a GTX Titan X, but if you don't show me something to compare it to, what am I to think? 

I will change the psu on the 1k build however .

I will add some builds for multi tasking cases like editing and virtualization too.

Also those 400w is easily enough for a 270 and a 54 W i3 , I am pretty sure.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I would change the PSU on every build, especially if the R9 280X actually exceeds the 40A on the 500B.

400W is likely enough for the i3/270 but I really do not trust the total amperage or even the PSU itself. The R9 270 recommends a continues stream of 28A, so there's no room to upgrade or to overclock on 30A, and if the PSU degrades at all, well, that's it.

The problem doesn't occur in just Advanced Warfare, a relatively easy to run game, it should occur in any Mantle enabled title that shows a benefit from using Mantle (with Mantle disabled) as well. It's general CPU overhead, NVIDIA cards handle it better, AMD's solution was a new API entirely. I'm not saying "don't pick up AMD," I'm saying, don't mix high-end AMD with budget level CPUs.

Just because you're getting a good framerate doesn't mean anything, either. The GTX 760 could be pulling even better framerates is what I'm saying. 

Yea but a GTX 960 does even better, outside of Mantle. This is again because NVIDIA cards handle CPU overhead better. One of the only times I recommend the GTX 960 is when CPU overhead is a concern (typically on the i3/FX level).

You showing your framerates means absolutely nothing to the argument, you telling me,

Is a huge red flag in how little you actually know about the more intricate details. Yea you could get good framerates with an i3 and a GTX Titan X, but if you don't show me something to compare it to, what am I to think? 

I would change the PSU on every build, especially if the R9 280X actually exceeds the 40A on the 500B.

400W is likely enough for the i3/270 but I really do not trust the total amperage or even the PSU itself. The R9 270 recommends a continues stream of 28A, so there's no room to upgrade or to overclock on 30A, and if the PSU degrades at all, well, that's it.

The i3 can handle a 290 just fine for example : http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/2jvmm5/i34330_r9_290_benchmarks_for_gaming_if_anyones/

You underestimate the cpu so much its not even funny , you talk out of theoretical notions and have no grasp on the subject.

Please show me benchmarks to back that up , we know it happens in one game but what about other games?

I Have shown you benchmarks of an i3 handling a r9 290 high end amd card just fine lol .

Yea, but WD Blues are a bit cheaper than baracudas and more reliable too.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seagate-internal-hard-drive-st1000dm003 @47.99$ Baracuda

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/western-digital-internal-hard-drive-wd10ezex @44.99$ WD Blue.

Told ya @zappian

The i3 can handle a 290 just fine for example : http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/2jvmm5/i34330_r9_290_benchmarks_for_gaming_if_anyones/

You underestimate the cpu so much its not even funny , you talk out of theoretical notions and have no grasp on the subject.

Please show me benchmarks to back that up , we know it happens in one game but what about other games?

I Have shown you benchmarks of an i3 handling a r9 290 high end amd card just fine lol .

You're right when you cherry pick your benchmarks, but if you look at them all, you're not.

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test

The i3-4330 is clearly falling behind physical quad core processors. I don't underestimate the processor's power but you're certainly overestimating it.

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test

Again, the i3 is falling behind physical quad cores on a single 290X. 

bf4_cpu_radeon.png

Same story in BF4, the i3 is falling behind physical quad cores.

Far Cry 4, four physical cores beats two.

fc4_n_1920.png

You feel much smarter using big words and cherry picking benchmarks, in hopes that the other person doesn't reply, don't you?

If you see any FPS differences in Mantle and DX11 on an i3-4130, guess what? There's CPU overhead. That's why Mantle exists.

Finally, you can't argue. You just can't. I looked over the page you provided and there are no comparisons, there is no control group. I can post results of the FX-4300 and GTX Titan X, and unless I post a control test with a more powerful processor, nobody can compare the FX-4300 to other processors and see if there's bottlenecking.

Yea, but WD Blues are a bit cheaper than baracudas and more reliable too.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seagate-internal-hard-drive-st1000dm003 @47.99$ Baracuda

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/western-digital-internal-hard-drive-wd10ezex @44.99$ WD Blue.

I call bullshit. I got a new barracuda for 39.99.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

There should be a 775 build in there somewhere for those who are desperately poor. Like with a Q6600 and a P45 as a minimum.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Do they still sell brand new 775 cpus?

As a matter of fact, yes. Surprisingly still. http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/cpu/#k=13&s=15

Hve fun recovering data from it.

At least i have a tool to backup it and even restore it, SeaTools.

WD RMA>SEATOOLS.

WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THEIR RMA IT'S THE WORST IN THE INDUSTRY.