just wondering, why everyone hates nvidia

randy hutajulu

russia: i dont want start a war, but lets invade ukrane...

haha when people don't own something, fells like they have to protect what they have, but when they do it also atacks the other brand, look at console wars for exmple, people just throw shit each othen, and none of them really sucks, just fell the right to protect what they paid for.

i'm with amd because is cheaper and also powerfull, but ovbiously if i had the money i would boy the best at the moment don't care if is amd or nvidia

Yea.. My last AMD was radeon 6870 and it was so wonderful, and then i made 2 PCs, one with GTX 780 and the other with GTX 680.

Why i went with 780? Because it was the best make sense single card solution at that time (before 780Ti)

Why 680? Because it's also another the best make sense single card solution for PCIe Gen 2 card.

And why i still kept my radeon HD 6870 was because it ran like magic! Still give u an outstanding performance at 1080p

So, from my own experience, both of them are wonderful.

No need to hate anything.

Some people hate Nvidia/AMD is because they tend to associate their personal feelings into these things. 

Some people will hate it if you recommend them one over the other  :ph34r:  

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Considering the massive Nvidia fanboyism around here Idk what you`re talking about. 

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

I dislike nvidia fanboys (hate is a strong word).

As for nvidia, their recent dominance is very bad for the future of pc gaming and is due mostly to slick marketing.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

I don't even understand why someone would hate a company to begin with, unless the company went out of their way to do horrible things, like Apple or Monsanto. If you Google the word 'sheeple' you will get a reasonable answer as to why some people hate Nvidia or AMD.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Aside from the 970 fiasco....I don't see where this "hate" would come from. I think AMD and Nvidia have both had highs and lows.

Nvidia has had some killer cards for the money back in the day.

Anyone remember the nVidia GeForce4 Ti4400. Great card for the money.

I also liked the 7800 GS.

I was a Nvidia fanboy for awhile.... that was until the ATI 9800. That was short lived because that card's heatsink melted off after a long run in with Doom3.

It fell off during the 3 year warranty and I got a free one in the mail but sold it right away to get something else.

Not sure what I got after that......I may have swapped to the 6600 GT.

After that was the 7800 GS.  My GF bought the 7600 GS and it sucked bad. Wasn't nearly as good as the 7800 GS. Felt like 1/2 the performance.

I didn't buy AMD until the 8800 GT took a dump.  Bought the 6870 because I didn't like Nvidia's cards at that time at all. Heard lots of bad things.

Then stuck with AMD until 7850 which was a nice upgrade from the 6870 believe it or not but I should have got the 2 Gb card not 1 Gb card. Mine was fast though as it OC'ed quite a bit.  Fans were loud though compared to the GTX 770 though at the same fan %. I think the AMD fans just ran faster regardless.

As of all my experience lately I'm finding out that it's less hardware related than software. My PC seems to like running Nvidia's drivers way more so than AMD.

So I'm a fan of whoever has the best card for the money. But now....things are different. I just want things to move smoothly, I don't need the best... I don't need a Titan X to be happy. I just want my games to run smoothly and with high/ultra settings. The 7850 has run it's course for me as it wasn't keeping up with bigger games at Ultra. I'm curious to see what they do with Pascal and hope they don't kill the fans with insane prices. I don't want to go back to AMD simply because of the drivers.

im pretty  happy with Nvidia honestly. 

They made me spend 1600 dollars. Bastards.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

So, the conclusion is "every brand has it's own bad times."

Nvidia with 3,5 GB GTX 970, just like ubisoft with ACU (which is.. TBH i don't see any big prob with it and still playing it).

So, no need to hate them right?

So, the conclusion is "every brand has it's own bad times."

Nvidia with 3,5 GB GTX 970, just like ubisoft with ACU (which is.. TBH i don't see any big prob with it and still playing it).

So, no need to hate them right?

Lmao @ comparing Nvidia with Ubisoft. Like comparing a minor felon with Satan. 

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

Lmao @ comparing Nvidia with Ubisoft. Like comparing a minor felon with Satan.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha...

This is funny

I don't. I think AMD is the better value right now (how can you argue the performance of a 780ti for $250), but Nvidia definitely has strong points. I would use Nvidia in a small Micro ATX build for instance.

Core i5 4670k @4.0Ghz stock voltage w/ Corsair H100i | MSI GD65 Gaming Board | GIGABYTE R9 290 | 16GB G.Skill Memory @2133mhz | 256GB Crucial MX100 SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD

3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD | 20GB FUJITSU 5400rpm Xbox 360 HDD | EVGA 750W Power Supply | Lian Li Alpha 330

Nvidia's marketing team and the GTX970 is just full of s***, but for the rest all their products (also including the 970) are amazing, with worlds best GPU drivers (that's objective).

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

They blamed it on marketing....but the card functions are per the hardware was designed. So....there is really no one to blame besides the people who actually made the card.

They lied to the public....not just in marketing and stats. GPU-Z was also showing improper stats so the " LIES" were built in to fool everyone.

"Marketing" haha.

This was going to be my next GPU so the fact that they did this just made me avoid that card just to avoid it. I suspect they will not hold value as well as they could have.

People will just save up for the 980 or wait for 390X....  Unless you bought one right away.... then you gotta do what you gotta do.

They blamed it on marketing....but the card functions are per the hardware was designed. So....there is really no one to blame besides the people who actually made the card.

They lied to the public....not just in marketing and stats. GPU-Z was also showing improper stats so the " LIES" were built in to fool everyone.

"Marketing" haha.

This was going to be my next GPU so the fact that they did this just made me avoid that card just to avoid it. I suspect they will not hold value as well as they could have.

People will just save up for the 980 or wait for 390X....  Unless you bought one right away.... then you gotta do what you gotta do.

They didn`t ``trick`` GPU-z there is really 4GB. Just the 0,5 left is really slower. 

Because Nvidia will always have better performance than AMD, at a greater price. People can't fathom that Nvidia's cards are just better at performing. 

CPU: G3258 @ 4GHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 OC RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 SSD: Corsair LS 120GB Case: Antec GX500 Mouse: Logitech G402 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Headphones: Shure SRH440 Microphone: That Zalman Zm-Mic1 that everyone recommends but noone uses

Remember when the R9 280 was the HD 7950? Pepperidge Farm remembers.  

Running two AMD Cards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCwn1NTK-50

If you have a spare testicle and/or breast to pay for the overprice premium for a card that AMD will make (slightly less power) for half of the price...I mean go figure...:P

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

Because Nvidia will always have better performance than AMD, at a greater price. People can't fathom that Nvidia's cards are just better at performing. 

Not really, AMD have stomped Nvidia before see my above post, you are literally paying £300+ (GTX 980 v R9 290X) for SLIGHTLY high performance? R9 295X2 v Titan X for instance performance gains for that extra £400 are minimal at best unless you can afford an to SLI TiX's...

nice clickbaits

when 90% of this community use intel + nvidia in their rig.

even linus himself prefer nvidia.

see how many GTX review? see how many R7/9 review?

Not really, AMD have stomped Nvidia before see my above post, you are literally paying £300+ (GTX 980 v R9 290X) for SLIGHTLY high performance? R9 295X2 v Titan X for instance performance gains for that extra £400 are minimal at best unless you can afford an to SLI TiX's...

I'm sorry if you can't afford Nvidia, hell I am working summer jobs at 16, but don't trash it. People forget that the 295 is crossfire, its comparing two GPU's to the Titan X, not everyone wants to deal with CF and its shitty issues. 

CPU: G3258 @ 4GHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 OC RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 SSD: Corsair LS 120GB Case: Antec GX500 Mouse: Logitech G402 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Headphones: Shure SRH440 Microphone: That Zalman Zm-Mic1 that everyone recommends but noone uses

I'm sorry if you can't afford Nvidia, hell I am working summer jobs at 16, but don't trash it. People forget that the 295 is crossfire, its comparing two GPU's to the Titan X, not everyone wants to deal with CF and its shitty issues. 

I can afford a TiX but I don't want to pay a ridiculous premium...Dual GPU or not that's not the point it's about money I don't want to waste money I want what's best for my wallet but from your signature you have a bias against AMD it appears so there is no point in continuing this as reason might as well be out of the equation :)

I would recommend R9 295X2 over a TiX for now until the R9 390X series comes out £900 v £499, you do the math. 

NVIDIA and AMD have their goods and bads

Good:

AMD - wicked price to performance ratio

NVIDIA - wicked power efficiency for performance (especially since I refuse to buy anything higher than a GPU that uses more than 1 8 pin)

Bad:

AMD - wicked power requirements for peformance

NVIDIA - price for performance is just completely horrible, more so on the mid range end and any other spot (it was either the 960 should of had near 780 performance for $200-$220 USD or the 960 should of had its performance right now for $150-$170 USD and push the 750 Ti back down to $120 USD instead of $150 USD)

But man I tell ya I really felt it with the 960 because I have use for CUDA and I also game but the performance was disappointing for the price they're asking

System: Intel Core i3 3240 @ 3.4GHz, EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB ACX 2.0, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Kingston HyperX RAM, ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0 Motherboard, Corsair CX430 W Power Supply

NVIDIA and AMD have their goods and bads

Good:

AMD - wicked price to performance ratio

NVIDIA - wicked power efficiency for performance (especially since I refuse to buy anything higher than a GPU that uses more than 1 8 pin)

Bad:

AMD - wicked power requirements for peformance

NVIDIA - price for performance is just completely horrible, more so on the mid range end and any other spot (it was either the 960 should of had near 780 performance for $200-$220 USD or the 960 should of had its performance right now for $150-$170 USD and push the 750 Ti back down to $120 USD instead of $150 USD)

But man I tell ya I really felt it with the 960 because I have use for CUDA and I also game but the performance was disappointing for the price they're asking

Where do you live where its $220 for a 960? Right now its flat at $200. 

Where do you live where its $220 for a 960? Right now its flat at $200. 

give it a second read

System: Intel Core i3 3240 @ 3.4GHz, EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB ACX 2.0, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Kingston HyperX RAM, ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0 Motherboard, Corsair CX430 W Power Supply