Do you drive auto or manual?

as96

This is probably going to end up a Europe vs North America but... let's see what people drive  :D

I'll start, as 99% of people in Italy I drive a car with manual transmission.

I prefer to drive a stick... but I have an Auto for the moment.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

For daily driving, I prefer automatic. When I eventually buy a "fun car", probably a jeep or old 4x4 toyota tacoma, it'll be manual for sure.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Currently driving a manual. Thinking about getting an automatic sometime too

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I drive an automatic suzuki aerio. though if I had the choice I would have picked a manual car and learned how to drive one (my parents only have auto transmition. so I never had a try on manual)

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I'm just going to say that in the U.S. I've never seen anyone drive manual...

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

My Honda Civic is manual and still love driving that car.  My BMW M3 has a DCT tranny with the flappy paddle shifter.....don't know whether to count that as a manual or auto.  My Dodge Ram 2500 is Auto but I love the Diesel engine noise.

I have a potato!

I'm just going to say that in the U.S. I've never seen anyone drive manual...

A lot of people here drive manual, you just have to keep your eyes open. Given, most are automatic.

Both :) 

Manual in L.A. stop and go traffic...

:lol:

System: Thinkpad T460

Automatic.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge WIFI | RAM: G.SKILL RIPJAWS 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL16 | GPU: XFX 6700XT 12GB | Case: Deepcool Matrexx 70 | Storage: XPG Gammix Gen3x4 M.2 (NVMe) 256GB - ADATA SU 740 SSD 500GB - T-FORCE Vulcan 2.5" SSD 500GB - Mushkin Enhanced Source 2.5" 500GB SSD - Gigabyte Aorus 2TB NVMe Gen 4  | PSU: Enermax Triathlor Semi-Modular ECO 800w 80 PLUS Bronze | Display: MSI Optix MAG27OVC 144Hz | Cooling: Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B | OS: Windows 11 Home | Steam Deck 

PC Peripherals: 

Mouse: G502 Hero & Razer Basilisk HyperSpeed Wireless | Keyboard: Ducky One Mini 65% | Mousepad: Techsource Topo Black | DAC: Schitt Fulla 2 & SYBA USB DAC | Headset: Alienware AW510H & Astro A40 TR | Speakers: Logitech Z323 

Auto, even though the car I drive have ''flippy'' manual 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

Option 3: I don't.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

both, pref auto since i rarely need the better powervfound in the manuals my famly has.

Nothing to see here, move along

I love the experience of driving a manual. My knee and ankle joints however, strongly disagree. On a city with lots of traffic you've gotta drive an automatic.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I prefer automatic to manual. Mainly because the idea that manuals are faster seems like complete bollocks to me.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

A lot of people here drive manual, you just have to keep your eyes open. Given, most are automatic.

Most of them are STI's, Civics, Acuras, or the likes. 

Mostly just tuner cars or classics.

It just isn't ideal in most cities.

System: Thinkpad T460

I die a little inside everytime I drive an automatic, and my left foot still looks for the clutch anyway so ...

both, pref auto since i rarely need the better powervfound in the manuals my famly has.

What? Manual doesn't give your car any more power than an Auto variant....

What? Manual doesn't give your car any more power than an Auto variant....

I know thatt, the way it is worded means out of the vehicles my family has, the manuals are more powerful, than the automatics, the manuals at my house have on average 240 more horsepower than the automatics.

Nothing to see here, move along

I have to drive a manual every car I drive. Even our minivan had a 5 speed conversion. I honestly hate automatics with a fiery passion.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

My Honda Civic is manual and still love driving that car.  My BMW M3 has a DCT tranny with the flappy paddle shifter.....don't know whether to count that as a manual or auto.  My Dodge Ram 2500 is Auto but I love the Diesel engine noise.

The M3 counts as a Auto, since it is usually in that mode right? 

The M3 counts as a Auto, since it is usually in that mode right? 

No. That's still an automatic. 

Unless it has a physical clutch. Then its a manual.