Apple sues Samsung over S6 and S6 edge!

Oh come on Samsung, Apple is totally justified in this. The S6 is a CARBON COPY OF THE IPHONE 6. Literally the entire design looks like an iPhone, with the button, the outfacing camera, the whole body itself, all EXACTLY THE SAME. The bottom charging spots from that picture in the OP, they are literally identical. There's no way that Samsung will win, this is just plain ridiculous by Samsung.

Maybe this will force Samsung to be original in their design, I mean they are just copycats.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Thoughts:

HOLY SHIT THOSE THINGS LOOK LIKE THEY WERE MADE BY THE SAME COMPANY!

More Thoughts:

WTF IS WRONG WITH APPLE?!

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

Am i the only one here that thinks they both look like phones? That's it. Are they similiar? Yeah, but, it's a phone...so. Aux on the bottom left because most people are right handed, charge port in the center which is where it always has been.

I don't get it. I also hate apple because of why they're considered a 'premium' brand and all the not so smart things they do.

CPU Intel i7 8700k | Motherboard ASUS Z370-E | RAM Corsair Vengeance 16GB(8x 2GB) | GPU Asus Strix 1080ti | Case Corsair 570X | Storage Samsung 960 NVME M.2, Intel 530 240GB ssd, WD Caviar Black 1TB | PSU Corsair AX1200iCooling XSPC Photon 270 reservoir, D5 pump, Raystorm cpu block, and an EX360 rad | Keyboard Corsair k70 rgb | MousLogitech Proteus Spectrum rgb

People aren't competing the same way in music. Though lawsuits happen for blatant copies, it's not the same. Samsung copies because they aren't relevant otherwise.

That's the reason I see bands copy other bands though, so they can be relevant. There's this band with someone I know in it that has 7 members, but I can name probably 6 mainstream touring bands that they more than likely ripped their sound from.

It's the same thing more or less. If every phone manufacturer went the Samsung route and just ripped designs from Apple, there'd be little to no originality with phone design. Same with music.

Maybe this will force Samsung to be original in their design, I mean they are just copycats.

Honestly, I think Samsung has copied Sony's phones a lot over the years too. The waterproofing, glass back, etc.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Thoughts:

HOLY SHIT THOSE THINGS LOOK LIKE THEY WERE MADE BY THE SAME COMPANY!

More Thoughts:

WTF IS WRONG WITH APPLE?!

Am i the only one here that thinks they both look like phones? That's it. Are they similiar? Yeah, but, it's a phone...so. Aux on the bottom left because most people are right handed, charge port in the center which is where it always has been.

I don't get it. I also hate apple because of why they're considered a 'premium' brand and all the not so smart things they do.

They are both phones but the average consumer knows Samsung copied. I heard people saying that at the release.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

this will be fun to watch

also why doesnt htc sue apple for coping their back design :P

iphone2a-630.jpg

/april

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Honestly, I think Samsung has copied Sony's phones a lot over the years too. The waterproofing, glass back, extremely high quality camera, etc.

Sony phones are amazing.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

iphone2a-630.jpg

Always wondered that myself, HTC has every right to I suppose!

Hail Sithis!

I dose look a little to similar.

A lot similar

Hail Sithis!

They are both phones but the average consumer knows Samsung copied. I heard people saying that at the release.

:rolleyes:  I don't get it. Does this kind of stuff happen with tv designs?

CPU Intel i7 8700k | Motherboard ASUS Z370-E | RAM Corsair Vengeance 16GB(8x 2GB) | GPU Asus Strix 1080ti | Case Corsair 570X | Storage Samsung 960 NVME M.2, Intel 530 240GB ssd, WD Caviar Black 1TB | PSU Corsair AX1200iCooling XSPC Photon 270 reservoir, D5 pump, Raystorm cpu block, and an EX360 rad | Keyboard Corsair k70 rgb | MousLogitech Proteus Spectrum rgb

Its funny how many people didnt even check the source. I see people just read a few qoutes and title.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Just makes me laugh because Samsung still supply about 40% of the chips Apple use for the 6 and 6+

Samsung the actual mothership doesn't care what its divisions do. Samsung proper actually treats each division as a separate company. They actively encourage that the manufacturing arm do whatever they want, much to the annoyance of the mobile division. 

Honestly, if I could show you the internal stuff you'd laugh. So much internal fighting and bitching because there are no favourites. Thats why Samsungs chip making division can sell to everyone and thats why Apple can still sue Samsung. Since they aren't suing the company they actually do business with. 

Samsung the actual mothership doesn't care what its divisions do. Samsung proper actually treats each division as a separate company. They actively encourage that the manufacturing arm do whatever they want, much to the annoyance of the mobile division. 

Honestly, if I could show you the internal stuff you'd laugh. So much internal fighting and bitching because there are no favourites. Thats why Samsungs chip making division can sell to everyone and thats why Apple can still sue Samsung. Since they aren't suing the company they actually do business with. 

Whatever makes money, they don't care about changing things unless they need to. Samsungs phone division is a mess!

Hail Sithis!

iphone2a-630.jpg

/april

This is what I mean. So the iPhone looks like the HTC One and the S6 looks like the iPhone. So everybody copies everyone else. Then, everybody sues everyone else and the whole industry never moves forward.

That's the reason I see bands copy other bands though, so they can be relevant. There's this band with someone I know in it that has 7 members, but I can name probably 6 mainstream touring bands that they more than likely ripped their sound from.

It's the same thing more or less. If every phone manufacturer went the Samsung route and just ripped designs from Apple, there'd be little to no originality with phone design. Same with music.

You have a point, but music and consumer electronics are not the same. Music is an art. The whole idea is to express yourself, contrary to consumer electronics. In this industry, the whole idea is to get money from you. I am also a musician and I do not play to make money but because it is what I like to do not because I want to get rich off of it.

Perfectly justifiable if you ask me. The carphone Warehouse by me had the S6 and S6 edge on a display with the iPhone 6(+) just opposite, and I saw a few people look at the samsung and walk towards them, then realise they weren't the iPhone and walk away.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Samsung just doesn't give a shit. Copy copy copy. Apple might be idiots for making those designs in the first place, since the 6/6+ aren't THAT GREAT in the design department, but Samsung are bigger idiots for outright copying the design. 

Oh well, imitation and flattery. Can't beat em, join em. Samsung is effectively saying they can't sell a phone if it doesn't look like an iPhone. 

have we run out of combinations ? i mean it's a rectangular piece of hardware, what else can be done to not be a copycat of someone else's phone ?  i belive no matter what's been done they all look similar to something that has been made in the past 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

have we run out of combinations ? i mean it's a rectangular piece of hardware, what else can be done to not be a copycat of someone else's phone ?  i belive no matter what's been done they all look similar to something that has been made in the past 

Rhombus shaped phones. That is the future. 

Or perhaps a very sharp triangle. Like a pizza. 

And you can never forget Picassos's famous quote:

"Good artists copy, great artists steal." And Steve Jobs saying " We have always been shameless about stealing great ideas"

Rhombus shaped phones. That is the future. 

Or perhaps a very sharp triangle. Like a pizza. 

that would solve the bendgade as triangle is the most strongest structure in the world and perhaps pyramid form 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

that would solve the bendgade as triangle is the most strongest structure in the world and perhaps pyramid form 

A pyramidal phone would be dope. 4 different sides? Even a screen on the bottom? 

This is truly revolutionary territory. 

A pyramidal phone would be dope. 4 different sides? Even a screen on the bottom? 

This is truly revolutionary territory. 

Imagine all the people sitting on it accidentally.

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker