Apple sues Samsung over S6 and S6 edge!

Imagine all the people sitting on it accidentally.

Imagine those that sit on it purposely ;)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Crapple is going at it again!

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

if you haven't noticed most cellphones are starting to look similar, it's just because apple came up with one of the most efficient cellphone layouts, and it's not that others are trying to copy (that being said it looks like samsung is trolling apple with the s6), but other options and layouts/designs would just be inferior and sell poorly.

Abigail: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.5GHz 1.170v / EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Classified  / ASRock Z97 Extreme6 / Corsair H110i GT / 4x4Gb G.Skill Ares 1866MHz @ CAS9 / Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb SSD / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM / NZXT H440 Blue / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2

Peripherals: BenQ XL2411z 24" 144hz 1080p / ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1080p / Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD650 / Schiit Audio Modi 2 / Magni 2 / Blue Yeti Blackout

Imagine all the people sitting on it accidentally.

I can see the unboxing therapy video right now...Lew trying with all the might his nerdy existence has to break the mighty pyramid. 

Imagine those that sit on it purposely ;)

they probably also set it to vibrate in the accident  ;)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

You have a point, but music and consumer electronics are not the same. Music is an art. The whole idea is to express yourself, contrary to consumer electronics. In this industry, the whole idea is to get money from you. I am also a musician and I do not play to make money but because it is what I like to do not because I want to get rich off of it.

My point still stands though, regardless of it being phone design versus music. They both require creative skills.

I am pretty sure Samsung does this on purpose. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I think it's stupid.

Apple has a patent for the button layout? Sorry Apple but Samsung used this layout before you were even making phones. In fact, it was Apple that changed to Samsung's layout with the release of the iPhone 5 (moved the power button from the top to the side).

A patent for where the antenna band is located? So nobody is allowed to have an antenna band on the lower half of the side of the phone? Come on...

What else is similar on the two phones?

Well both are made out of aluminum but that's hardly unique to the iPhone and if you can patent the looks of aluminum then they might as well go after coca cola for making their cans in it...

The I/O port is in the same location... The same location Samsung have had it in since before Apple made their phones.

The speakers are in the same place. The same place a lot of other phone companies has it in. I mean, there aren't exactly a lot of places to it in.

The backs are completely different so I don't see anything they could be sued for there.

I don't think you can patent "nothing" so I don't see any reason for a lawsuit regarding the top of the phone.

The sides are different if you ignore the button layout (which Samsung used first).

The front is basically just a screen. I dare anyone to figure out a way to make it look different, because it's impossible to do if you want a physical button on it.

Are they similar? Absolutely.

Why are they similar? Because the iPhone has next to no details on it. It's like making a square with 4 wheels on it and going "hey! Ford, BMW, Tesla and everyone else is copying my design!". It's ridiculous.

If anything, both Samsung and Apple (as well as lots of other companies) have been "copying" Sony in terms of smartphone design, but you don't see Sony running around suing everyone for it.

And no I don't think HTC should sue Apple for  the similarities between the M7/M8 and the iPhone 6 either.

I am 100% dead serious when I say that these patents are so broad that Samsung could still be sued for similarities even if this was their next phone design:
post-216-0-36521400-1427817685.jpg

That's not very nice of you beebskadoo... It's still the 31th where I live.

While I don't think resemblance is a good enough ground for a patent lawsuit, this time I have to agree with Apple, it's just TOO similar in too many ways.

Come on Samsung, you have all the money you need for all the R&D you want... there's really no need to copy Apple. Besides the iPhone 6 isn't the best looking phone they've done either imo. This kind of thing soils the image of android to the average uneducated consumer, too.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'd rather have an iPhone than use a Samsung phone. I don't see the appeal Samsung phones have. They're ugly to me and TouchWiz is awful.

And TouchWiz is awful because ?? 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

And TouchWiz is awful because ?? 

Because I'm not 80 years old. And it's a bloated piece of shit last I checked.

Explain to me how they look similar, and then try to argue that samsung is copying the visual design language of apple. Note that component placement like headphone jacks, buttons, etc are not part of the visual design language, unless you are of the opinion that you should be able to patent doorhandle & engine placement of a car, or the size and placement of fans on a case.

If you cannot describe the design of both phones within these bounds, then you are not fit to pass judgement.

To me, both phones have a very different design language, and I don't like either of them.

That's no moon, that's a death ball !
K'Nex Server -- R9 290 Alpenföhn Peter Review -- Philips BDM4065UC Review
CPU Intel i5-4760K @ 4.3Ghz MEM 4x 4GB Cucial Ballistix 1600 LP MOBO Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU 980Ti G1 @ 1.47Ghz SSD 3x Samsung 840 EVO 240GB Raid0 CASE Silverstone SG10 DISPLAY Philips BDM4065UC 40" UHD

I think it's stupid.

Apple has a patent for the button layout? Sorry Apple but Samsung used this layout before you were even making phones. In fact, it was Apple that changed to Samsung's layout with the release of the iPhone 5 (moved the power button from the top to the side).

A patent for where the antenna band is located? So nobody is allowed to have an antenna band on the lower half of the side of the phone? Come on...

What else is similar on the two phones?

Well both are made out of aluminum but that's hardly unique to the iPhone and if you can patent the looks of aluminum then they might as well go after coca cola for making their cans in it...

The I/O port is in the same location... The same location Samsung have had it in since before Apple made their phones.

The speakers are in the same place. The same place a lot of other phone companies has it in. I mean, there aren't exactly a lot of places to it in.

The backs are completely different so I don't see anything they could be sued for there.

I don't think you can patent "nothing" so I don't see any reason for a lawsuit regarding the top of the phone.

The sides are different if you ignore the button layout (which Samsung used first).

The front is basically just a screen. I dare anyone to figure out a way to make it look different, because it's impossible to do if you want a physical button on it.

Are they similar? Absolutely.

Why are they similar? Because the iPhone has next to no details on it. It's like making a square with 4 wheels on it and going "hey! Ford, BMW, Tesla and everyone else is copying my design!". It's ridiculous.

If anything, both Samsung and Apple (as well as lots of other companies) have been "copying" Sony in terms of smartphone design, but you don't see Sony running around suing everyone for it.

And no I don't think HTC should sue Apple for  the similarities between the M7/M8 and the iPhone 6 either.

I am 100% dead serious when I say that these patents are so broad that Samsung could still be sued for similarities even if this was their next phone design:

attachicon.gifThe Office Tablet.jpg

That's not very nice of you beebskadoo... It's still the 31th where I live.

yeah some people don't click the  source and then complain to others that I'm trolling. Jokes on them lol morons. yes it was obvious that it was an April fools joke, and those same losers fell for it last year :P

I even linked to my last years April fools joke.

but, you...I like you <3 gg

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Because I'm not 80 years old. And it's a bloated piece of shit last I checked.

What ?? how is that a reason ?? not being a 80 years old ?? at least make some valuable reasons.

iOS is bloated too so is Vanilla Android, bloatware is subjective, Play Newsstand, Google Now, News & weather, Slides/Doc/Sheets, Hangouts are bloatware to me, see bloatware is subjective.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Particulary looking at the bottom I/O, yes they're quite similar.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

So this is an april fools joke? That surprises me more, considering the history of these two companies.

I do think you set off a bit of a flame war.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

So this is an april fools joke? That surprises me more, considering the history of these two companies.

I do think you set off a bit of a flame war.

I can't help that there are stupid people that don't bother to check the source. :P

Not meant to be a flame war, it was more of as throwback to last years joke.

Hail Sithis!

What ?? how is that a reason ?? not being a 80 years old ?? at least make some valuable reasons.

iOS is bloated too so is Vanilla Android, bloatware is subjective, Play Newsstand, Google Now, News & weather, Slides/Doc/Sheets, Hangouts are bloatware to me, see bloatware is subjective.

TouchWiz feels like I'm using an old Blackberry.

Bloatware is subjective to a point.

TouchWiz feels like I'm using an old Blackberry.

Bloatware is subjective to a point.

Why does it feel like that ?? and old Blackberry means ??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Why does it feel like that ?? and old Blackberry means ??

If you've never had a Blackberry from back in the day, then you won't understand.

If you've never had a Blackberry from back in the day, then you won't understand.

Back in the day you mean 2010 or 2005 ?? and why does it feel that way ?? and you about the Android experience don't you  ?? you can always use a launcher.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Back in the day you mean 2010 or 2005 ?? and why does it feel that way ?? and you about the Android experience don't you  ?? you can always use a launcher.

Holy fuck can you please chill with the question marks??????????

I mean ten years ago. And I have no earthly idea what the next half of your post means.

I mean ten years ago. And I have no earthly idea what the next half of your post means.

Launchers are part of the Android experience so you can always use those, that's why I asked do you know about the Android experience.

So 2005 that's out of my experience.  

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Question marks add legitimacy! 

Also, @Blade of Grass can you just go ahead and lock this thread? Its a troll thread, not tech news; the same kind of shitposting that people want off of Tech News in the first place.