LGBT community

carguy86

Yeah the way you explained it sounded really harsh, you probably didn't mean it to come off that way.

If it sounded that way I'm sorry. I can be a bit blunt sometimes. It wasn't my intention to upset you I'm just trying to be as clear as possible, which I guess just meant no sugar-coating?

:0/

I don't really know what to say, apart from just try and understand her in the way that you want her to understand you. That doesn't mean understand, agree with and adopted her belief system, that means try and understand why she needs to believe that stuff so very much. :0/

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

If it sounded that way I'm sorry. I can be a bit blunt sometimes. It wasn't my intention to upset you I'm just trying to be as clear as possible, which I guess just meant no sugar-coating?

:0/

I don't really know what to say, apart from jut try and understand her in the way that you want her to understand you. That doesn't mean understand, agree with and adopted her belief system, that means try and understand why she needs to believe that stuff so very much. :0/

No harm done its better to be blunt then sugar coat something.

I'm just completely giving up at this point. I've done what I could, then let my dad try what he could and now they are both against me.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

I'm just completely giving up at this point. I've done what I could, then let my dad try what he could and now they are both against me.

Why do you feel they're against you?

What is it that makes you think he's gone from supporting you to being against you?

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Well, you wont have to live with them forever, and maybe as time passes, things will look up. At least, that's how I see things. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Why do you feel they're against you?

What is it that makes you think he's gone from supporting you to being against you?

Any little thing I've done that he doesn't like the way it came out or its been done. He will get in my face and just yell at me till I break. Its been a few days like that and today it's because I was nice enough to cook an Easter meal(which I didn't have to do) but didn't make anything for dessert so I had them both yelling at me about it. 

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

well i chikened out, i just cant find the courage to tell my father that im bi. :unsure:  

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

well i chikened out, i just cant find the courage to tell my father that im bi. :unsure:  

Ah, that's a big issue. It took me a few months to pluck up the courage to tell my parents I am gay! :D

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Ah, that's a big issue. It took me a few months to pluck up the courage to tell my parents I am gay! :D

it has taken two years, today was the closest i have ever been to telling him. 

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

it has taken two years, today was the closest i have ever been to telling him. 

Just another step forward to doing it. ;) 

Any little thing I've done that he doesn't like the way it came out or its been done. He will get in my face and just yell at me till I break. Its been a few days like that and today it's because I was nice enough to cook an Easter meal(which I didn't have to do) but didn't make anything for dessert so I had them both yelling at me about it.

Sounds a lot like my father... At least the last time I saw him some 5 or so years ago.

I have a suspicion that the rage isn't really about you. People don't get that angry about other people in my experience, it seems far more likely that there's something going on in their lives other than you that's making them ragey.

If there has been anything I've leant its that some people simply aren't worth the emotional trauma. Even parents.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Sounds a lot like my father... At least the last time I saw him some 5 or so years ago.

I have a suspicion that the rage isn't really about you. People don't get that angry about other people in my experience, it seems far more likely that there's something going on in their lives other than you that's making them ragey.

If there has been anything I've leant its that some people simply aren't worth the emotional trauma. Even parents.

I can only hope its not about me. I don't know anything that goes on with them besides the time I go to cook something for myself and they are talking. 

|King Of The Lost|

I can only hope its not about me. I don't know anything that goes on with them besides the time I go to cook something for myself and they are talking.

Look at it logically. Cooking for yourself in whichever style you prefer, does it seem a reasonable thing to get angry about?

I know its hard, I've been there. My recommendation would be to attempt to limit contact. Try to judge when the stupid angry rage will come out and avoid those times completely. If its causing too much pain just focus on getting the hell outta there.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

This is really just conjecture but looking at it from a neurological perspective, it seems possible you might have triggered a basic self-defense response that's interfering with their higher processes. It's probably fear and a need for escape that causes your mum (at least) to hold fast to her religious beliefs and your father's probably just falling in line since it's the path of least resistance. The more effective you are in showing them the illogic of faith the more it'll trigger their rationalisation, the more deeply they'll become entrenched and the worse the situation will become.

My advice would be to forget about trying to attain your ideal set of circumstances and just look at doing the best with what you have available to you.

It sucks, I know, but there's no way you're going to be able to talk them round. You just have to leave them to their beliefs and accept them as they are.

My advice would be to just tell them you prayed over it and God's made you straight, just to get them off your back and being nice to you again, so that you can start figuring out how to move on with your own life outside of the family home. :0/

Left my mother alone and.... now my dad is now taking my mom's side, pardon me while I go curl up in a corner.

Same happened to me. My mom could care less if it weren't for my dad.

"Rawr XD"

Idk if I'm ever going to come out to anyone, not because I'm scared, but because I don't really care or think that my sexuality (kinda bi/pan but hot dudes don't turn me on but I'm cool with doing gay shit and having a bf) defines me. I guess it doesn't really matter to me that much or at least not enough for me to discuss it with people.

wat happened to the thread :( so empty 

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Idk if I'm ever going to come out to anyone, not because I'm scared, but because I don't really care or think that my sexuality (kinda bi/pan but hot dudes don't turn me on but I'm cool with doing gay shit and having a bf) defines me. I guess it doesn't really matter to me that much or at least not enough for me to discuss it with people.

If people are going to judge you, they're not worth your time. 

wat happened to the thread :( so empty

I'm planning a new project/build called Kepler's Revenge. So that has taken up a lot of my time.

|King Of The Lost|

• 2 weeks later...

if you want a laugh look up brick stone on youtube (relevant to thread)

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

if you want a laugh look up brick stone on youtube (relevant to thread)

I've seen that guy before, I love what he does to the westboro baptist church.

I've seen that guy before, I love what he does to the westboro baptist church.

especial the dildo mic >.>

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Lol, I never even saw that this thread was a thing. Wish I payed attention >_>

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4.7GHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 | Motherboard: X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB | Case: NCase M1 v6.0 | SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB, 860 Evo 1TB | CPU Cooler: H100i ELITE CAPELLIX | MonitorsLG 27GN950-B 4K 165Hz |