LGBT community

carguy86
3 minutes ago, Daring said:

I only have one USB3 to SATA adapter, but I do have a machine with enough spare SATA ports to plug in both drives + the already-installed drives. Should I use that machine for the cloning process?

Yeah.  Obviously Windows is kinda a jerk about letting you clone it's own OS partition while it's running.  It's kinda busy USING that so it won't stop changing it.  Some software lets you do it by rebooting it and then doing whatever tasks you asked it to do before WIndows starts.  But it's a LOT easier to do with just a separate computer that has total access to both drives.  Using internal SATA cables will work just fine, the dock I use just makes for less hassle.

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

Yeah.  Obviously Windows is kinda a jerk about letting you clone it's own OS partition while it's running.  It's kinda busy USING that so it won't stop changing it.  Some software lets you do it by rebooting it and then doing whatever tasks you asked it to do before WIndows starts.  But it's a LOT easy to do with just a separate computer that has total access to both drives.  Using internal SATA cables will work just fine, the dock I use just makes for less hassle.

Alright, cool. I'll take care of it this weekend.

I tried to look for the black and red umbrella in this music video but I can't find it in stores. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

On 12/31/2016 at 0:00 PM, wrathoftheturkey said:

I hate pretty people

Based on experience and by the experiences of some friends, they are the ones more likely to cheat because they know themselves that they're pretty as if the world revolves around them and they think that their partner won't leave them because they're pretty. 

7n3D2xI.gif.e2b5f1d8ca56c60609a8221f27ebc8e6.gif

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

50 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

(Seven months later)

I tend to overlook posts especially my first post in this thread was back in December. 

1 hour ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

(Seven months later)

Although I'm probably hastily generalizing pretty people. But my views about them became myopic unfortunately due to my experience and experiences of friends dating either pretty girls or pretty men. 

1 hour ago, hey_yo_ said:

And that's why people don't like me. Oh well, the lifestyle of roasting people is far better than trying to impress fake ass hoes.

Edited by Dan Castellaneta
Let's clarify myself a bit.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

2 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

And that's why people don't like me. Oh well, the lifestyle of roasting people is far better than trying to impress fake ass hoes.

Pro Tip: Bragging about how you don't give a fuck means that you give a fuck.  People who actually don't give a fuck don't feel a need to have others see and acknowledge that they don't give a fuck.

Bonus: Any attempt to argue otherwise would also require you to demonstrate that you give a fuck about my opinions on your not giving a fuck.  To even make the effort to say that you don't care what I think is you demonstrating that you are what I think.

8 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Pro Tip: Bragging about how you don't give a fuck means that you give a fuck.  People who actually don't give a fuck don't feel a need to have others see and acknowledge that they don't give a fuck.

Fuck.

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

Bonus: Any attempt to argue otherwise would also require you to demonstrate that you give a fuck about my opinions on your not giving a fuck.  To even make the effort to say that you don't care what I think is you demonstrating that you are what I think.

Uhm... Taylor Swift? She wrote two songs about her haters basically saying she doesn't care, which only proves she cares too much. 

596afe357ba7f_giphy(21).gif.b1cd5adc5165777693152db9b542bedb.gif596afe34739ca_giphy(22).gif.ca02573588c62965be5882e203db41dc.gif

Also, this thread now reached 30k replies. I was thinking if there would be awards like a silver play button if this thread reaches 100k replies. 

596b02bad4995_30kreplies.PNG.363940495f697c0172ac92b8813fc0cf.PNG

Edited by hey_yo_

3e980a9b43912705f0201322a9e4b328.png.516d42dc9befc4eef315fa0afe635c7f.png

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

I'm doing it.  I'm recycling a laptop into an ITX desktop.  Weird Science stuff going on here. :o

Followed :3

24 minutes ago, Daring said:

No, Microsoft killed Windows Phone.

But... it's the developers are very discriminating against Windows Phone... 

?

10 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

But... it's the developers are very discriminating against Windows Phone... 

?

Oh, those poor, oppressed Windows Phone users xD

Speaking of, its userbase certainly helped Windows Phone never gain any meaningful market share. Their rampart fanboyism and leaping to the defense of their favorite mobile OS did more to turn people away from it than towards it. Shit like this, accusing developers of "discriminating" against them, and then bringing up this statistic that developers somehow "make more money" on a platform with 1% market share than a platform with 80% market share and another with 18% market share without ever bringing up proof of that other than anecdotal evidence from the same few developers, didn't help a bit. Even then, Microsoft themselves is the biggest contributor to the failure of Windows Phone.

I believe Panos Panay put Microsoft's lack of understanding of the consumer market best when he said "I got shit to do, I don't have the time to play with my phone." during the Lumia 950 reveal. The problem with that is people are attached to their smartphone. When they don't need to pay attention to something else, they're on their phone. That is "small loan of a million dollars"-level out of touch. Really, when you look at why Windows Phone failed, through Microsoft's own messaging... then add the rabid fanbase to the equation... it really is no wonder why it failed.

53 minutes ago, Daring said:

Speaking of, its userbase certainly helped Windows Phone never gain any meaningful market share. Their rampart fanboyism and leaping to the defense of their favorite mobile OS did more to turn people away from it than towards it. Shit like this, accusing developers of "discriminating" against them, and then bringing up this statistic that developers somehow "make more money" on a platform with 1% market share than a platform with 80% market share and another with 18% market share without ever bringing up proof of that other than anecdotal evidence from the same few developers, didn't help a bit. Even then, Microsoft themselves is the biggest contributor to the failure of Windows Phone.

Excuses like...

"...app situation will get better will get better in time..." or "...Windows Phone is honed specifically for businesses..." or "...Android has malware and lags often..."

Of all the fan boys I've encountered on the internet, Windows Phone/Microsoft fanboys are the most vicious and apologetic. 

59 minutes ago, Daring said:

I believe Panos Panay put Microsoft's lack of understanding of the consumer market best when he said "I got shit to do, I don't have the time to play with my phone." during the Lumia 950 reveal. The problem with that is people are attached to their smartphone. When they don't need to pay attention to something else, they're on their phone. That is "small loan of a million dollars"-level out of touch. Really, when you look at why Windows Phone failed, through Microsoft's own messaging... then add the rabid fanbase to the equation... it really is no wonder why it failed.

When I was watching Panos Panay during the Lumua 950 launch, he kinda sounds like a staunch evangelical pastor in the Church of Microsoft.

14 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

"...app situation will get better will get better in time..."

Still waiting 9_9 If anything, it's gotten worse since I left the platform in 2015.

"...Windows Phone is honed specifically for businesses..."

It was designed for consumers 9_9

"...Android has malware and lags often..."

If you download apps from every shady apk host and get a cheap-ass phone, or a Samsung, sure.

They are so bad, Michael Fisher, a former fan of the platform, called their behavior out on Pocketnow a few years ago, flat-out saying that Microsoft's fans are "killing" Windows Phone. But of course, in the comments they defended themselves as rational and Michael is just a blind Google/Apple fanboy. Oh man, talk about a complete lack of self-awareness! They're just as bad as bronies can be when it comes to that xD

At this point, the Windows takeover of the smartphone industry sounds like the "year of the Linux desktop" that every Linux diehard screams about. That is, it's not happening.

2 minutes ago, Daring said:

They are so bad, Michael Fisher, a former fan of the platform, called their behavior out on Pocketnow a few years ago, flat-out saying that Microsoft's fans are "killing" Windows Phone. But of course, in the comments they defended themselves as rational and Michael is just a blind Google/Apple fanboy. Oh man, talk about a complete lack of self-awareness! They're just as bad as bronies can be when it comes to that xD

Love Michael Fisher's reviews. He even called out Windows Phone users to stop making excuses for Windows Phone and he cannot in good conscience recommend the phone to anyone in his 950xl review. 

1 minute ago, hey_yo_ said:

Love Michael Fisher's reviews. He even called out Windows Phone users to stop making excuses for Windows Phone and he cannot in good conscience recommend the phone to anyone in his 950xl review. 

"But that review's from a few years ago! Things are different now!"

Why not name one thing in that video that still isn't in Windows 10 Mobile today? In his review of the Alcatel Idol 4S Windows, he still brings up a number of bugs that shouldn't be in any "finished" software.