LGBT community

carguy86
2 minutes ago, Tibbles said:

it's much better to just get a normal laptop and run a gnu/linux distro that has unix

same thing but cheap af lol

I mean A E S T H E T I C is pretty nice to have.

Me personally, I already have a run of the mill cheapo laptop that I could easily load up my favorite distro on to 

For me, If I do buy something from Apple it would because of their special A E S T H E T I C™ technology.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Just now, wcreek said:

Me personally, I already have a run of the mill cheapo laptop that I could easily load up my favorite distro on to 

For me, If I do buy something from Apple it would because of their special A E S T H E T I C™ technology.

Lol formatting and spacing on the forum ruined that a e s t h e t i c.

6 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Honestly not really, that's why personally if I was going to get a 13" MacBook Pro I would not spend $200 or so on the i7 for that model because Apple uses the ULV dual core i7s which are basically just number bumps that almost have no real tangible benefits. I believe ULV i5s and i7s are both hyper-threaded and both usually use the same iGPU.

The 15" MacBook Pro, I would because it's hyper-threaded vs not hyper-threaded

Thanks for that one. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

I'm considering of getting a Mac because:

1. I don't play a lot of games at this moment because work is sucking up all my energy.
  2. There are Windows 10 quirks that just pisses me off.

Just now, Tibbles said:

there are way cheaper non apple laptops with A E S T H E T I C™ technology.

lol

Like what? There's a couple options from HP that might be a little cheaper and look ok.

Dell's closest options would be about the same price as Apple.
But honestly I don't think Apple's pricing is actually that bad. I mean there's obviously an Apple tax or rather a premium to be had for Apple's hardware but for computers that directly compete with it cost roughly the same +/- $100-$300.

1 minute ago, hey_yo_ said:

I'm considering of getting a Mac because:

1. I don't play a lot of games at this moment because work is sucking up all my energy.
  2. There are Windows 10 quirks that just pisses me off.

Nah I get it. I've not had much time to play too many games because of work and a sleep schedule that has me almost either sleeping or at work. Which is unduly fault of my own. 

But I don't use my Win10 laptop that much because of my desktop and I've been thinking about eventually walking to work and if I were to start doing that I would likely leave a fair bit early and instead of draining the juice from my phone, I would want to bring a laptop with me that isn't heavy like my Win10 laptop and would fit into the lockers at work, unlike my Win10 laptop.
I mean for travel, I'd be more willing to bring the Win10 laptop because it's not as expensive so if it's damaged or something, I'm not out as much money. Not that I'd be concerned with something like that but still.

Windows 10 has been fine for me.

Just now, wcreek said:

Nah I get it. I've not had much time to play too many games because of work and a sleep schedule that has me almost either sleeping or at work. Which is unduly fault of my own. 

But I don't use my Win10 laptop that much because of my desktop and I've been thinking about eventually walking to work and if I were to start doing that I would likely leave a fair bit early and instead of draining the juice from my phone, I would want to bring a laptop with me that isn't heavy like my Win10 laptop and would fit into the lockers at work, unlike my Win10 laptop.
I mean for travel, I'd be more willing to bring the Win10 laptop because it's not as expensive so if it's damaged or something, I'm not out as much money. Not that I'd be concerned with something like that but still.

Windows 10 has been fine for me.

I don't know if it's Windows 10's fault or Dell's crappy optimization like yesterday when my laptop refuses to wake from sleep so I have to hard reset. Most of the time, it's fine.

59663ed9368e8_Screenshot(206).png.30f89d87af7dd6e655b272a7a0bcfe08.png59663ed837f7a_Screenshot(205).png.b714fb875e872a0399bd8adcfd00b29f.png

I mean, I should take Microsoft's work right.

Speaking of phones, what almost two months later I think I will be getting an S8+ in early August like the 4th or 11th if things go as intended.

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Speaking of phones, what almost two months later I think I will be getting an S8+ in early August like the 4th or 11th if things go as intended.

Or the next Note... https://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspence/2017/07/11/samsung-galaxy-note8-rumor-launch-date-leak/#b5a4ccd70df0

Samsung's Touch Wiz UI left a bad taste in me back when I owned a GN2 but there's something about the Note series that made me like it more than their Galaxy S series.

53 minutes ago, Tibbles said:

I'd blame that on microsoft, or bloatware if any.

Really, the first thing that someone should do with a brand new laptop is to reinstall Windows right away, fresh and only with the software that you want on it.

4 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

Or the next Note... https://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspence/2017/07/11/samsung-galaxy-note8-rumor-launch-date-leak/#b5a4ccd70df0

Samsung's Touch Wiz UI left a bad taste in me back when I owned a GN2 but there's something about the Note series that made me like it more than their Galaxy S series.

Its gotten better

wow this thread moves

well I aint gunna quote

But banks never cared about security, look how long it took them to get past the mag strip. Sure chip is good, but then they added Tap, which is yet another joke alongside mag strip.

I do agree that parents snooping around in your room is very uncool, however they have the right to do that. You just gotta learn to deal with it, and not be so careless and leave shit out for them to look at. It all gives you a reason to move out of their house when you are 18.

You could try talking to them in a reasonable manner. Otherwise you gotta start hiding shit and that is very unhealthy, even toxic.

1 minute ago, yathis said:

But banks never cared about security, look how long it took them to get past the mag strip. Sure chip is good, but then they added Tap, which is yet another joke alongside mag strip.

Yup. 
Well I think Android Pay/Samsung Pay/Apple Pay and contactless payments through tokenization is safer. 

But still EMV chip cards are still better than Mag stripe. I don't totally agree on MasterCard about having a finger print reader on the card itself. But maybe have pin pads that have fingerprint readers built into them and the banks would be equipped to register fingers to card(s) if the account owner(s) chose to do that.

5 hours ago, Tibbles said:

Imo I'd pick more software and customizability freedom but lesser premium looking laptop over a more locked down os and software with a premium looking device

most laptops today look pretty good imo, it's not like we're in the early 2000's

tibbles how to u run windows games on linux

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

4 minutes ago, Tibbles said:

wine or a vm

oh ok. I like linux. Just it cant play paladins or Rising storm OR battlegrounds (will buy it)

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

Just now, Tibbles said:

you could also dual-boot windows & linux

ssd and hdd full. and yes i want adobe creative cloud

Build

Spoiler

OMG HAI LUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

Build

Spoiler

luke no notice me :(

Build

Spoiler

Time to get it back to 69 I think

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 hours ago, Tibbles said:

you could also dual-boot windows & linux

You should disable Secure Boot from the UEFI settings first. 

55 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Time to get it back to 69 I think

69? This thread? 

3 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

69? This thread? 

On 7/10/2017 at 6:16 PM, hey_yo_ said:

Meanwhile...

69.PNG.430ab4e76bbcc118bf66bcf5c69f7c35.PNG

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Wait, Luke is already alive in the 70s? Is he a vampire? ? Look! 

IMG_5615.PNG.c6baf94d75f20d780bd88d8e5526fbbb.PNGIMG_5614.PNG.fde429fd14824f81525a3ba66f5f37ee.PNG

[/s]