LGBT community

carguy86
1 minute ago, Kumaresh said:

Not disgusting because of their piercings and tattoos, but rather due to their treatment of others. I've seen many people who outright hate anybody who does not belong to their particular group. And when I checked youtube for such examples, Most of the prominent examples I found looked like that. That is not to suggest anything about people with tattoos or piercings in general.

I get that, but there is still a rich history of discrimination behind they're views. We haven't exactly been treated well by religions and governments in the past. Or by society in general.

1 minute ago, DeezNoNos said:

OOH MY GOD U LIKE THAT BOOK TOOO. I love it. BUt i dont htink anyone likes that book here

I haven't read the book but the movie looks great c: 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

i was about to join the chat about the LGBT community and stuff ... but then i realized that i cant explain shit ... so i aint joining in ... 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

2 minutes ago, Kumaresh said:

I've seen the same kind of thing occur in other marginalized groups as well. Some people of those groups have been brought up and constantly told that they are oppressed ( sometimes true ), to the point that they begin outright hating those groups as a whole who they believe are oppressing them instead of seeking help for any issues they are facing.

The LGBT community is oppressed. But let's look at what you're suggesting. If I've understood you correctly, you're saying that people should seek help against oppression.

If you're being oppressed by your government, society, and religion - who do you seek help from? In the cases of westerners, where our government and society will help us, we frequently do turn to them for help. You can't blame someone for hating others who hate them with no reason. You can, however, talk to them.

1 minute ago, Kumaresh said:

Many groups of people rightfully feel indignant for having been marginalized by society for such a long time. But helping such groups to prosper is the only method by which society can afford reparations to them. Hating society does not solve any problems. Anger is not constructive in any way.

But that is incumbent on society, not on the victims.

28 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

HOW DARE YOU FORGET ABOUT ME?!?! :P

OH YEAH AND BTW WE HAVE THIS SPECIAL SHITHEAD @Mister2010 /s

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

1 minute ago, Strando123 said:

OH YEAH AND BTW WE HAVE THIS SPECIAL SHITHEAD @Mister2010 /s

IM NOT JUST A SPECIAL SHITHEAD ... IM THE WORLDS MOST SPECIAL SHITHEAD 

jk 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

4 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

IM NOT JUST A SPECIAL SHITHEAD ... IM THE WORLDS MOST SPECIAL SHITHEAD 

jk 

OH YEAH? WELL GIT GONE FROM MY THRONE!

/S

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Just now, Strando123 said:

OH YEAH? WELL GIT GONE FROM MY THRONE!

uhhmmm ... im not on your toilet :P

we should stop the shitposts

10 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

uhhmmm ... im not on your toilet :P

we should stop the shitposts

Yup, DE-DERAIL THE THREAD!

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

10 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I think I know how I want to go about this now. I'm probably gonna ask if he has feelings for me and if he doesn't, I'll either let time drag on or leave it be. 

And I'm going to be slightly angry with blizzard because they doing rolling restarts of servers for WoW and unfortunately they've done a restart and idk when the servers will be back.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

11 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I think I know how I want to go about this now. I'm probably gonna ask if he has feelings for me and if he doesn't, I'll either let time drag on or leave it be. 

He may have friends he can introduce you to. Then at the very least you'd know other bi/ gay guys.

2 hours ago, Kumaresh said:

Hating a group of people who blindly hate you is indeed a natural reaction. The problem is that breaking down prople into a particular group is problematic since we cant generalise everybody in that group. We say society oppresses the LGBT community, but finding who exactly in the society causes problems for the community is hard y. I can't think of a fitting response for those blind haters that would stop them from hating. In western society, there are indeed safeguards, but in other places ,they are screwed. According to Christianity, Homosexuality is a sin. So any devout person of that religion would look down upon homosexuals. However, hating everybody who follows that religion won't do much good and there are many Christians who approve of the LGBT community ( kinda hypocritical ). Sorry for my poor grammar and spelling, typing these out on my phone. Haters gonna hate. They are irrational people so talking sense to them is useless.

This thing about generalisation is kind of irrelevant - people are already in groups, nobody is trying to claim that the groups are homogeneous because that doesn't matter. you just need on shared characteristic in order to group things.

I have no idea what you're talking about with the society stuff - it's really easy to point out people who cause problems for LGBT people, it's anybody who thinks that we don't deserve equal rights, anybody who assaults us for our sexuality or gender identity, anybody who discriminates against us. That's something that's quite easy to find because it's pretty pervasive.

There's lots of things that are outdated in every religion, we shouldn't call people hypocrites for realising that, when their religion was penned thousands of years ago, it probably wasn't perfect.

Why do you think people who are angry at the world are irrational? There's an awful lot to be downright furious about. I never think talking to people is useless, until I've tried it.

I identify as a gay republican... is that weird?

11 minutes ago, RooR said:

Considering their stances on gay rights, very ;).

11 minutes ago, RooR said:

Unusual but not weird, I'd say.

Political parties are generally not a singular blob in manner of opinion or ideology, and the bigger a party is in the aspect of a nation the more prominent that will be.

But I need to catch the bus, I'll probably look in when I back.

/Zorbeltuss

4 minutes ago, Maxxie said:

Considering their stances on gay rights, very ;).

Okay, okay... hear me out.

I understand that a good amount of prominent Republicans are indeed against gay marriage, but hear me out. In the USA, we have made a mess of a whole lot of things that in my humble opinion are a little more serious/pressing than who can enter a contractual agreement (marriage) with who. While it may have a lot to do with my bleak view on marriage, I just think there are so many other things that are a little more important that this. I know that sounds very insensitive, I can have some unique view points for who and what I am. 

The Republican party should take notice, I could transform them into what they need to be, haha!

1 minute ago, RooR said:

Okay, okay... hear me out.

I understand that a good amount of prominent Republicans are indeed against gay marriage, but hear me out. In the USA, we have made a mess of a whole lot of things that in my humble opinion are a little more serious/pressing than who can enter a contractual agreement (marriage) with who. While it may have a lot to do with my bleak view on marriage, I just think there are so many other things that are a little more important that this. I know that sounds very insensitive, I can have some unique view points for who and what I am. 

The Republican party should take notice, I could transform them into what they need to be, haha!

I've heard some of my conservative friends say the same thing about gay rights in the UK. What is the most pressing issue, in your view?

16 minutes ago, Maxxie said:

I've heard some of my conservative friends say the same thing about gay rights in the UK. What is the most pressing issue, in your view?

More pressing issues? The failed War on Drugs, the failed warS in the Middle East, the failed health care system, the checks and balance system which is supposed to keep our government honest, the outrageous costs of schooling, genocide on mass scales that goes widely unnoticed throughout the world and by main stream media, the fact that our currency is backed by literally nothing. The fact that we no longer produce what is needed to sustain our own country, the fact that we fail to recognize these terrible foreign trade practices that have been implemented over the years, the fact that we jail more people than the next 7 countries combined and mostly for non-violent offences. That is to name a few.

As Americans we seem to forget the major world powers that have collapsed over the existence of man kind, civilizations thought to be so powerful, so productive and so advanced that have dwindled into dust. ( E.G. Ancient Rome; Ancient Egypt). We are far too complacent honestly and need to move forward to being self sufficient before we worry about all of this politically correct BS.

/Rant

Sorry... sometimes when I get asked these questions, i ramble on for a little bit too long.

@RooR

With the Democratic Party and the left in general being very SJW/Feminazi/Misandrist, it really makes it hard for me to sympathize with them. I think we need to do more to help people get out of poverty but also realize that any person regardless of race can be hit hard by poverty. Yes statistically some races are more likely to be impoverished but why is that? Could it be family life in those communities? Because I have a hard time believing it's evil whites or evil white men preventing people who aren't white from getting a decent paying job as there's the civil rights act of 1964 and well I'm not aware of any employer that isn't an equal opportunity employer. Which I don't think affirmative action is the best way to approach things either.

Some of what Trump says I think isn't great but I find it sort of grotesque how people think he'd cause a war when Hillary seemingly wants to go to war with Russia. The worst things I think Trump wants to do is to try to restrict abortion. What he's said about Muslims and Mexicans or otherwise illegal immigrants. Idk what to think.

Spoiler

Now I know it's not her actually suggesting a war with Russia or China, but it's pretty damn close and I'm pretty sure that's not what Trump wants to do.

I don't have a problem with the people who practice islam as long as they either are tolerant of LGBT people or supportive of LGBT people, which is a long shot for a variety of reasons, my problem is with Islam but it's not just Islam, I take issue with Christianity and Judaism too, doesn't mean I have an issue with those who are faithful to that religion, I just disagree with their religion because I'm an agnostic atheist and I think religion is a burden that would best to not exist any more but making that a reality isn't really practical or kind.

As far as what Trump said about illegal immigrants, I think people who come here undocumented or otherwise illegally should be given a second chance to be here legally, though from some statistic I found a while back the estimated number of illegal immigrants has gone down, but idk. I don't think he'd really build a wall since it seemed he backpedaled tremendously on that. 

I also think cannabis/weed should be legalized...

Gary Johnson, seems like an okay option though I disagree with some stuff he's said.

Jill Stein well, idk she seems like an okay option too.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization