LGBT community

carguy86
1 hour ago, Kumaresh said:

Your seats are so hairy..... My uncle had a dog. Whenever he brought her in the car, he brushed the seats. The house was like that for him too, he had to sweep and mop daily.

This dog sheds so much hair that we would need to brush, sweep and mop every three hours..... (Not really but he does shed quite heavily)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

1 hour ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

That M620 has better graphics than I expected, about on par with the NVS140M in a Dell I have. Guessing that's running at 1080p?

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

Hey, I came to this thread for advice.  I'm not gay, but I have a friend who recently came out to me.  
He wants to know how to break to his overly religious parents. (like... they aren't just Christians, they are zealous with their beliefs) Or if he shouldn't tell them.
I've been trying to discuss options with him, but I honestly don't have much insight and would like some advice, please?

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

1 hour ago, kaiju_wars said:

Hey, I came to this thread for advice.  I'm not gay, but I have a friend who recently came out to me.  
He wants to know how to break to his overly religious parents. (like... they aren't just Christians, they are zealous with their beliefs) Or if he shouldn't tell them.
I've been trying to discuss options with him, but I honestly don't have much insight and would like some advice, please?

Eh in this case it's probably of more harm that he comes out to his parents. 

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

3 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

Yea your friend shouldn't tell his/her parents.  Unless your friend doesn't rely on them anymore than it's ok.

28 minutes ago, Kosios said:

Yea your friend shouldn't tell his/her parents.  Unless your friend doesn't rely on them anymore than it's ok.

37 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Eh in this case it's probably of more harm that he comes out to his parents. 

Thanks guys.  I was thinking the same thing.  I'll try talking over it with him more. 

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

5 hours ago, TheElt said:

Don't mind me, just playing Terraria at 720p

Kekrarria.PNG

whilst running out of VRAM, but that's not important. It'll do +125MHz GPU core and +200MHz CPU on FSB, glorious.

rip

friend with modern pentium plays terraria at 720p/medium with ~50 fps.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

23 minutes ago, themctipers said:

rip

friend with modern pentium plays terraria at 720p/medium with ~50 fps.

Feels bad for him, I didn't see any FPS change going from low to high, GPU usage went up maybe a tiny bit. If the card had 256MB it'd run way better, but it does well for it's age

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

48 minutes ago, TheElt said:

Feels bad for him, I didn't see any FPS change going from low to high, GPU usage went up maybe a tiny bit. If the card had 256MB it'd run way better, but it does well for it's age

i dont. hes a asshole

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

19 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

1366x768.

Surprised you're only getting 30fps there, must really hate that iGPU

19 minutes ago, themctipers said:

i dont. hes a asshole

Ah, so you really just sabotaged his computer so he gets bad framerates. Gotcha :P

1 minute ago, TheElt said:

Ah, so you really just sabotaged his computer so he gets bad framerates. Gotcha :P

My asus kicks the ass off of my lenovo in everything except build quality...

7 minutes ago, TheElt said:

I didn't. 

But he does have lots of viruses and uses internet explorer. 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

25 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

My asus kicks the ass off of my lenovo in everything except build quality...

But the Asus doesn't get that neckbeard streetcred

19 minutes ago, themctipers said:

I didn't. 

But he does have lots of viruses and uses internet explorer. 

That's just, bleh, keep that man away from computers

1 hour ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

1366x768.

oh no... not that resolution.  We already have 720p, why did someone feel the need to take * x 768 (which worked fine for 4:3) and try to make a 16:9 res out of it!?  Now we have 1360 x 768 AND 1366 x 768, because that's smart, and neither of them are even perfectly 16:9! *facepalm*

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

31 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

oh no... not that resolution.  We already have 720p, why did someone feel the need to take * x 768 (which worked fine for 4:3) and try to make a 16:9 res out of it!?  Now we have 1360 x 768 AND 1366 x 768, because that's smart, and neither of them are even perfectly 16:9! *facepalm*

Yeah I hate it, especially that I have a 1360x768 monitor that I sometimes use with my laptop...

43 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Yeah I hate it, especially that I have a 1360x768 monitor that I sometimes use with my laptop...

That is also my flat screen TV currently attached to my desktop. It was a Christmas gift though, so it has to stay for the time being.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

5 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

That is also my flat screen TV currently attached to my desktop. It was a Christmas gift though, so it has to stay for the time being.

that resolution triggers me... Just use 720p!!! >:(

Spoiler

Xgka5.gif

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Hide contents

Xgka5.gif

That face, creepy. 

And even if 768P is a lousy resolution, it's superior to not running native on it (not as though I ever do in games, DSR fmw). 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Just now, Zodiark1593 said:

That face, creepy. 

And even if 768P is a lousy resolution, it's superior to not running native on it (not as though I ever do in games, DSR fmw). 

Well, yes, true, but it bothers me way too much that displays were ever manufactured at "16:9" 136* x 768 xD 

9 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Reveal hidden contents

Xgka5.gif

What about 1024x600?

1 minute ago, Daring said:

What about 1024x600?

I've never heard of or seen that before... please tell me it isn't really a thing...

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

I've never heard of or seen that before... please tell me it isn't really a thing...

It is. Pretty common on netbooks and $50 tablets.