LGBT community

carguy86
1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well, yes, true, but it bothers me way too much that displays were ever manufactured at "16:9" 136* x 768 xD 

Whatever dummy thought that was ever a good idea should be forced to sit in front of those displays for all eternity. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

2 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

oh no... not that resolution.  We already have 720p, why did someone feel the need to take * x 768 (which worked fine for 4:3) and try to make a 16:9 res out of it!?  Now we have 1360 x 768 AND 1366 x 768, because that's smart, and neither of them are even perfectly 16:9! *facepalm*

There's always 1360x765?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

21 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

There's always 1360x765?

wow, the math actually works on that... why has no one ever used it!?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

wow, the math actually works on that... why has no one ever used it!?

To maintain parity with 1024x768.

2 minutes ago, Daring said:

To maintain parity with 1024x768.

but why?  That worked fine back in the 4:3 days but people seemed perfectly fine going to 720p, and 900p and 1080p and so one for 16:9.  We even had "1050p" (god I hate that term) for 16:10... 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

10 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Toggle Frameskip. I think that's what causing the sluggishness of the game and not the actual hardware.

8 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

but why?  That worked fine back in the 4:3 days but people seemed perfectly fine going to 720p, and 900p and 1080p and so one for 16:9.  We even had "1050p" (god I hate that term) for 16:10... 

Reasons.

1 minute ago, Daring said:

Reasons.

Ah... I've derailed this thread for an entire page now over that resolution xD I told you it really bothers me... :P 

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Ah... I've derailed this thread for an entire page now over that resolution xD I told you it really bothers me... :P 

It bothers me too. When I bought my T420 I specifically searched for the 1600x900 resolution option on eBay, because I didn't want a 14" laptop with a 1366x768 display. Ugh, no. Leave that shit on small devices.

7 minutes ago, Kendragon said:

Toggle Frameskip. I think that's what causing the sluggishness of the game and not the actual hardware.

If I run the graphics settings lower, I can get 60fps.

But I'm selling this laptop for an outrageous 200 bucks

Because I have a laptop that handles terraria fine now 

2 minutes ago, Daring said:

It bothers me too. When I bought my T420 I specifically searched for the 1600x900 resolution option on eBay, because I didn't want a 14" laptop with a 1366x768 display. Ugh, no. Leave that shit on small devices.

Same... I knew I wanted 1080p for my laptop, partly because I needed the screen space, and partly because I couldn't live with myself if it was 136* x 768

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Same... I knew I wanted 1080p for my laptop, partly because I needed the screen space, and partly because I couldn't live with myself if it was 136* x 768

My next laptop will have a 1920x1080 display. Mostly because Lenovo discontinued the 1366x768 display option on T-series ThankPads.

2 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

If I run the graphics settings lower, I can get 60fps.

But I'm selling this laptop for an outrageous 200 bucks

Because I have a laptop that handles terraria fine now 

Try toggling the frameskip on the laptop that handles Terraria okay. If it doesn't do anything, then I'm wrong :P

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

My neighbors have touchscreen laptops with 1366x768 screens

With a FUCKING HASWELL CPU

FOR FUUUUUUCKS SAKE

The thing that bothers me the most is that it has become such a common resolution because anything higher requires "dual link" LVDS

And guess what my laptop doesn't have >:(

5 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

My neighbors have touchscreen laptops with 1366x768 screens

With a FUCKING HASWELL CPU

FOR FUUUUUUCKS SAKE

The thing that bothers me the most is that it has become such a common resolution because anything higher requires "dual link" LVDS

And guess what my laptop doesn't have >:(

I tried to avoid it as much as possible, hoping it would go away... if it really is as common as you say, then we've already lost xD Only time can save us from this cancer...

11 hours ago, TheElt said:

But the Asus doesn't get that neckbeard streetcred

That's just, bleh, keep that man away from computers

Haha yes I would. 

10 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

oh no... not that resolution.  We already have 720p, why did someone feel the need to take * x 768 (which worked fine for 4:3) and try to make a 16:9 res out of it!?  Now we have 1360 x 768 AND 1366 x 768, because that's smart, and neither of them are even perfectly 16:9! *facepalm*

School projectors went from 800x600 to 768p.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

8 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I tried to avoid it as much as possible, hoping it would go away... if it really is as common as you say, then we've already lost xD Only time can save us from this cancer...

Umm, It's been common for the past 7-8 years. Anything that wasn't high end of 17" got the 768P panel. Anandtech had been complaining about those crap panels for years as well. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

23 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Umm, It's been common for the past 7-8 years. Anything that wasn't high end of 17" got the 768P panel. Anandtech had been complaining about those crap panels for years as well. 

i got a crap 768p on a $800 laptop.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

When I last checked this thread it was filled with sexual innuendos, and now we are talking resolution..... I love it.

13 minutes ago, RooR said:

When I last checked this thread it was filled with sexual innuendos, and now we are talking resolution..... I love it.

Haha ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

5 dolla

5 dolla footlong....

All kids get a free 6"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.