LGBT community

carguy86

Meh can't stand Black Metal

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

23 minutes ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

My friend has an Epiphone Explorer guitar that I got to have a little play on(and when I say little, I mean like 30 microseconds. He didn't want me to damage it in any way). I've always loved the shape since I saw James Hetfield's from the late 80's early 90's. The one with "EET FUK" sticker up the back. There's just something about the aggressive yet balanced shape that I love, along with the Flying V shape too. But, liking the sound of bass much more than a guitar, especially when solo, it's super hard to find those two shapes for a good, beginner price. D: 

Heck, Leif Edling had a Flying V bass too that looked amazing. 

Hide contents

tumblr_mj3h73vhJv1ri8xq5o1_500.jpg 

I tend to go for guitars that are a bit more "Out there" 

I wanted to paint the warlock like Zakk wylde(Black label society)'s guitar 

Zakk-Wylde-Epiphone-Les-Paul.jpg

But with lime green instead of white xD 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, techswede said:

I tend to go for guitars that are a bit more "Out there" 

I wanted to paint the warlock like Zakk wylde(Black label society)'s guitar 

Zakk-Wylde-Epiphone-Les-Paul.jpg

But with lime green instead of white xD 

No, no, no. Zakk Wylde of Ozzy Osbourne ;)

And I adore Les Paul guitars. Though, if it's anyone's guitar, it's got to be Randy Rhoads! His guitar was fab! 

Not the black one with dots, but this: 

jackson_randy_rhoads_tribute_d1000_fr_70 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

3 minutes ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

No, no, no. Zakk Wylde of Ozzy Osbourne ;)

And I adore Les Paul guitars. Though, if it's anyone's guitar, it's got to be Randy Rhoads! His guitar was fab! 

Not the black one with dots, but this: 

Yeah yeah xD 

Now that is pretty :o 

----------------------

On the topic of music 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

2 hours ago, themctipers said:

i got burnt with a hotglue gun.

Try a high power soldering iron in your pinkey finger. Was trying to use a super shitty desoldering pump, the kickback from it knocked it off the joint, letting my hand slide right into the soldering iron.

That.

Fucking.

Hurt.

Just now, iamdarkyoshi said:

Try a high power soldering iron in your pinkey finger. Was trying to use a super shitty desoldering pump, the kickback from it knocked it off the joint, letting my hand slide right into the soldering iron.

That.

Fucking.

Hurt.

You have better skin tho since your older '-'

i was 9 when that happened.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

43 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

1:32 I crank it all the way up to 11 in my truck which uses vintage JBL Grand Touring audio equipment. 

And I'm in need of an amp and a speaker fixing kit.

image.jpeg

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Here's the link to my spotify playlist if any of you want to take a listen. It has 5,171 songs adding up to over 430hrs of music. Most of it is DnB, House, Techno, and Trance:  https://open.spotify.com/user/chriswierd/playlist/0zAEj4HFWIMpIG3dBv78BF

Spotify URI for  those w/ the desktop client: spotify:user:chriswierd:playlist:0zAEj4HFWIMpIG3dBv78BF

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

10 hours ago, techswede said:

Never been a massive fan of that body style. But i like the color^^ 

It was pretty good. Could get muddled at times though :/ But the pickups were alright for an entry level bass.

With my current off brand bass i get feedback issues sometimes and the sound is pretty poor.

Try one out in a store before buying^^ 

The neck on that rickenbacker is a bit too wide for my tastes. (I get bad hand cramps from playing wide-necked guitars..) 

But overall it looks nice :)

A muddled sound can somewhat be combated with a string change. It's not a miracle solution, but it can help.

I would try one out, but my local guitar shop don't carry B.C. Rich bass guitars, so I would have to rent one to try it out.

The image of the Rickenbacker is a bit squished, so the neck looks thicker than it actually is. 

However, it is still pretty thick, due to the body and neck being pretty much the same as on the 5 string model.

RedBass22.JPG 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

10 hours ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

EDIT: The ending of that short was nice. My only annoyance with black metal is the constant reminder of people like Varg, and these guys seemed to be against all that. 

The whole NSBM thing will always be a thorn in the side of black metal. 

There aren't many British NSBM bands (i have only been able to find one), so it isn't as prevalent in British black metal is it is in Continental European black metal.

There was also quite a lot of stir when Satanic Warmaster and Der Stürmer played in the UK, so the British scene in general seem very opposed to NSBM.

What it is that draws neo-nazis to black metal I simply don't know. Black metal (and the apparent appropriation hereof) was/is a big debate topic on the Stormfront forums. 

This is also a thing you learn when you play music in a small underground scene. People from all sorts of different ideologies will show up at your shows. 

I have played shows for everyone from facist skinheads to left-wing anarchist. And I have played shows with both groups in the room. 

Alternativly, you also have left leaning black metal bands like Wolves in the Throne Room.

1 hour ago, Volbet said:

The whole NSBM thing will always be a thorn in the side of black metal. 

There aren't many British NSBM bands (i have only been able to find one), so it isn't as prevalent in British black metal is it is in Continental European black metal.

There was also quite a lot of stir when Satanic Warmaster and Der Stürmer played in the UK, so the British scene in general seem very opposed to NSBM.

What it is that draws neo-nazis to black metal I simply don't know. Black metal (and the apparent appropriation hereof) was/is a big debate topic on the Stormfront forums. 

This is also a thing you learn when you play music in a small underground scene. People from all sorts of different ideologies will show up at your shows. 

I have played shows for everyone from facist skinheads to left-wing anarchist. And I have played shows with both groups in the room. 

Alternativly, you also have left leaning black metal bands like Wolves in the Throne Room.

So, it's just like every other metal genre to an extent? The only difference is that black metal has had more of a violent past? Well, that has definitely put the slight worry about being branded about a neo-nazi to rest. Though, I think I can say that worry was somewhat justified. 

Also, the lyrical themes of Satanic Warmaster. Singing about lycanthropy seems pretty awesome. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

9 minutes ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

So, it's just like every other metal genre to an extent? The only difference is that black metal has had more of a violent past? Well, that has definitely put the slight worry about being branded about a neo-nazi to rest. Though, I think I can say that worry was somewhat justified. 

Also, the lyrical themes of Satanic Warmaster. Singing about lycanthropy seems pretty awesome. 

To an extend. Most metal sub genres (and sub genres of other forms of aggressiv music) have neo-nazi version of them. Black metal isn't special in that regard. 

However, black metal differes in that shady politics plays a major part of certain bands lyrical themes. You don't really see this in other sub genres of metal.

People in bands like Deicide, Morbid Angel, Illdisposed, and hell, Phil Anselmo have all been engaged in right wing politics, but it never bleed into their musical work.

It always seemed to that those guys were just racists (and xenophobes, homophobes etc) that just happend to play metal, while in black metal you had racists that played racist music. 

The fans of black metal also have a tendency to be more accepting of more hateful views. Eventhough they themselves don't hold said views.

Just look at the whole Phil Anselmo controversy. People were pissed off at him, but people don't seem to mind buy albums from NSBM bands.

And I'm also guilty of this. I own plently of albums from bands like Absurd, Goatmoon, Aryan Blood, Graveland etc. which all has NS themes.

Which probably leads into this: Satanic Warmaster is a brilliant band if you can get over the shady politics. 

If you can find a copy of their 2015 split with Archgoat that is worth checking out.  

2 hours ago, Volbet said:

To an extend. Most metal sub genres (and sub genres of other forms of aggressiv music) have neo-nazi version of them. Black metal isn't special in that regard. 

However, black metal differes in that shady politics plays a major part of certain bands lyrical themes. You don't really see this in other sub genres of metal.

People in bands like Deicide, Morbid Angel, Illdisposed, and hell, Phil Anselmo have all been engaged in right wing politics, but it never bleed into their musical work.

It always seemed to that those guys were just racists (and xenophobes, homophobes etc) that just happend to play metal, while in black metal you had racists that played racist music. 

The fans of black metal also have a tendency to be more accepting of more hateful views. Eventhough they themselves don't hold said views.

Just look at the whole Phil Anselmo controversy. People were pissed off at him, but people don't seem to mind buy albums from NSBM bands.

And I'm also guilty of this. I own plently of albums from bands like Absurd, Goatmoon, Aryan Blood, Graveland etc. which all has NS themes.

Which probably leads into this: Satanic Warmaster is a brilliant band if you can get over the shady politics. 

If you can find a copy of their 2015 split with Archgoat that is worth checking out.  

Phil Anselmo being a knob isn't anything new as we all know. He acted like a tit all the time on stage, which really helped put me off Pantera more than I already was. As for the racist music being played by racist people. My view on that is, if I don't like it, I wont listen to it irrelevant of the topics, but I am not going to try and stop it. My worry was being branded as such a person, which I am not. 

People happily listen to music about mutilating women, mass genocide, rape, suicide, child molesting in the Catholic church, and so on, but they will draw a line at racism. Oh please. 

2 minutes ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

Phil Anselmo being a knob isn't anything new as we all know. He acted like a tit all the time on stage, which really helped put me off Pantera more than I already was. As for the racist music being played by racist people. My view on that is, if I don't like it, I wont listen to it irrelevant of the topics, but I am not going to try and stop it. My worry was being branded as such a person, which I am not. 

People happily listen to music about mutilating women, mass genocide, rape, and so on, but they will draw a line at racism. Oh please. 

Then you have bands like  gorgoroth...

Just now, CtW said:

Then you have bands like  gorgoroth...

Gorgoroth isn't even a bad band. I like them, though yet to pick up any albums from them. 

Just now, SeriouslyMikey said:

Gorgoroth isn't even a bad band. I like them, though yet to pick up any albums from them. 

I'm referring to their acitons and the amount of controversy they have been in.

2 minutes ago, CtW said:

Gaahl torturing two people and the goat heads on stage with crucified bodies? 

Eh, I would say Varg of Burzum is so much worse of a human. Killing someone, trying to start terror attacks, helping to fund a Norwegian terrorist group. 

2 minutes ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

Gaahl torturing two people and the goat heads on stage with crucified bodies? 

Eh, I would say Varg of Burzum is so much worse of a human. Killing someone, trying to start terror attacks, helping to fund a Norwegian terrorist group. 

yeah, that's definitely worse

Just now, CtW said:

yeah, that's definitely worse

But as I said. I listen to songs about just as bad things. I just have more of a worry of being branded as a racist for getting more and more into black metal. Thankfully, that worry has been put to rest. 

59 minutes ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

People happily listen to music about mutilating women, mass genocide, rape, suicide, child molesting in the Catholic church, and so on, but they will draw a line at racism. Oh please. 

I would agree 100%. I don't really see much of a difference between singing about killing minority groups or singing about mutilating women.

I don't take either of them seriously. 

However, I can to some extend understand the arguments by the opposers. 

When Cannibal Corpse and Devourment sings about raping and torturing women it is clear that it's with the intend of telling a story. It's not meant to be taken seriously.

But black metal musicians have shown a tendency to not only talk the talk, but they'll walk the walk aswell, which is why some people are probably a bit freaked out about NSBM. 

I still don't think we should censor it. Racist people have a right to express their views aswell, and I also have the right to make fun of their views. 

Although, Metal Sucks (wankers) seems to disagree: http://www.metalsucks.net/2015/12/14/why-does-ultra-violence-against-women-remain-an-unchallenged-theme-of-extreme-metal/

But as long as you don't act racist, I don't think you should be affraid about being branded a racist.

Also, talking of black metal. I just got this in the mail

56ec0cbe8e749_2016-03-1814.35.58.thumb.j It's an EP by a local bloke calling himself Afsky (meaning ´disgust´ in Danish). it's really good atmospheric/depressiv black metal. 

And I got a bark pick with it. I don't recommend using that with a bass guitar.

53 minutes ago, CtW said:

Compared to a lot of other black metal bands, Gorgoroth hasn't been that controversial. 

6 minutes ago, Volbet said:

I would agree 100%. I don't really see much of a difference between singing about killing minority groups or singing about mutilating women.

I don't take either of them seriously. 

However, I can to some extend understand the arguments by the opposers. 

When Cannibal Corpse and Devourment sings about raping and torturing women it is clear that it's with the intend of telling a story. It's not meant to be taken seriously.

But black metal musicians have shown a tendency to not only talk the talk, but they'll walk the walk aswell, which is why some people are probably a bit freaked out about NSBM. 

I still don't think we should censor it. Racist people have a right to express their views aswell, and I also have the right to make fun of their views. 

Although, Metal Sucks (wankers) seems to disagree: http://www.metalsucks.net/2015/12/14/why-does-ultra-violence-against-women-remain-an-unchallenged-theme-of-extreme-metal/

Also, talking of black metal. I just got this in the mail

It's an EP by a local bloke calling himself Afsky (meaning ´disgust´ in Danish). it's really good atmospheric/depressiv black metal. 

And I got a bark pick with it. I don't recommend using that with a bass guitar.

Compared to a lot of other black metal bands, Gorgoroth hasn't been that controversial. 

OCR did something like that with Tis The Witching Hour album, if I remember correctly. If you got the limited edition you got a patch and a little piece of one of the corpse roads in the Lake District. That cover looks fantastic too, think I'll check it out on that wonderfully placed Bandcamp link on the bottom of those stickers. :P 

As for metal sucks. I read their posts for a laugh. All I will say to that article is: Don't like, don't listen. Not like other bands don't have seriously gory themed lyrics they just gloss over.