LGBT community

carguy86
Just now, Daring said:

On the subject of music, this is what I listen to.

ALPHYS IS NOT YOUR WAIFU ANYMORE!?!?!?
*sans is now

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

ALPHYS IS NOT YOUR WAIFU ANYMORE!?!?!?
*sans is now

No, she's my waifu, bruh.

Just now, Daring said:

No, she's my waifu, bruh.

you crossed it out in your signature.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

you crossed it out in your signature.

as a joke.

12 minutes ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

I've only met one black metal band in person, and they sound very different from what "true" black metal is supposed to sound like, though, as they're from my town, they've branded themselves as British black metal, and claim to be something different. 

As for the two songs you linked, the first one just seems so much better, even if I didn't know that it was bad for a reason or not, there's just something I like about it more than the second song, which sounded... eh? 

And that logo is ridiculous. At least with Darkthrone or Mayhem you can actually read what the logo says without having to do 42 takes. Then again, I still enjoy the whole "no trends" "We're not sheep" thing that black metal stands behind, and yet they all use the same font, they began to follow on with corpse paint and so on. Though, I enjoy the music, I cant help but think that black metal artists have their heads rather far up their own arses sometimes. 

Arguably, British black metal is distintly its own. There is even a rather good documentry on it

One of the most amazing things about black metal is how easily it adapts to the culture it's in. 

You can usually tell where a black metal band is from just by their sound.

The whole "true" black metal thing also goes back to some of the musicians having their heads up their ass. 

As my dad used to call it: "The Black Circle Jerk".

Basically, black metal ran into the same problem punk did.

It started as a celebration of freedom, but quickly succumbed to its own conservatism. 

14 minutes ago, CtW said:

Spoiler

At least it doesn't sound as bad as a lot of electronic music. As someone who listens to it, it can get kinda hard sometimes to find stuff that isn't mixed like shit. Since I make it too, I'd like to think that I don't do a terrible job when it comes to the sound.

Ex of shit mastering in EDM (the song is bad and generic too):

Ex of good mastering:

[/spoiier]

Holy shit, that first song is generic. That would what we refere to as "Brian Techno" where I live.

The strange thing is that black metal, punk and electronic music pretty much suffers from the same problem. 

It got a little bit popular, and then everyone began playing it becuase they thought it would be easy. And then they collectly lowered the quality.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I don't like metal

its a well known secret. 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, Volbet said:

Arguably, British black metal is distintly its own. There is even a rather good documentry on it

One of the most amazing things about black metal is how easily it adapts to the culture it's in. 

The whole "true" black metal thing also goes back to some of the musicians having their heads up their ass. 

It started as a celebration of freedom, but quickly succumbed to its own conservatism. 

Holy shit, that first song is generic. That would what we refere to as "Brian Techno" where I live.

The strange thing is that black metal, punk and electronic music pretty much suffers from the same problem. 

It got a little bit popular, and then everyone began playing it becuase they thought it would be easy. And then they collectly lowered the quality. 

Yeah. That's the main issue with the democratization with the music industry. Before, if you wanted to get your music heard, you had to be good and had to be able afford the instruments to make it. Now anyone with a computer can make music. This does mean that those who have talent but can't afford proper instruments can make good stuff, but it also means there is much more bad stuff around.

in case anyone cares, here's my sc (please be gentle):https://soundcloud.com/chris-waldt

6 minutes ago, Daring said:

On the subject of music, this is what I listen to.

What I found yesterday:

Guitars make everything better. :P

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

2 minutes ago, themctipers said:

I don't like metal

its a well known secret. 

Of the metal subcategories, Pirate Metal is probably the most tolerable and some funniest stuff to listen to of them all.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 minute ago, Pandalf said:

What I found yesterday:

Guitars make everything better. :P

Oh man, RichaadEB is so fuckin' good at what he does. Here's two more Pokémon covers he made.

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Of the metal subcategories, Pirate Metal is probably the most tolerable and some funniest stuff to listen to of them all.

Lol..

its toleratable for me. 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I fucking love Alestorm.

and Korpiklaani... the perfect music when you are drunk.

2 minutes ago, Daring said:

Oh man, RichaadEB is so fuckin' good at what he does. Here's two more Pokémon covers he made.

His covers are amazing. Shame he's not more popular.

My recent favourite is this:

Spoiler

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

Better.

been there heard that.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

19 minutes ago, Volbet said:

Goodness, I never really knew how large the black metal scene was in the UK. Most metal heads I meet here are into NWOBHM, especially the classics from the 70's and 80's. Think I will check these other bands out after I finish watching this short. So far, they seem very laid back and calm, not like the stuck up guys, and the guy behind Taake, who believe black metal should only be sang in Norwegian, corpse paint has to be used, and it has to be evil. 

Being rather naive and new with British black metal, and well, black metal in general, I have only heard two bands from Britain, maybe three. Saor and OCR. OCR having a very punky, folk style behind it, singing about old tales from the UK. Saor being very atmospheric and the guy behinds it sings about the Scottish highlands and stories from there too. 

EDIT: And, now I feel daft. They're covering OCR now. :P 

EDIT 2: Glad they're based round the corner from me. :D

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

3 minutes ago, themctipers said:

Lol..

its toleratable for me. 

1 minute ago, Pandalf said:

I fucking love Alestorm.

Lol, I don't listen to that genre or that band very much. I just know that when ever the topic of metal comes up I like to mention Pirate Metal and Alestorm being a decent example of that.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

3 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

?

nope.

i heard most of pbn tho ;)

monstercat + ncs + trap nation + trap city for me,.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

nope.

i heard most of pbn tho ;)

monstercat + ncs + trap nation + trap city for me,.

Well, that one came out yesterday and it's great :D What are your favourite genres?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, TheRandomness said:

Well, that one came out yesterday and it's great :D What are your favourite genres?

trap, dubstep. electro, hard dance, glitch hop

i know theres way more that i like bhut thats just from the top of my head
im playing csgo comp 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

12 minutes ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

Goodness, I never really knew how large the black metal scene was in the UK. Most metal heads I meet here are into NWOBHM, especially the classics from the 70's and 80's. Think I will check these other bands out after I finish watching this short. So far, they seem very laid back and calm, not like the stuck up guys, and the guy behind Taake, who believe black metal should only be sang in Norwegian, corpse paint has to be used, and it has to be evil. 

Being rather naive and new with British black metal, and well, black metal in general, I have only heard two bands from Britain, maybe three. Saor and OCR. OCR having a very punky, folk style behind it, singing about old tales from the UK. Saor being very atmospheric and the guy behinds it sings about the Scottish highlands and stories from there too. 

Spoiler

You described British black metal very well just now. 

British black metal tends to be very atmospheric and take a lot of themes from British folk lore and British culture in general. 

This stands in contrast to black metal from the US, which tends to be rather doom inspired. 

Or Polish black metal that tends to take cues from death metal and groove metal. 

And the list goes on.

Of course there will be outliers to these general rules. Anaal Nathrakh is a British black metal band, for example, but they aren't atmospheric and folk inspired. They are much more grounded in the grindcore and industrial tradition.

Also, Saor is an amazing band. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

21 minutes ago, Volbet said:

You described British black metal very well just now. 

British black metal tends to be very atmospheric and take a lot of themes from British folk lore and British culture in general. 

This stands in contrast to black metal from the US, which tends to be rather doom inspired. 

Or Polish black metal that tends to take cues from death metal and groove metal. 

And the list goes on.

Of course there will be outliers to these general rules. Anaal Nathrakh is a British black metal band, for example, but they aren't atmospheric and folk inspired. They are much more grounded in the grindcore tradition.

Also, Saor is an amazing band. 

Well, I am going to check out all of these guys in the short. Well, except Anaal Nathrakh. After listening to that, I wasn't sold at all. 

I am loving the whole singing with doom and desperation aspect that these guys keep repeating. It's stupidly British. Even though they're still holding onto all this traditional stuff, the melancholy lyrics, dark vibes, themes, they're still trying to push forward and make something new, it's great. 

It's like the line from Time by Pink Floyd. "Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way". 

EDIT: The ending of that short was nice. My only annoyance with black metal is the constant reminder of people like Varg, and these guys seemed to be against all that. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

2 hours ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

My favourite bass would be an all black version of what Leif Edling of Candlemass had in the early years. I do believe he also had a full black explorer bass, it's in one of their live videos, let me find it! 

FOUND IT

EDIT: And their new album is up for preorder... Why now? Why when I want to buy a bloody bass? :(

Never been a massive fan of that body style. But i like the color^^ 

2 hours ago, Volbet said:

How did you like the sound of the Warlock? I have been a bit hesitant to try it, since I have been burned by B.C. Rich a bit too many times.

Personally, I own a Rickenbacker 4004L.

RN4004LJG.png

It's a really thumbing bass, and it can be hard to play.  

It was pretty good. Could get muddled at times though :/ But the pickups were alright for an entry level bass.

With my current off brand bass i get feedback issues sometimes and the sound is pretty poor.

Try one out in a store before buying^^ 

The neck on that rickenbacker is a bit too wide for my tastes. (I get bad hand cramps from playing wide-necked guitars..) 

But overall it looks nice :)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

8 minutes ago, techswede said:

Never been a massive fan of that body style. But i like the color^^ 

It was pretty good. Could get muddled at times though :/ But the pickups were alright for an entry level bass.

With my current off brand bass i get feedback issues sometimes and the sound is pretty poor.

Try one out in a store before buying^^ 

The neck on that rickenbacker is a bit too wide for my tastes. (I get bad hand cramps from playing wide-necked guitars..) 

But overall it looks nice :)

My friend has an Epiphone Explorer guitar that I got to have a little play on(and when I say little, I mean like 30 microseconds. He didn't want me to damage it in any way). I've always loved the shape since I saw James Hetfield's from the late 80's early 90's. The one with "EET FUK" sticker up the back. There's just something about the aggressive yet balanced shape that I love, along with the Flying V shape too. But, liking the sound of bass much more than a guitar, especially when solo, it's super hard to find those two shapes for a good, beginner price. D: 

Heck, Leif Edling had a Flying V bass too that looked amazing. 

Spoiler

tumblr_mj3h73vhJv1ri8xq5o1_500.jpg