Most Depressing Thread on LTT

zappian

I have been thinking about this.

I am not afraid to die because fearing the inevitable is dumb lol . But Imagine this.

I die , I live on the memories of the persons I affected , I live on my sons/daughters if I have any.

Except this will die too , Except every person That ever met me will die too.

Except that Humanity will end , I dont mean NOW , or SOON but there's no doubt that eventually the sun will consume us or we

will kill each other with nukes or a meteor will wipe us away like it did to the dinosaurs.

After that invetiable event it will be cosmic silence , the universe doesn't give a crap and will go on as usual.

Until it eventually collapses and ceases to be .

No one will give a crap about me or you , even the greats like Shakespeare , Newton , Einstein all their endeavours and the 

endeavours of humanity in general will turn to dust.

No one will remember them let alone us.

Every single culture , every single street and corner once bustling with life will be ashes and dead silent , every song , if deep-felt poem 

and book and movie . Everything , every human concept:

Love , jealousy , Hate , indifference , sadness , love . Good or bad will vanish.

Pure , cosmic , silence .

I will be probably too dead to care when this happens anyways.

"its all sound and fury signifying nothing down there"

Have a great weekend guys.

Meh, We cant do anything about it, But we can enjoy life while it lasts.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Not one would mind, neither bird nor tree,

If mankind perished utterly;

And Spring herself, when she woke at dawn,
Would scarcely know that we were gone.

-parts of There will come soft rains by sara teasdale

I think you meant

" It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

great. now when my programming teacher asks why i didn't do my work over the weekend i'll tell him your thread is the reason I don't want to do anything because of the ultimate pointlessness of the task.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

wow that poem is deep

it's prose.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

if you want something almost equally as depressing, how about the thought that any extra terrestrials out there will likely hear Hitler before any messages we purposely send out to them. So the speeches of a mad, murderous dictator will be the first contact we will ever have with an alien species. Remember to keep that in mind if the nazi aliens do find earth.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Why bother to live if you're afraid to die.

-givingtnt

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Once the stone

You're crawling under

Is lifted off your shoulders

Once the cloud that's raining

Over you head disappears

The noise that you'll hear

Is the crashing down of hollow years

coming to terms with one's inevitable fate is a good thing, it means you view this world and life with a sober mind. And philosophy is extremely important in society.

Just remember that just because you can't see the other side does not mean that there's nothing there. That's been the history of scientific advancement. Finding things that you couldn't see before.

There is something beyond, just because it makes no sense, philosophically, logically or mathematically, that there is nothing beyond. You cannot be destroyed, only changed. That's all death is, in my opinion.

"Death is just another path, one we must all take."

-Gandalf

I'm a christian, so the world ending is good in a way for me. 

Just remember that faith without works is dead, being alone ;)

That's just how things are so it should not be depressing... It just goes to show that we must enjoy every sec coz you will never get it back and make the most of the life you have. (Just remember that there is no guarantee that you will be alive even for the next sec if you think about it... though the probability is very low). 

Here is an interesting fact.

Did you know there is actually a probability for you to end up in mars when you are asleep? Yes, I am not kidding (Dr. Michio Kaku explains about this in one of his lectures).

CPU Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2800MHz GPU 2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming (SLI)

Case Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (Gray) Storage 2 x 1TB 850 Pro, 2 x 4TB WD Black PSU Corsair AX1500i (1500W) Display Asus PG348Q Ultrawide - G-Sync

Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma Mouse Razer Mamba Sound Logitech G633 Operating System Windows 10

That's life but I do like the cat

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

If you think about it we're all slowly dying. :)

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]