what motherboard do you have?

Asrock H97. Good budget board for an i5 4460. And I think I would buy it again.

Msi X99S Sli Plus

I mainly bought it because it is a cheaper X99 board and black as well.

No, I would go for an gigabyte board, in the same price range, cosindering they often have better pcie layouts for aircooled sli systems.

ASUS F1A75M-PRO.R2

I bought it because i needed it and it was the best for my CPU(APU) and it is really good :D

i would buy it again if it wasn't for an old dead socket :P now i think i'd buy an intel board but i think i'll w8 what the future has in stock(till the end of this year) :D

oh and btw this is how i found Linus on youtube ,when i was searching for a review for this MB :D

Asus P8z68LE. I bought it because it had all the features I needed at the time, was within a sensible budget. and well I'm an Asus slag

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H

Wanted a Micro Atx with Usb 3.0 and Crossfire, and wanted  black motherboard.

Yes, but hopefully I wont need to.

I guess Intel charged nearly the same money for Z75 and Z77, and motherboard vendors just picked Z77 so consumers would not think their boards were somehow less capable than rival Z77 boards.

that could be a possibility.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Intel D5400XS "Skulltrail".

Why? Dual overclockable Core 2 Quad Extreme's.

Buy again? I'm not sure I'll find another to be honest :P

post-621-0-78601900-1427639778_thumb.jpg

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

what board would you get if you could change?

how do you find the fx8 core?

This depends a bit in which context you mean this.

In terms of a AM3+ board, if i had to buy a new AM3+ board right now, then i would most likely grab a Asrock 970 Performance.

Because of better feutures, especialy better onboard audio and lan chip.

But as far as all platforms goes, im personaly looking at a 5820k setup with a Asrock X99X killer, Asrock X99 OC Formula, or Asus X99-A.

i had the FX8350 for more then 2 years now, and it basicly allways served me totaly fine with the things im doing with it, next to gaming and general ussage, i also do virtualization, in which the AM3+ platform has allot support to offer for that.

For gaming the FX8350 basicly still does well for me, but this is because i have a midrange gpu, a 7870Ghz, This basicly makes that i am GPU limmited in most AAA games anyway.

If you are looking for a better gaming setup with a more beefy gpu, then i would personaly recommend an 4690k atm, because the AMD FX cpu´s starting to show their age, especialy with higherend gpu´s like a 290X or GTX970 / 980, those gpu´s will get bottlenecked by a FX cpu at 1080p, especialy in mmo´s and rpg´s which are cpu bound mainaly.

Offcourse this all depends on which games you play, and how you play them, cause a FX8350 + 290X for example does not have to be a bad combo for gaming persee, cause it highly depends from game to game.

But you can basicly say that an haswell i5 like a 4690k is simply a better allround chip for gaming.

The reason why i am looking for a X99 5820k setup, is because i wanne have a mix of a highend gaming system, that also can run multiple vm´s at the same time without compromises.

Thats the reason why i dont look into a 4790k / 4690k, is because for virtualization the 4690k and 4790k have simply not enough to offer for me.

The 4690k and 4790k cpu´s are basicly better for gaming, then a 5820k, due higher stock clocks out of the box, and 4 cores are easier to overclock basicly, will consume less power, and produce less heat.

But they dont offer enough for virtualization.

ASUS Z97 A here, I've been using it for about 4 months now. Bought it just for the faint gold colour on the heatsinks so it would match my PSU's yellow coloured text & GPU's yellow/orange fan shroud design.

Don't think I would buy it again, pretty expensive here and I would like to try other colour schemes too.

Idk why did I buy blue coloured RAM, regret doing that now =X

This depends a bit in which context you mean this.

In terms of a AM3+ board, if i had to buy a new AM3+ board right now, then i would most likely grab a Asrock 970 Performance.

Because of better feutures, especialy better onboard audio and lan chip.

But as far as all platforms goes, im personaly looking at a 5820k setup with a Asrock X99X killer, Asrock X99 OC Formula, or Asus X99-A.

i had the FX8350 for more then 2 years now, and it basicly allways served me totaly fine with the things im doing with it, next to gaming and general ussage, i also do virtualization, in which the AM3+ platform has allot support to offer for that.

For gaming the FX8350 basicly still does well for me, but this is because i have a midrange gpu, a 7870Ghz, This basicly makes that i am GPU limmited in most AAA games anyway.

If you are looking for a better gaming setup with a more beefy gpu, then i would personaly recommend an 4690k atm, because the AMD FX cpu´s starting to show their age, especialy with higherend gpu´s like a 290X or GTX970 / 980, those gpu´s will get bottlenecked by a FX cpu at 1080p, especialy in mmo´s and rpg´s which are cpu bound mainaly.

Offcourse this all depends on which games you play, and how you play them, cause a FX8350 + 290X for example does not have to be a bad combo for gaming persee, cause it highly depends from game to game.

But you can basicly say that an haswell i5 like a 4690k is simply a better allround chip for gaming.

The reason why i am looking for a X99 5820k setup, is because i wanne have a mix of a highend gaming system, that also can run multiple vm´s at the same time without compromises.

Thats the reason why i dont look into a 4790k / 4690k, is because for virtualization the 4690k and 4790k have simply not enough to offer for me.

The 4690k and 4790k cpu´s are basicly better for gaming, then a 5820k, due higher stock clocks out of the box, and 4 cores are easier to overclock basicly, will consume less power, and produce less heat.

But they dont offer enough for virtualization.

thanks for the in depth answer, my first build i was looking at an fx8350 but going with a 4690k, its very easy to build a high end gaming machine but when you want o factor in virtualization, streaming, video editing etc theres a lot more to factor in, 

hope you get your new build soon!!

Intel D5400XS "Skulltrail".

Why? Dual overclockable Core 2 Quad Extreme's.

Buy again? I'm not sure I'll find another to be honest :P

attachicon.gifIMG_1811.jpg

that is a very unique board, how did you mnage to get that??

that is a very unique board, how did you mnage to get that??

Thanks :) I knew of its existence and got lucky when I came across one ;)

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

Gigabyte X79-UD3

Got it for 80 Quid, Which was handy cause i was kinda down and out after my 3770K died so i was happy about that. i think the guy was running a 3820 on it but upgraded to Z97 or something i forgot.

it's been a while....

Only thing i would have liked more was to have 4X4 Ram Slots but 4 slots does me good too :).

Hey bro whatcha DOOOOOOOOIN *Barfs fruit salads on your chest*

i7 4820K / Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ 6GB \ 16GB Corsair Vengeance (4X4) / Gigabyte X79-UD3 \ EVGA Supernova G2 850W / Windows 7 Ultimate / Dell U2412M \

Dat be spooky....my hella rad pootpoot *u*

Gigabyte X79-UD3

Got it for 80 Quid, Which was handy cause i was kinda down and out after my 3770K died so i was happy about that. i think the guy was running a 3820 on it but upgraded to Z97 or something i forgot.

it's been a while....

Only thing i would have liked more was to have 4X4 Ram Slots but 4 slots does me good too :).

80 quid for that board was a bargain! ,

what mother board do you have?

why did you buy it?

would you buy it again?

Asus X99 Deluxe.

Because of its features and looks (wanted a white motherboard).

Yes because ive not had any issues with it.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

I have; Gigabyte Z68P-DS3

I bought it because it was the only ATX board in my really limited price range at the time that I thought was okay.

God no, I would not buy it again.

I want to replace it with a decent mATX since i'm going to change my case & PSU, but I highly doubt i'll be able to find any mATX LGA 1155 boards brand new with decent features :/

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

GigaByte Z97UD3

I bought it because it was the cheapest S-ATX board that i could find

no i wouldn;t buy it again because my PC color scheme is red and the mobo has orange hints :/

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

I bought the Gigabyte 970A-UD3P

I bought it because it was very good for the money and has good overclocking abilities and supports crossifre which I wanted as a option even though its not the best option of crossfire.

Yes I would buy it again, but if I was looking for a nicer build I would look for something a bit more expensive and 5 star :)

I would give this board 7.5/10.

CPU: FX8350  GPU:  Sapphire radeon r9 290x Tri-X  Mobo: Gigabyte 970A-UD3P  RAM:  Corsair Vengence 1866mhz 8GB  PSU: Corsair CX750M

HDD:  Western Digital Caviar blue 1TB  SSD:  120Gb Samsung 850 Evo 

MSI Z77 MPOWER

I bought it because my 2nd hand mobo was DoA, this had black and yellow painted plates that I could pry off to make the board just black and grey.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

i'm currently runing a asrock 990fx extreme9 paired it with a fx8350. it's a good board.

my last board was a asus m4a88t-m used it with a phenom II x6 1045t works great still.

Gigabite 970A-DS3P

Was very affordable and had the feature set I wanted.

No, Overclocking on this board is very difficult for a novice overclocker like myself so I am now going to save up a while and just overhaul the CPU and Motherboard and go to the Blue side (Perhaps even getting another R9 280x).

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Asus X79 deluxe.

Bought cause has loads of features - powered eSata, loads of SATA and USB ports, and support for Xeons and 128GB ECC RAM.

Failed.

Replacement took 2 months on a commercial warranty.

Still repairing my RAID arrays.

Would not buy again.

Sabertooth Z79 Mark II

Because it had a very good warranty (likely to wear it out rather than replace it so longevity of use is needed[ could have used one of the UD variants of Gigabyte but they were dearer])

Didn't like the idea of little(40mm?) fans screaming away and I fiully realise they are optional but why have unventilated thermal armour? so mark II rather than a more 'normal' Sabertooth. Not too enamoured of white and do not have a windowed case so no need for the Mark S.

Not daft on the USB 3 port being at right angles to the board (only just fits[1] in a Define R5).  But everything else seems to be OK .

Buy again ~ Not sure (possibly try a mATX board next time. 

[1] For "Just fits" read bending to fit and pressures involved are 'acceptable'.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

I got an Asus H87M-Pro about a year ago. I bought it as a combo with CPU, it looked alright and had everything I thought I'd need. As it turned out, I used more of the features than I planned. It has been deal ling increadibly well with RAID. I wasn't sure how well the built in raid controller would deal with SSDs, but I'm able to exceed 850MB/s through it. I ended up using Crossfire as well, something I definitely didn't ever plan on using seeing as I started with an nVidia card in that machine. The only issue I have had is the second PCI E port forgets its 4x setting (runs at 2x by default) for the first boot after power loss. This does cause Crossfire to disable until the computer reboots, but that's only a minor issue. Overall, yes I would buy it again.

After the release of the 9 series Intel chip set, I picked up a Gigabyte B85N-Pheonix for A$80. I wanted an ITX board for a LAN build. I chose it because it was cheap :P The only cheaper board was an Asrock H81 board. The board mostly works fine. I like the lights and the ports are generally pretty good. However, there is only one chassis fan header. The clip on the end of the PCI E port gets caught on graphics cards and is really difficult to undo. The gigabyte software for it is terrible. 80% of the time, applying a different fan curve causes the entire system to suddenly loose power. I wouldn't recommend the board to a friend, but I would buy it again over the boards at a similar price. The majority of the PC was spare parts I had, so I wasn't really looking to spend a lot on a new motherboard.