what motherboard do you have?

I'm currently running an Asrock z87 oc formula.

I actually bought this board because I found it open box for 100 bucks which at the time was a little over $200 off. It has lots of features, most are impractical like the oled display and water block; however, things like the mass amounts of usb 3.0 and just overall pcb quality and layout are nice. I also like the uefi setup with this board.

This is actually my first asrock board since they're a fairly new company and I'm really pretty impressed. That being said I feel they do hype their products a little more than they deserve.

I can't comment on their customer support (which could be a good thing) but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another board from asrock.

Current gaming build: Link to PcPartPicker

- Asus H81 mATX

Does the job great with the i5 4430 and dual channel DDR3 with a GTX750Ti as HTPC in the master bedroom-

- Asus X99 Deluxe

Bought it when X99 was released. Ran stable for a while but then caused crashes and OCs were not stable. I´m still having the board as HTPC with my 5930K in the living room and I´ll keep it due to the fact that I do not run crazy OCs with that PC even though it´s custom water cooled. I would never buy that again and I am deeply disappointed in Asus. Their so called OC socket is a joke... but not a funny one. Was my last Asus board for a while, I was loyal for 15 years.

- AS Rock OC Formula

An OCers dream! The best mainboard I´ve ever had. No feature overload but everythings perfectly arranged to highend OCing. Board is waterproof, not a bad thing because I run a performance custom loop with monster radiator. I would buy that again any time! I need with my 5960X for the same OC 0.131V less than I needed with the X99 Deluxe from Asus.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

ASUS Maximus VII Formula for now... replacing it with MSI's XPower AC Z97 board for more pci-e slots. :)

asus_maximus_vii_formula.jpg

i7 4790K - MSI XPower Z97 AC - 32GB DDR3-2400 Avexir Sabranco - ASUS Strix GTX 980 SLI - ASUS Xonar Essence - Phanteks Enthoo Primo - RoG Swift + Samsung 28" 4k UHD - Logitech Z906 5.1 - Custom Water Cooling Loop

Mobile: Samsung S8 Plus | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M50X / ASUS Strix Pro | Laptop: Alienware 17 R2

that's gonna be sweet...once you'll really be into it i'm sure you'll find some time to make proper cable management and stuff...its the part i actualy enjoy the most doing...i've fitted an EK backplate on my GPU recently just so that it looks good :P

I will. I'm super excited. I just need to pick up some cable ties, I Dont have many, so I can't really undo mistakes. I'm having a lot of fun for my first time though.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

In my rig right now, a Asus H97M-PLUS, sometime tomorrow a MSI Z97S Krait since it arrived today. :D

Op6REy9.jpg

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

ASRock B75 Pro3-M

Bought this board because the previous one, one of the RAM slots failed, & I didn't have enough money to get a 4th Gen processor & a new motherboard so I got this while still using my i7-3770. 

I wouldn't buy this again of course, motherboards for 3rd Gen processors are already hard to find.

ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac

Bought it because it was one of the cheapest but decent z97 mITX boards. Really love this thing now <3

Yes, would buy again!

4670k @ 4.3GHz w/ Deepcool Lucifer | ASRock z97e-itx/ac | 2x4GB G Skill Ares | MSI TFiii HD 7870 @ 1150/1450| OCZ Vertex 4 128GB + 1TB | Bitfenix Prodigy Black | Antec TP-650C

ASUS H87M Pro, ASUS P5Q Turbo, ASUS P5K VM, Abit VP6, Jetway 994AN-L, these ones that take too long to re-find the models:

post-155575-0-75730900-1427965824_thumb.

post-155575-0-84943600-1427965856_thumb.

post-155575-0-75693800-1427965879_thumb.

post-155575-0-78752300-1427965898_thumb.

post-155575-0-21352300-1427965923_thumb.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Formula VII

Cause I'm an idiot

No.

It does look pretty dope though http://oi57.tinypic.com/2v287lu.jpg

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

I actually bought this board because I found it open box for 100 bucks which at the time was a little over $200 off. It has lots of features, most are impractical like the oled display and water block; however, things like the mass amounts of usb 3.0 and just overall pcb quality and layout are nice. I also like the uefi setup with this board.

This is actually my first asrock board since they're a fairly new company and I'm really pretty impressed. That being said I feel they do hype their products a little more than they deserve.

I can't comment on their customer support (which could be a good thing) but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another board from asrock.

its good to hear good about asrock, and the bios, how did you find usability and building with it?? 

its good to hear good about asrock, and the bios, how did you find usability and building with it??

- Asus H81 mATX

Does the job great with the i5 4430 and dual channel DDR3 with a GTX750Ti as HTPC in the master bedroom-

- Asus X99 Deluxe

Bought it when X99 was released. Ran stable for a while but then caused crashes and OCs were not stable. I´m still having the board as HTPC with my 5930K in the living room and I´ll keep it due to the fact that I do not run crazy OCs with that PC even though it´s custom water cooled. I would never buy that again and I am deeply disappointed in Asus. Their so called OC socket is a joke... but not a funny one. Was my last Asus board for a while, I was loyal for 15 years.

- AS Rock OC Formula

An OCers dream! The best mainboard I´ve ever had. No feature overload but everythings perfectly arranged to highend OCing. Board is waterproof, not a bad thing because I run a performance custom loop with monster radiator. I would buy that again any time! I need with my 5960X for the same OC 0.131V less than I needed with the X99 Deluxe from Asus.

you know ive heard a lot of mixed reviews about asus, leaving me a bit doubtful too, but asrock seems to be coming out good, tons of features can be a waste sometimes too, .... 

- Asus H81 mATX

- Asus X99 Deluxe

- AS Rock OC Formula

you know ive heard a lot of mixed reviews about asus, leaving me a bit doubtful too, but asrock seems to be coming out good, tons of features can be a waste sometimes too, .... 

- Asus H81 mATX

- Asus X99 Deluxe

- AS Rock OC Formula

Rampage v extreme. i bought it because it's beautiful, has many sata ports for mass storage, has m.2 and, well it looks amazing. i don't know if i would buy i again, maybe i'd go for asus's ws board 

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

a lot of work went into that, looks great, 

I hate to be that guy, but what work ?  No RAM, no CPU, no cooler, no GPU, no cable management and no Lighting (apart from that all ready on the MoBo).

My stuff is no oil painting (thank F*&^ for windowless cases) so I shouldn't really comment.  I just can't see what work conhashoff is talking about

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

- Asus H81 mATX

- Asus X99 Deluxe

- AS Rock OC Formula

Motherboard:

Gigabyte H97-Gaming 3

Why did you buy it?:

I told the store person I have $400, I want a Case, Motherboard and PSU.

Would you buy it again?:

No, I wouldn't buy it again.

I didn't know much about PC parts at this time, a H97 is not made for overclocking or SLI,

despite not planning to do either of those, I hate knowing that I have limitations.

This doesn't mean that the motherboard isn't good, I just would of preferred a Z97.

Further:

I bought a i5-4690 because they didn't have the 'K' variant instock. I should of waited for them to get it in.

Again, I didn't plan to overclock, but I wish I had gotten the 'K' so I could if I wanted too.

A lesson here for rookie builders like myself. If the store doesn't have the part you wanted, it's probably better to wait for them to get it in stock.

Tillie - The Little Engine That Could

Gigabyte H97-Gaming 3 || Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit || i5 4690 || MSI GTX960 2GB || Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB || Samsung 850EVO 120GB

WD Black 1TB HDD || Cooler Master VSM 650 || Razer Black Widow Ultimate || Razer Deathadder || Razer Kraken Pro || NZXT Source 340/ White & X61

I hate to be that guy, but what work ?  No RAM, no CPU, no cooler, no GPU, no cable management and no Lighting (apart from that all ready on the MoBo).

My stuff is no oil painting (thank F*&^ for windowless cases) so I shouldn't really comment.  I just can't see what work conhashoff is talking about

soory quoted the wrong person, meant to quote the msi glamour shot!! , my excuse is im just geeting over man flu and night shift .... 

I had the exact opposite impresion: that ASUS (though more expensive) tends to be higher end, wheras ASROCK (a 'spin off' of ASUS [one of the directors of ASUS {Ted Hsu}left and set up ASROCK mainly to 'do' the pre-built stuff]) tends to have the lower to middle of the range.

Nowadays I think there are very few manufacturers of MoBos that you should completely body swerve (Biostar springs to mind)

ASUS and Gigabyte are the two manufacturers I think of when someone talks of high end board manufacturers

soory quoted the wrong person, meant to quote the msi glamour shot!! , my excuse is im just geeting over man flu and night shift .... 

NP

"This too shall pass"

apologies there , cat keeps ,  godammit cats are c**ts, 

Motherboard:

Gigabyte H97-Gaming 3

Why did you buy it?:

I told the store person I have $400, I want a Case, Motherboard and PSU.

Would you buy it again?:

No, I wouldn't buy it again.

I didn't know much about PC parts at this time, a H97 is not made for overclocking or SLI,

despite not planning to do either of those, I hate knowing that I have limitations.

This doesn't mean that the motherboard isn't good, I just would of preferred a Z97.

Further:

I bought a i5-4690 because they didn't have the 'K' variant instock. I should of waited for them to get it in.

Again, I didn't plan to overclock, but I wish I had gotten the 'K' so I could if I wanted too.

A lesson here for rookie builders like myself. If the store doesn't have the part you wanted, it's probably better to wait for them to get it in stock.

agreed , some times the stores can be a bit pushy on sales,  main one here would be maplin, theyre great but can be over priced and sell you some thing you dont really

miss the likes of tiger direct, 

I had the exact opposite impresion: that ASUS (though more expensive) tends to be higher end, wheras ASROCK (a 'spin off' of ASUS [one of the directors of ASUS {Ted Hsu}left and set up ASROCK mainly to 'do' the pre-built stuff]) tends to have the lower to middle of the range.

Nowadays I think there are very few manufacturers of MoBos that you should completely body swerve (Biostar springs to mind)

ASUS and Gigabyte are the two manufacturers I think of when someone talks of high end board manufacturers

NP

i was thinking the same, asus to be the best but a lot of complaints, then again, when you pay a lot for a board you pay attention to the minor details 

and thanks you for the biostar tip, always good to know 

main one here would be maplin, theyre great but can be over priced

"Can be overpriced". ....And the award for understatement goes to....

"This too shall pass"

"Can be overpriced". ....And the award for understatement goes to....

hhahaahaa, true just trying not to be too harsh on em, ;) in galway so theres fuck all else when you need to pick up some thing in particular in a hurry, and generally in ireland you getting bummed on the price of things no matter what it is ,