what motherboard do you have?

Asus X99 pro.

I bought it for aesthetics at the time. The X99-A is essentially the same motherboard just without the IO and audio guard. It was $150 more than the X99-A.

I would definitely buy this again. I am a die hard Asus fan, and have never had an issue with their boards.

I payed $450 for this board and I couldnt be happier. It overclocks well, the audio solution is good, it has supurb VRM coooling, really the list goes on. Ive owned it for 5 months and the only issue I have is that sometimes, randonly it doesnt post and spews out an overclock error. A quick restart fixes this issue however.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

Asus X99 pro.

I bought it for aesthetics at the time. The X99-A is essentially the same motherboard just without the IO and audio guard. It was $150 more than the X99-A.

I would definitely buy this again. I am a die hard Asus fan, and have never had an issue with their boards.

I payed $450 for this board and I couldnt be happier. It overclocks well, the audio solution is good, it has supurb VRM coooling, really the list goes on. Ive owned it for 5 months and the only issue I have is that sometimes, randonly it doesnt post and spews out an overclock error. A quick restart fixes this issue however.

i was reading your post when something caught the corner of my eye.....gtx 980 hof :o:o !!!

need to pick up some thing in particular in a hurry

That is very true. Amazon[1] , even living within 50 miles of the distribution centre (I live in Balerno [Edinburgh] the distribution centre is in Dunfermline),takes a day, so if you need a X-Y adapter immediately then you have no choice but to use  Maplins.

£5.00 Maplins V £1.99 Amazon so if you can wait a day or so (possibly weeks if it's coming from China) use Amazon[1] else...

[1] Other online retailers are availlable.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 because i got it cheap and i like the PCI-e layout (a 1x slot above the first 16x slot so my wifi card wont interfere with a possible second graphics card + it doesnt have PCI slots which i think dont belong in anything after 2010).

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro

what mother board do you have?

why did you buy it?

would you buy it again?

gallery_16915_254_630.jpg

1) i would buy this again, it was in an old pc that i bought for £11

2) currently i would not buy it again. i Prefer my asus a88xm plus

3) using it now to oc an athlon 64 3000+, i bought it because it is a super high end board back in its day and i would buy it again

4) i bought it because it was cheap when i was building my first pc. would not buy again!

5) This board is amazing, its got an agp slot with a Sapphire ATI HD3850 and northwood P4's. it can push 1.8v all day too and it cost £8 or something :). would buy again 

6) I like this board, but it always seems to feel like its running at 9/10 and i would buy a gigabyte EP45 DQ6 or extreme over this.

7) This has been my daily driver for nearly 2 years, i've had 3 different cpus over 1.6v on it and its been great. It was also better than the maximus gene V that i tried so i would buy it again.

8) Its the most expensive board i've ever bought. it is a very very nice board for the price, i would buy it again, but i would aslo consider the asrock z97 oc formula

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

• 2 years later...

asus ROG Strix z370-G m-atx and asus z370 strix E D4 full atx.

brought because had 3 gigabyte boards and they all had some problems. asrock boards are also good but asus rules for overclocking 8000 series chips. would buy again just because asus seems to be better quality and more features and better support, would never buy gigabyte again

On 28.3.2015 at 5:50 AM, conhasshoff said:

what mother board do you have?

why did you buy it?

would you buy it again?

Asus ROG Strix z370-f 1151.

i bought it becuase i needed something good for my first build. So i wouldn't have problems with the build

yes i would buy again. Amazing motherboard