what motherboard do you have?

Asus X79 deluxe.

Bought cause has loads of features - powered eSata, loads of SATA and USB ports, and support for Xeons and 128GB ECC RAM.

Failed.

Replacement took 2 months on a commercial warranty.

Still repairing my RAID arrays.

Would not buy again.

wow im surprised to hear that, esp coming from an asus board,youd think the price and name would stand to it! :o

WHAT:

asrock fatal1ty z77 professional-m

WHY:
because it was a nice red board that fitted my build, ROG's were way to expensive atm.
Lot's of features for a great price.

AGAIN?:
Nope, not at all
It is a stable board, but it's m-atx, and the extra slots would be so extremely handy.

Sabertooth Z79 Mark II

Because it had a very good warranty (likely to wear it out rather than replace it so longevity of use is needed[ could have used one of the UD variants of Gigabyte but they were dearer])

Didn't like the idea of little(40mm?) fans screaming away and I fiully realise they are optional but why have unventilated thermal armour? so mark II rather than a more 'normal' Sabertooth. Not too enamoured of white and do not have a windowed case so no need for the Mark S.

Not daft on the USB 3 port being at right angles to the board (only just fits[1] in a Define R5).  But everything else seems to be OK .

Buy again ~ Not sure (possibly try a mATX board next time. 

[1] For "Just fits" read bending to fit and pressures involved are 'acceptable'.

i was looking into the z97 sabertooth, would you recommend it?

good points about the fans and thermal armor, and ya i was looking at the mark 1 and mark s, 40pounds difference for the colour...

wow im surprised to hear that, esp coming from an asus board,youd think the price and name would stand to it! :o

Yes. The board costs $500 here, plus a fair bit more for the extra warranty.

Customer service was terrible.

That said, the board is truly excellent when it's working stable, and is probably one of the best designed boards in history.

Yes. The board costs $500 here, plus a fair bit more for the extra warranty.

Customer service was terrible.

That said, the board is truly excellent when it's working stable, and is probably one of the best designed boards in history.

ya x99 boards here arent any cheaper, i usually order my stuff from germany or the uk, NEVER I MEAN NEVER buy components in ireland, i think they add on to the normal price for shits and giggles 

Asus P8z68LE. I bought it because it had all the features I needed at the time, was within a sensible budget. and well I'm an Asus slag

im kinda going that way too with asus ....

im kinda going that way too with asus ....

I have no reason to be an Asus slag other than every mobo I've bought as an adult has been Asus lol so it's all I know.

so when I shop for an upgrade I just click sort by manufacturer choose Asus and pick from there.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

i was looking into the z97 sabertooth, would you recommend it?

Certainly seems ok ;10K caps, server grade tests (may  well be marketing BS) and all that.

Quite pricey, if you are the type to upgrade when as soon as a new chipset is announced stear clear but if you are likely to keep the board for a while the upper spec components, 'server tests' and warranty may well swing it for you.

One caveat is that USB3 connector, ensure the case you intend to use is compatible with the connector being at 90° to the 'normal'

As I said it 'fits' in the R5 but it all depends on how comfortable you are shoehorning something into a space.

Edit :- R5 has a motherboard 'tray' with angled edges so the USB3 connector is a bit restricted, no such problems with the R4 which has a flat motherboard 'tray'.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Sorry to do another post but eh

I also have a Gigabyte Z68-APD3 which i run my current HTPC on with an i5 2320 and GTX 550Ti but i had ran my 3770K on, and i tell ya when i talk bad about CX PSU's and the crap they did to my components with both of them failing, the Z68 board stood firm and tall against those 2 POA PSU's how the heck the board survived while it ravaged my GTX 590 and my 3770K and did slight damage to my 7950 partially is beyond me, So i guess ethier it had nice build quality or i picked up a miracle product

Piece of ass/ And before you ask i guess i can be the Forums Resident 4820K lover and CX PSU Hater

Anyways to the board in general, It's a nice board, i was a bit pissed initially when it had No VGA connector since i was using a vga monitor back then (More like a TV with VGA connection) And maybe the bios was a bit weird at first but experience wise i really like and i see it being in my HTPC for a long long time yet.

Hey bro whatcha DOOOOOOOOIN *Barfs fruit salads on your chest*

i7 4820K / Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ 6GB \ 16GB Corsair Vengeance (4X4) / Gigabyte X79-UD3 \ EVGA Supernova G2 850W / Windows 7 Ultimate / Dell U2412M \

Dat be spooky....my hella rad pootpoot *u*

Biostar TZ77XE3

Bought it because well it was cheap at the time, fit my needs then.

When I upgrade I'll buy a better board, I'd like some more USB ports, fan headers or maybe some other features I might want to use down the road.

Am I the only one around here who really doesn't like pcpartpicker?
I also like Ubisoft and Origin/EA          
Guess I'm just odd that way.

HATER OF MAIL IN REBATES!

I finally have a Gaming 7 from MSI.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

ROG Maximus Hero VII

Why?  I liked the color scheme because I'm a black and red edgelord and have had nothing but good experiences with Asus stuff.  In retrospect, I don't use more than about 25% of the stuff bundled with this motherboard, but it was around 170-180 dollars because Microcenter is amazing.

Do I recommend it?  If you want to rice, go ahead.

how is it??

It looks fucking sweet. Haven't gotten to use it. Gotta wait till Sunday to get paid and pick up a 4790k and some ram.

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

I have a Gigabyte Z77X-DH3 for my 2500k. It's a good board and it has a black PCB <3

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

It looks fucking sweet. Haven't gotten to use it. Gotta wait till Sunday to get paid and pick up a 4790k and some ram.

you will fall in love with this kit mate! good choice

i think the MSI logo on the chipset heatsink even lights up...which looks sick!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

you will fall in love with this kit mate! good choice

i think the MSI logo on the chipset heatsink even lights up...which looks sick!

It does. Its fucking sexy. If I didn't have a girlfriend I'd sleep with it every night.

Spoiler

It does. Its fucking sexy. If I didn't have a girlfriend I'd sleep with it every night.

:) MSI Glamour shot!

HPIM4030.jpg

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Rampage IV Extreme

I bought it for it's unbeatable price to performance ratio.

Nah, I think I'll get something a bit more expensive and pointless next time.

Gigabyte Z97X-SOC

I hate it as much as every other gigabyte board I have had (4 in total)

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

gigabyte GA-Z97X- SOC FORCE , why did i buy ? it matched my current theme well , would i buy again ? no i would buy an assus tough series with the shielding on it , gives a much cleaner look 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

:) MSI Glamour shot!

HPIM4030.jpg

Mines not as sexy.

Also poorly cable managed.

Also lost my imgur linkhttp://m.imgur.com/BpzzgGl

Spoiler

Mines not as sexy.

Also poorly cable managed.

Also lost my imgur linkhttp://m.imgur.com/BpzzgGl

that's gonna be sweet...once you'll really be into it i'm sure you'll find some time to make proper cable management and stuff...its the part i actualy enjoy the most doing...i've fitted an EK backplate on my GPU recently just so that it looks good :P