Need to discreetly kill my wife's laptop

ELSknutson

@OP

before reading the laptop part, I thought you wrote " I want to discretely kill my wife"...LOL!!!

Linus Wife killing tips...LOL!!!

or quickkilley or killing in 30 seconds.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

If the screen is hooped the screen is hooped. Save all her data and get her a new laptop. Not sure why she has a choice

Edit: a y50 is a terrible idea if she doesn't game. Get her a macbook doppelganger.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I would just wait when she is away then just swap it over.

when she comes home just act dumb .... gee honey i thought that was your laptop

Its all about those volumetric clouds

here is all option I'm thinking of:

- kill the fan

- kill the thermal paste

- clone the drive than corrupt it (you'll look as a saviour from saving data and the laptop will not work anymore)

- unplug wifi connector 

- kill touchpad

- kill keyboard

- remove ram 

- kill motherboard

- kill screen

- kill speaker + audio jack (this may not be sufficient tho)

that's pretty much all idea I have

Trip on the powercord and make sure to destroy the powerjack that  goes into the laptop. Good luck finding a replacement :)

This:

dc-Jack-repair.jpg

Edited by Pesmerga

no she not scared about that but she is kinda cheep when it come to electronics. Especially computers. I think its because I spend more time with them then her she has grown jealous. 

Same thing with my parents, they think that a 2.5 year old iPad 3 is still good....

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Discretely pull out all of the SODIMMs and say nothing  :ph34r: .

The laptop won't boot. 

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Open it up and gouge the die for the CPU. Can't run if that's dead. Maybe cut a few traces on the motherboard while you're at it.

Same thing with my parents, they think that a 2.5 year old iPad 3 is still good....

I have an IPad 2 and it´s still good... (only using it for YouTube and ProCreate - otherwise it´s too old)

it is

This

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Just buy her a new one one day, take the SSD out and swap it in to the new one, and boom she'll start using the new one :P

Or.... let your son play with it and tell him to step on it and break it lol or give him water to drink and tell him to spill it. 

Then she can blame your son for it.. :P

This is so easy!

I'm telling your wife btw about all of this so you are screwed jk

Actually I am telling her

This

I have had it for 2.5 years and it is getting slow and apps keep crashing

And to make it even worse, my dad does not want to dump his 8 year old laptop which still has XP on  it 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Hm... your plan might work if you don't get caught.

Another thing you could do, is just take out the RAM. It would probably be easier then tearing the whole thing apart to remove the thermal paste. and it will just beep at you when you try to turn it on. I know from personal experience :P

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

I have had it for 2.5 years and it is getting slow and apps keep crashing

And to make it even worse, my dad does not want to dump his 8 year old laptop which still has XP on  it 

Just because it has XP on it, doesn't mean it sucks... My brother still runs a core 2 quad and he loves it. He can game fine with the R9 270X I put in last year, and he can do his photoediting. I of course updated the OS to win7 as soon as I had a spare license, but it is still a pretty decent PC.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

"Accidentally" Throw water all over it.

Make sure to soak it wet , "Accidentally"

Whoops!

*Rips computer out of her hands and whips it out the window into a pool or pond*

My bad.

*Gives decent laptop*

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

If you really need to do this just remove the SATA cable and watch it not boot or damage itself.

God you people are way too creative when it comes to destroying things.

HydrOS (Waterworks 3.0) Pictures: // One // Two // Three

i7 5820k @ 4.3GHz (1.165v) // Asus X99-A // 16GB-DDR4 Vengeance 2400 CAS13 // RAID 0 Intel 730 240GB // Nvidia Titan X (+200Core +500Memory) // Swiftech D5 // ASUS ROG SWIFT

Put properly trimmed clear tape on the battery contacts so that they don't make contact anymore whilst being invisible.  Then do the same with the outside of the power plug. 

There you go, instant "death".  If you want to get it working again, just remove the tape.

Hide the Charger and tell her it´s not worth getting a replacement charger because that would be too expensive considering the laptop specs...

It's your wife?

Buy the new one, present it to her, tell her that her options are to accept the laptop, or have sex with you right then and there.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs