Need to discreetly kill my wife's laptop

ELSknutson

dead ram stick, taking off thermal past , unplugging the fan, taking off the display cable 

ok

Replace the Thermal Paste with Whip Cream

Because he had a hard drive.

Force thermal throttling by overclocking for a few days, then do the "RAM kill".

This way the failure will seem more realistic.

Grow some balls, buy one and deal with it.

Lord knows I did when I brought my GTX 970

Story Time?

Because he had a hard drive.

Grow some balls, buy one and deal with it.

Lord knows I did when I brought my GTX 970

um ya I dont feel like hearing her bitch at me for 2 weeks because I bout a laptop with out allotting it in the budget. that and she would just return it.

Story Time?

nothing much to say, she didn't talk on day one, then she complained that we could've gone on holiday, same old stuff

um ya I dont feel like hearing her bitch at me for 2 weeks because I bout a laptop with out allotting it in the budget. that and she would just return it.

Fair enough, your loss.

Personally unless you can't afford it, I wouldn't let her stop you

ESD all the way just buy a electric lighter and remove the clicker (?) and go to town on the visible mobo parts

DIY 

CHOPPED!

nothing much to say, she didn't talk on day one, then she complained that we could've gone on holiday, same old stuff

Fair enough, your loss.

Personally unless you can't afford it, I wouldn't let her stop you

we are saveing for a House at the moment 

hahah this thread is funny! 

Why not just buy her a laptop? surely she will just use the new one if you buy it?

Or could DEL system 32... 

ESD all the way just buy a electric lighter and remove the clicker (?) and go to town on the visible mobo parts

that would reek the board I'm trying to resell this afterwards 

we are saveing for a House at the moment

sorry man, I'd side with your wife then :/ and I'm guess if she brought a new one you'd end up with an i3 not an i7, cos its cheaper

@ELSknutson just open it and disconnect the fan header(s)

It won't be able to stay on for more than 4-5 minutes, and it doesn't harm the computer.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

sorry man, I'd side with your wife then :/ and I'm guess if she brought a new one you'd end up with an i3 not an i7, cos its cheaper

I may have to look for a used i5 or i7 but anythings better then what she has.

Why not twist / bend the fans fins so that they make a horrible grinding noise? If possible so that they are barely able to do there job.

When she asks for you to fix it just explain how you can't buy that part anymore so it's best get a new laptop before it completly dies, if she still refuses just snap the fan and leave the broken fin to block the fan.

How about just showing home with the new laptop, "better to ask for forgiveness than for permission". Plus if it is already bought then it is there so she might as well use it.

It would need to be convincing because she has seen me dismantle fix it a laptop completely and resemble it to it original working state 

That kind of ruined it. You're too good man! :D

Is she afraid of spiders cockroaches or ants? Go to some animals store or sth. and plant a colony right next to the cpu and see what comes out of the air vents once she turns it back on. Nobody would wanna keep a laptop that cockroaches have lived in. And there's a good explanation too: she spilled the coke inside the laptop and the insects just wanted the sugar so they nested in her laptop. Maybe even put some food for the insects next to the HDD so they don't starve. :D

who cares...

frisbee it out the window, pro tip

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Remove the antenna connectors from the wireless card, or maybe the ribbon cable to the touch pad/keyboard? You could always disconnect them, and torch them up a bit.. that way, if she demands you use your knowledge to attempt to repair it once she realizes somethings up, you can perfect that "Oh shit; what happened here?" face, when you show off those toasted cables. 

-shrug- I don't know, man. I've never had to purposely kill a system. 

I can send you the source code for a virus that deletes the c drive just make sure to turn off antivirus first. or do what i did once to a shitty computer life cpu up put water in pin bed put down and start. or just disconnect hard drive.

I say you just tell her what's what. Breaking it, even at the attempt of being sneaky, might cause problems and I don't mean with the PC! :o

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Over volt the cpu on the laptop.

Over volt the ram.

OVER VOLT EVERYTHING UNTIL IT BURNS.

i like this over volt it just enough to work and it will slowly die

So My wife has a Walmart special HP DV6 

something similar to this 

http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-dv6-6130us-Entertainment-Notebook/dp/B005LLYKEK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1427373502&sr=8-2&keywords=Hp+DV6

I Put some tweeks to it though I added a Samsung 840 pro 128GB SSD and 4GB more ram 

when the lap top was new it was not to bad but fast forward 4 years and well it needs to die

my wife is an accountant and does a lot of school work and runs allot of accounting software on her PC but about 4 months ago she spilled a Coke on her display so now its all blotchy but the laptop is still usable so she doesn't want to get rid of it.  The laptop has seen better days and if i put the old 500GB HDD in it and take out a sodimm and sell it 

Im guessing I may get $100-$150 for it. So my goal is to make it seem like the PC is not fixable (which no pc is un-fixable) and would cost more to repair then just getting a new laptop. 

My Idea was to take the thermal past off the Cpu Because the computer fan has been running at 100% for about 3 weeks now and I know i can fix it but Im not going to. 

I want to get her a nice Laptop Like a Linovo Y50 with an i5 or i7 in it.

so my question is do you the community know a way to discreetly kill my wifes lap top?

disconnect the display panel, should work.

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress