Need to discreetly kill my wife's laptop

ELSknutson

"Accidentally" Throw water all over it.

Make sure to soak it wet , "Accidentally"

Erm...

Not sure as to how you'd kill it off, against my morals, maybe just take out the RAM, and just say that the processor is dying and that the connection between the CPU and HDD is failing... lol Idk :P

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

you missed this 

, The screen is blotchy, the num pad the 2 and 8 does not work, hdmi port doesnt work, and its not fast enough for what she uses it for. 

Remove all of the good parts and smash it up and have done with it in that case.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

So My wife has a Walmart special HP DV6 

something similar to this 

http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-dv6-6130us-Entertainment-Notebook/dp/B005LLYKEK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1427373502&sr=8-2&keywords=Hp+DV6

I Put some tweeks to it though I added a Samsung 840 pro 128GB SSD and 4GB more ram 

when the lap top was new it was not to bad but fast forward 4 years and well it needs to die

my wife is an accountant and does a lot of school work and runs allot of accounting software on her PC but about 4 months ago she spilled a Coke on her display so now its all blotchy but the laptop is still usable so she doesn't want to get rid of it.  The laptop has seen better days and if i put the old 500GB HDD in it and take out a sodimm and sell it 

Im guessing I may get $100-$150 for it. So my goal is to make it seem like the PC is not fixable (which no pc is un-fixable) and would cost more to repair then just getting a new laptop. 

My Idea was to take the thermal past off the Cpu Because the computer fan has been running at 100% for about 3 weeks now and I know i can fix it but Im not going to. 

I want to get her a nice Laptop Like a Linovo Y50 with an i5 or i7 in it.

so my question is do you the community know a way to discreetly kill my wifes lap top?

Get an adapter for a 220 receptacle to make it accept a 110 plug? plug it in. (have extinguisher handy)

I'll be honest with you dude...if that thing belonged to someone I loved enough to marry, I'd take an electronics course to keep the thing working :0/

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Delete the OS and try and convince her it's not worth fixing.

CPU: i7 5820K @ 4.00GHz Mobo: ASUS X99-DELUXE LGA 2011-v3RAM: Corsair LPX 64GB Quad-Channel DDR4 @ 2400MHzGPU: GTX 970 x2 SLI | Storage: 250 GB AMD SSD x 4 Raid 0

Stage a break in and the only thing they took was a near death hp laptop. Jk you could do the dead ram thing that might work.

Overkill Chill:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU with Hyper 212evo | RAM:  2 x 4 GB DDR3 MoBo: ASRock H61M-DGS R2.0 | PSU: Rosewill PHOTON 750W | GPU: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280 3GB | Case: Antec One Gaming | Storage: Kingston HyperX 120gb, Seagate 2 TB | OS: Windows 10 | Displays:  Asus VS228H-P, Hp 2009m

ya and we all seen how that turned out. Fail!

Well, those were XPS's.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

If she is still happy with her laptop, then let her be happy with it, for godsake.

Put it acidently into the dish washer.

Say you thought it was a chopping board.