Galaxy S6 less bloatware then even vanilla Android phones.

Teehee

choose m8 if you want htc phone.m9 is worse in every department compared to previous model

yea true after watching the reviews that came out.... now it's just time to see how the S6 will compare 

CPU: AMD 5790t Motherboard: Gigabyte Forumlar XII RAM: Ah Whole set of it GPU: GTX 290x Ti Storage: Ah Ton of HDD PSU: Once it on Display(s): Well I still seeing pixels Cooling: It running COOL BRO Keyboard: *click* *click* Mouse: MORE *click* Sound: OHH DE BASEE

yea true after watching the reviews that came out.... now it's just time to see how the S6 will compare 

Don't expect much. People are overly excited because its a nicely made Samsung phone the likes of which people have never seen from Samsung but at its core...its more of the same. 

I wasn't too terribly impressed with it. But that seems like a very common thread with all the releases in the past year. They are meh. If you're a brand new shopper, of course its great. But for everyone else with even 2 year old devices? Meh. 

Really hope this will be the new trends for all the newer android phones out there.

That's good to hear, now ship it with stock Android(minus the camera) and you win Samsung. Also, how exactly do you install the Play Store after you get rid of it?

Don't expect much. People are overly excited because its a nicely made Samsung phone the likes of which people have never seen from Samsung but at its core...its more of the same. 

I wasn't too terribly impressed with it. But that seems like a very common thread with all the releases in the past year. They are meh. If you're a brand new shopper, of course its great. But for everyone else with even 2 year old devices? Meh. 

How exactly is the S6 "meh"? Everything but the lack of microSD and removable battery seems superb.

If they had just kept those two things I would most likely have said it was a great upgrade for someone with a 2 year old device (assuming it is as good as I think it will be).

How exactly is the S6 "meh"? Everything but the lack of microSD and removable battery seems superb.

If they had just kept those two things I would most likely have said it was a great upgrade for someone with a 2 year old device (assuming it is as good as I think it will be).

Because it doesn't feel special to use. The glass back stopped being fun just like the one on the iPhone stopped being fun, only this time I didn't drop one and find out the hard way. The display isn't a gigantic step up. The performance is typical Android, its nice that you can remove everything but thats because Samsung got legally forced to so its not like I'm giving them brownie points for that. 

This isn't a compelling device to upgrade to. Its just a passable one. Maybe I'm just not going to drink the kool aid of hype for all these devices. Nothing last year blew me away, nothing this year is shaping up to do different. 

Its just...a phone. Its fine to use. Theres nothing about it that makes it any better or worse than anything else I can go out and buy. Maybe that time in phones is done for now, where each year brings something amazing. We're at the good enough stage where you can buy whatever tickles your fancy. I'm just saying, the S6 isn't something to fawn over any more than whats on sale already. 

Because it doesn't feel special to use.

So? "Feel special to use" sounds like a really shitty excuse to dislike something. If you want something special to use then build a Raspberry Pi phone or something. That will be really special, unlike a phone produced in millions of copies.

The display isn't a gigantic step up.

Says who? And if you are going to respond "me" then I would like to know what you compare it against and what the stats are for the ones you are comparing.

SAMOLED got a lot better last generation (SAMOLED generation, not phone generation) so I am hoping that the display will be phenomenal (which is not too unrealistic expectation).

The performance is typical Android

Again, says who and if it was you, how did you test it?

its nice that you can remove everything but thats because Samsung got legally forced to so its not like I'm giving them brownie points for that.

So you are just going to disregard a very good change because you don't like the reason they changed? A good chance is a good change no matter what. The reason for a change should have no impact on how good the actual change is. What's next? "They only cursed cancer because they wanted to cure their CEO so I am not giving them brownie points for that"?

This isn't a compelling device to upgrade to. Its just a passable one. Maybe I'm just not going to drink the kool aid of hype for all these devices. Nothing last year blew me away, nothing this year is shaping up to do different.

I haven't made my mind up on the Galaxy S 6 yet but I think it has the potential to be fantastic... Except for the retarded decisions to remove microSD, the lack of removable battery and the metal/glass body.

Its just...a phone. Its fine to use. Theres nothing about it that makes it any better or worse than anything else I can go out and buy. Maybe that time in phones is done for now, where each year brings something amazing. We're at the good enough stage where you can buy whatever tickles your fancy. I'm just saying, the S6 isn't something to fawn over any more than whats on sale already.

Well if you aren't amazed by specs then you could basically say that about every single smartphone ever released, including the original iPhone. If the camera, SoC and display are as good as I don't think you can just "buy whatever tickles your fancy" because the S6 will clearly be superior to all other smartphones out on the market (not counting the iPhones because it's like comparing Apples and robots).

The M9 turned out to be a colossal turd, LG won't have the G4 out for a few more months, I haven't heard anything from Sony, One+ are still keeping their lips zipped about the Two... The only thing Samsung has to do to be the obvious choice is to not fuck up and take steps backwards (which they have already done on microSD and the back of the device but you get my point).

That's lovely, but it's still slower than sense from my subjective tests, so it's not good enough yet. If I was to get a new flagship I'd still pick up an M9 than an S6 after using them both.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

you cant get more stock than vanilla ... its vanilla

Yes it can, Vanalia isn't stock Android it's a ROM by google.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

-snip-

You wanted my thoughts, you got them. I used the device, I didn't like it. I sent it back because I wasn't compelled to keep it. Thats pretty much it.

As a phone, its not something I really cared enough about for it to replace my daily driver. The year old Passport is a better phone (for me) than the S6. But that just my opinion. Do you want a 10 page review that rivals Anandtech before you take my opinion seriously? 

Why do you need to tear everything apart so literally? 

That's lovely, but it's still slower than sense from my subjective tests, so it's not good enough yet. If I was to get a new flagship I'd still pick up an M9 than an S6 after using them both.

Slower how exactly ??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Slower how exactly ??

when I was using them one after the other, the M9 was able to back out of tasks and be usable quicker than the S6. For example going into chrome, loading a webpage then clicking the home button, then entering the play store. The M9 subjectively was able to do those faster than the S6, which stuttered when I pressed home and had to quickly reset the icons and widgets. Considering they were store demo devices, it's probably not how they are normally, but it didn't fill me with confidence.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

when I was using them one after the other, the M9 was able to back out of tasks and be usable quicker than the S6. For example going into chrome, loading a webpage then clicking the home button, then entering the play store. The M9 subjectively was able to do those faster than the S6, which stuttered when I pressed home and had to quickly reset the icons and widgets. Considering they were store demo devices, it's probably not how they are normally, but it didn't fill me with confidence.

Just to make sure both of them were running Android Lollipop ??

What about the feel and the temp ??? did you try a intensive task ?? or were there any benchmarks to run ?? 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Just to make sure both of them were running Android Lollipop ??

What about the feel and the temp ??? did you try a intensive task ?? or were there any benchmarks to run ??

Both were on lollipop, not sure which version though, but I did play the little lollipop game. There weren't any benchmarks or games, although I did try some 4K recording. The S6 had a 5 minute cutoff point and was getting warm to the touch after less than a minute, whilst the M9 from what I could see didn't have a noted cutoff point, but wasn't as warm after a minute.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

You wanted my thoughts, you got them. I used the device, I didn't like it. I sent it back because I wasn't compelled to keep it. Thats pretty much it.

As a phone, its not something I really cared enough about for it to replace my daily driver. The year old Passport is a better phone (for me) than the S6. But that just my opinion. Do you want a 10 page review that rivals Anandtech before you take my opinion seriously? 

Why do you need to tear everything apart so literally? 

Well your "thoughts" sounded very much like declarative statements so of course I am going to ask how you came to that conclusion and I would like to see some evidence for it.

"The performance is X" is not really something you can say and then go "just my opinion". Imagine how silly that would sound when talking about for example a GPU.

*"Performance of the 390X is typical PCIe"

*"What do you mean by that?"

*"Just my opinion"

I don't have any problem with opinions as long as they aren't ridiculous (like saying a good change doesn't count because they didn't willingly change). I have a problem with opinions being presented as if they were facts. "I just didn't like it" would have been enough. Don't go around saying something isn't worth buying, just a meh upgrade and everyone is just drinking kool aid then go "just my opinion" when someone calls you out on it.

Sorry if I am taking things too literally.

It's funny I remember reading nearly a year ago the Korean government banned unremovable bloat ware on mobile devices and yet it's still a thing with Korean phones outside Korea

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

This is awesome.. I remember my s4.. So MUCH crap

Wait, so..what? Was it not Samsung who was moving away from android?

Wait, so..what? Was it not Samsung who was moving away from android?

They are, just not in large market devices. They are trying to push forward their Tizen OS in low-end smartphones in emerging markets such as India, China and Vietnam. In first-world countries the only place you'll really see Tizen are their smartwatches.

"Rawr XD"

Yea lol. 

I guess free productivity apps that don't suck are bloatware now. 

I mean, it's still bloatware. I don't use that stuff personally. If it's removable then I couldn't care less. I just hate knowing there's stuff on my phone that I'll never use and I can't remove.

That's probably why I'll end up getting whatever OnePlus phone is out at the time of me wanting an upgrade - or just getting an iPhone (more likely) so all of my app freakin' work.  :angry:

choose m8 if you want htc phone.m9 is worse in every department compared to previous model

How? From what I have seen, the M9 is better in many ways. Thinner, lighter, yet from what I've heard it feels better in the hand and is less slippery.

Better rear camera but still not the best camera on a smart phone and the 4 ultra pixel camera went on the front which should take good selfies.

Screen is about the same but will save battery by not going 1440p

Dual front speakers improved by adding Dolby technology

Has a larger battery. 2850mAh vs 2600mAh

Has 3gb or ram vs 2gb on m8

Has the snapdragon 810 which is faster.

It also still supports micro SD card unlike the GS6

Has newer HTC sense 7.0 and newest android OS from the start.

So, how is it worse?

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/HTC-One-M9,HTC-One-M8/phones/9003,8242

The only thing that's stopping me from getting the S6 is the bootloader will(Most likely) be locked on my carrier as usual and touchwiz still looks like ass despite being more lightweight

Life.exe is missing

How? From what I have seen, the M9 is better in many ways. Thinner, lighter, yet from what I've heard it feels better in the hand and is less slippery.

You are really grasping at straws if you have to bring up it being 0.26mm thinner and 3 grams lighter. The difference is so small that an M9 with a phantom glass screen protector will be heavier and thicker than the M8 without.

Screen is about the same but will save battery by not going 1440p

The screen is not the same. I can't believe people on a tech forum like this still don't understand that there is more to a screen that just resolution and size.

Dual front speakers improved by adding Dolby technology

I want you to explain what exactly the Dolby technology HTC has added does, and why it makes it better. I know what it does, and right now you remind me a lot of the people going "it has blast processing" back in the 90's.

Has a larger battery. 2850mAh vs 2600mAh

and HTC tried to save a few dollars on each phone so they removed the panel self refresh, which means the battery life is worse than the M8 despite having a bigger battery. It doesn't matter if the battery is 1,000mAh or 10,000mAh if the battery life is still worse.

It also still supports micro SD card unlike the GS6

But we are comparing it to the M8, not the S6, so it's kind of irrelevant.

Has newer HTC sense 7.0 and newest android OS from the start.

The M8 will get Sense 7 as well.