Wet Laptop Recovery AGAIN Dell XPS 13

Same issue with the z1 here!

It really does suck. They need to work on their waterproofing. Did you have any luck claiming warranty?

It appears to me that you only had really bad luck. I'm regularly taking pictures with my Z2 while being under water and never had any damage.

• Primary PC: i7-3770K@4,6GHz | Thermalright Macho | ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance@1866MHz | 2x Gigabyte 660ti 3GB@1130MHz | 256 GB Samsung 840 | WD Black 1TB | BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 650W | Zalman Z11
  • Secondary PC: i7-860@3,1GHz | Scythe Katana 3 | ASUS Maximus III Formula P55 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | 2x Zotac GTX 280@650MHz | WD Velociraptor 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 750W | Coolermaster Cosmos S

Hahahahaghah

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

It appears to me that you only had really bad luck. I'm regularly taking pictures with my Z2 while being under water and never had any damage.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Dafuq Sony!!?

You guys are insane. Well, Linus is. The rest of the team always seems a little more reasonable.

Now leaves slicks pc out in the rain OOPS

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You guys are insane. Well, Linus is. The rest of the team always seems a little more reasonable.

Did you see the connect-4 channel superfun they did? I think Brandon wasn't all that happy with Berkle after that one

....am I the only one who feels like Linus was like....really good at that salute? Seemed like he had done it before.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Again, i like the different videos! i am curious as to why @LinusTech still does videos for Ncix though.

In my holiday my Nexus 5 drank some water to.

I just opened the cover on the back and put the device on rice. This was the only thing I could do.

After a week on rice, I tried to turn it back on. It didn't turn on, it didn't react to anything.
So I tried to charge it. While charging I recognised the LED blinking red, which was a sign that something is wrong with the battery.

Back home I finally had some tools to completely disassemble the device.

After taking out the battery I saw that the battery was dead. So I ordered a new one on amazon (~17€) because I wanted to know.

When the battery arrived I put it in the device and startet it up.

If it shows a white picture you can see some slightly brighter  areas.

Also when trying to charge it on the QI-Charger it didn't charge. Later I also found out that the NFC didn't work.

The NFC coil is emedded in the cover. After bending the contacts everything worked fine again.

I think the part which dies first is the battery in these devices. If your device drowns, just take out the battery and dry the device for some time.
(good airflow, rice, alcohol?)

I found an error. The video thumbnail should have read:

"Oops," I did it again.

@nicklmg There was so much enthusiasm when the last video was made , what happened? everyone was kinda dull 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I wonder what laptop wouldn't survive being left out in the rain and then being dried for 3 days. I do love my XPS 13, but I find it difficult to imagine it is more waterproof then any Lenovo Thinkpad, which actually has holes under the keyboard for water to drip out of. Linus needs to break an ultrabook doing this, to show that Dell laptops are actually special. :)

Razer's turn next please. :)

Maybe the think pads? 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Thats amazing, didnt expect it to survive but good to see how far they've come :)

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

@nicklmg There was so much enthusiasm when the last video was made , what happened? everyone was kinda dull 

We've all been working our tails off lately to prepare for Linus being away for 3 weeks. Everyone is kinda burnt out at this point.

The fire will reignite...

Why is nick typing as he were Linus??

BAH, I do YouTube descriptions in first person and usually remember to change them over when I copy the description over to the forum. DISREGARD.  :P

No way they would do that to the Blade without Razer's permission. Would be really cool to see though especially if Linus was left in the dark about it, although seeing as it is being discussed on the forum he might be half prepared for it.

@nicklmg

Any chance of this happening?

HIGHLY doubtful...

I don't think even Linus is crazy enough to test the fury of Min-Liang Tan  :P

Nice triple post Nick.

Nice video too.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum