LG making the next Nexus smartphone, Korean press reports

Majinferno

TQ6j25x.jpg

There's much speculation each year surrounding who Google will pick to manufacture the next Nexus phone or tablet. And while in recent weeks rumors have swirled around the possibility of a Huawei-made Nexus, a report from a Korean publication claims this may be LG's year.

eToday reports that Google engineers recently visited LG's headquarters and factories in South Korea as part of an upcoming collaboration with the codename 'N000.' That device, the publication claims, will be the next Nexus smartphone, which reportedly also carries the working name "Nexus 7." The Googlers' visit to LG reportedly included locations relating to LG Display and the company's R&D labs, as well as facilities involved in manufacturing wireless charging parts and OIS (optical image stabilization) components for cameras.

If these reports are true, it would be the third Nexus smartphone made by the Korean firm, after the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5. It'd also see LG match Samsung's record of three Nexus devices. The name of any possible future Nexus will be a point of contention, though — launching a third Nexus 7 might cause confusion with the two ASUS-made tablets of the same name.

While we're still in very rumory waters here, the timing is right for such a project to be in its early stages, and LG's partnership with Google has already yielded two Nexus smartphones, a Google Play edition tablet and three Android Wear watches — not to mention countless LG-branded Android phones.

Source:http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-making-next-nexus-smartphone-korean-press-reports?

Was kinda excited for Huawei, but I don't mind either way. LG did great on the nexus 5 and I hope Google goes back to that low price point.

Update 3/31

The likelihood that Google’s Nexus 2015 smartphone will be patterned after the LG G4 or LG G4 Note is gaining sufficient traction. Essentially, the two upcoming LG flagships are providing hints on the specs and features that will be packed with the sequel for the next vanilla Android phone.

As rumours surfaced that the Nexus branding will return to the LG fold this year, speculations were sparked that the Google signature phone will be moulded after the 2015 flagship coming from the South Korean device vendor. Considering the reports that LG plans to unpack two hero phones – the G4 and the G4 Note – leaked details on the devices give a glimpse of what the next Nexus phone would be.

5.7-inch profile

The source is quite lengthy. If u want the fool run down please check the link here :http://au.ibtimes.com/google-nexus-2015-phone-specs-features-likely-revealed-leaked-lg-g4-g4-note-details-1434731

I'm actually kind of happy. I'd rather have LG make it rather than Huawei. :P That's just my opinion though.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Would love a real successor to the N5; it's pretty much the perfect phone already, but wouldn't hurt with a slight refresh!

Cheers,

Linus

Grr, the only reason this upsets me is that I hate anything and everything audio that comes from LG. My Nexus 5 is super quiet, my Nexus 4 was no better, my Optimus G and Optimus G Pro sucked, too.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I want more information to leak out... I want to see what we are looking at before the OnePlus 2 comes out, because that might be my next phone. (For people with a OPO keep me in mind if you get extra invites?)

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

would love if it was based on that leak a while back that suggests it has a huge battery

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I want more information to leak out... I want to see what we are looking at before the OnePlus 2 comes out, because that might be my next phone. (For people with a OPO keep me in mind if you get extra invites?)

I use the OnePlus One. You know they're open for sale every Tuesday now :P

Nexus 5 2nd gen, PLZ

Less slippery finish, curved screen, better camera, better battery

Oh... and in RED

I get so many compliments on my phone or "ooooo wat is dat?" plus I can never lose this thing

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Less slippery finish, curved screen, better camera, better battery

Oh... and in RED

I get so many compliments on my phone or "ooooo wat is dat?" plus I can never lose this thing

Always looked so orange to me...

I use the OnePlus One. You know they're open for sale every Tuesday now :P

Oh yeah i know, but i want to get the new OnePlus 2, supposedly coming out Q2/3. But I'm guessing it will be invite only again, so i want to see if i can get an invite from someone who would be more likely than me to get it if they aren't going to use it.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

Why go backwards Google?

Motorola's design scheme is much better than LG's at the moment.

I have had the Nexus 5 and Nexus 6 and they are both great phones but I hope LG doesn't cheap out on the hardware like the Nexus 5!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Why go backwards Google?

Motorola's design scheme is much better than LG's at the moment.

I have had the Nexus 5 and Nexus 6 and they are both great phones but I hope LG doesn't cheap out on the hardware like the Nexus 5!

Blehhh not a fan of the front (screen side) of most of Moto's new devices. Design is purely an opinionated thing though so I can't tell you you're wrong  :P

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Blehhh not a fan of the front (screen side) of most of Moto's new devices. Design is purely an opinionated thing though so I can't tell you you're wrong  :P

True, but what exactly don't you find appealing?

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Would love a real successor to the N5; it's pretty much the perfect phone already, but wouldn't hurt with a slight refresh!

The battery life on my Nexus 5 would like to have a word with you...  :P

Seriously though, love the phone, would love to see another iteration with some improvements. Bigger battery, maybe front facing speakers?... (a boy can dream...)

True, but what exactly don't you find appealing?

Design of the speakers. It looks cheap

post-6820-0-98568100-1426874735_thumb.pn

Doesn't look as bad in the pics as it does in the videos

post-6820-0-98568100-1426874735_thumb.pn

Seriously though, love the phone, would love to see another iteration with some improvements. Bigger battery, maybe front facing speakers?... (a boy can dream...)

Battery issues? Hmm, I get 2-3 days per charge out of mine (though I'm not a heavy user by any means...), that's more than reasonable in my eyes. A bigger battery wouldn't hurt, of course.  :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Linus

Battery issues? Hmm, I get 2-3 days per charge out of mine (though I'm not a heavy user by any means...), that's more than reasonable in my eyes. A bigger battery wouldn't hurt, of course.  :rolleyes:

I take mine off the charger at ~8am every morning and it is down to 5% by 11pm without fail  :( I do use it fairly frequently throughout my day.

Maybe you just have the advantage of Swedish efficiency or something  :lol:

Have you tried to flash Franko Kernel?

It helps tremendously though YMMV

The biggest downfall with the Nexus 5 was definitely the battery life, mostly caused by poor standby time. Franko Kernel does wonders <3

Hail Sithis!

You must have a golden Nexus 5 then, because mine averaged 4 hours of screen on time at 25% brightness over a 18 hour period

Hail Sithis!

If LG makes another Nexus 5, they should keep everything the same as Nexus 5 but improve three things: bigger battery life, better camera and storage. They should make the storage a 32GB standard and up to 128GB for people who willingly to spend more for more storage.

I mean Nexus 5 is perfect but those three things that I mention are holding its back IMO.

makes sense. LG made previous nexus phones in the past, so they know how to work with google and do a good job. I actually had a choice between the nexus 5 and the G2 during my last upgrade, and took the G2, but the nexus 5 was still a good choice.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I hope not, the Nexus 5 camera was terrible. And battery life wasn't fantastic. I want a Huawei nexus, try something new

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Design of the speakers. It looks cheap

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Doesn't look as bad in the pics as it does in the videos

Have you seen the phone in person?

Or used the phone?

Hail Sithis!

Have you seen the phone in person?

Or used the phone?

In all fairness those are excellent points. And to answer your question, no I haven't

PS: I really hope taptatalk gets fixed soon so I can reply quicker to these posts