LG making the next Nexus smartphone, Korean press reports

Majinferno

So what happened to Huawei ?! They were supposed to be making next nexus.

Are there gonna be 2 phones this/next year from Google ? (One flagship faplet and one reasonable Nexus 5 second gen)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I hope not, the Nexus 5 camera was terrible. And battery life wasn't fantastic. I want a Huawei nexus, try something new

Well, I think LG has to make a sacrifice on Nexus 5 back then in order to compensate the cost but now that our technologies has improved a lot. I believe LG can improve the Nexus 5 a lot. Better camera sensors, qualities, everything along with increasing battery life and storage capacity. 

Although the camera was terrible, it is still pretty good for a budget smartphone before OnePlus One came along.

The LG G3 can be had for as little as 350€, at the moment. Imo, they should just sell the G3 with a 1080p panel and lower the price to 250€ to 275€. That would make one hell of a Nexus phone.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

I use the OnePlus One. You know they're open for sale every Tuesday now :P

In select countries.. Still can't get them in aus not to mention they specs really aren't that impressive anymore.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

The LG G3 can be had for as little as 350€, at the moment. Imo, they should just sell the G3 with a 1080p panel and lower the price to 250€ to 275€. That would make one hell of a Nexus phone.

That would still put them at $500-$600 AU making them compete with flagships and fail.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

That would still put them at $500-$600 AU making them compete with flagships and fail.

Not sure what you're talking about. 250€ are less than 350 Australian Dollars. The M9 is supposed to be 950 Australian Dollars: http://htconem9updates.com

Also, anyone who thinks that this year's flagships are significantly better (in everyday use) than last year's is a complete fool. There's no way whatsoever that an M9 or S6 would be worth 3 times as much as said variant of a G3.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

Not sure what you're talking about. 250€ are less than 350 Australian Dollars. The M9 is supposed to be 950 Australian Dollars: http://htconem9updates.com

Also, anyone who thinks that this year's flagships are significantly better (in everyday use) than last year's is a complete fool. There's no way whatsoever that an M9 or S6 would be worth 3 times as much as said variant of a G3.

Some reason I read is as pounds lol my bad. The M9 wont sell for that it'll be lucky to get a $700au price tag along with every other flagship that fall into the $600-700aud mark 

In all fairness those are excellent points. And to answer your question, no I haven't

PS: I really hope taptatalk gets fixed soon so I can reply quicker to these posts

tapatalk is fucked for me to, is this a forum based issue or just on tapatalks end.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

If it's even close to as good as the Nexus 5, it's almost an instant buy for me.

Seeing the Nexus line return to affordable prices would be nice. Too bad since I think I've become addicted to some Motorola features like Moto Display and the gestures.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

In all fairness those are excellent points. And to answer your question, no I haven't

PS: I really hope taptatalk gets fixed soon so I can reply quicker to these posts

It's a wonderful design, comfortable in the hand and a great use of screen real estate

Motorola's new design scheme works great, and in my opinion is the best and most attractive Android handset design on the market. I don't know why Google decided to go back to LG for the next Nexus phone.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

If it's even close to as good as the Nexus 5, it's almost an instant buy for me.

Nexus 5 was alright, it's price showed through though.

It felt alright, the speakers were tinny, the display was a bit washed out, the camera had too much variable, the battery life was abysmal.

It was mediocre, IMHO

I had 3 of them, they all had some sort of quirk to them.

Did I love the phone? Yes it was a great device, would I go back to it? No, well not at least as a daily driver.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I wanted Sony to make a Nexus phone :(

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

I wanted Sony to make a Nexus phone :(

Well seems they aren't going to be making phones for very much longer.

Hail Sithis!

As much as i want to like Huawei and think some of there phones look super sexy i can't get past the fact there have been multiple backdoor reports and id rather not risk it.

Also my G3 is a solid phone so i have no doubt LG will come through again like they have with the nexus 4, 5 and G3.

Updated post with more relevant Info regarding potential specifications.

Nexus Note incoming. Though I hope not, I want to upgrade my N4(love it still), but not to a big ass device like a note size. Thus why I personaly skipped the N6, even being a swell lookinm and feeling device, I have normal human sized hands.

Nexus Note incoming. Though I hope not, I want to upgrade my N4(love it still), but not to a big ass device like a note size. Thus why I personaly skipped the N6, even being a swell lookinm and feeling device, I have normal human sized hands.

By N4 do you mean note 4 or nexus 4? The note 4 is fairly new, but the nexus 4 is also still kicking it. 

I think I'm holding off until I see project ara later this year. If it's not compelling, I'll be keeping the Oneplus One for another year or so.